#1 turbozob

turbozob

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:46 AM

Hello,

I own The First Decade game and all this time the LAN or network worked for me on previous PC's, but now I got one PC "HP Workstation" with Win7 x64bit and the network mode does not work, it keeps returning to the main menu screen. I have tried everything but unsuccessful, it always keeps returning me to the main menu.Of course, I did installed tfd-103-rev4 patch which includes wsock32.dll, I also selected network card in the network option and nothing. When I change the socket number it works but then there are no players in the lobby. Also I read that by changing the "Netcard" number in the ra2.ini or ra2md.ini it should work if network card is on other location, I have tried to change it from 0-10 but still nothing. I have a laptop with same system Win7 x64bit and over there everything works with same install procedure, so it must be something in windows... Anyone have any ideas? I am going crazy lol.

Here is the video: http://youtu.be/TC6XrEUaOsY

Thanks

Edited by turbozob, 08 November 2014 - 12:12 PM.

#2 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:46 AM

If you're playing over LAN then your opponent must use the same socket number as your client.

#3 turbozob

turbozob

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:55 AM

Not really, when it worked (on other PC's) all i need to do is just select network card with all zeros and that was it, all worked.

Edit. I just ran virtual XP machine and installed the TFD and Xwis game and all works. So it must something on my PC that is causing this.

Edited by turbozob, 08 November 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#4 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:29 AM

Not really, when it worked (on other PC's) all i need to do is just select network card with all zeros and that was it, all worked.

Edit. I just ran virtual XP machine and installed the TFD and Xwis game and all works. So it must something on my PC that is causing this.

... When you modify your socket number, then you will not be able to see anyone in the lobby on LAN or VPN. Which is why your opponent has to change their socket number too.

There is no 'not really' I was telling you that IF you modify the socket number without returning it to the default value you will not see anyone in the lobby..

Well, good luck with your troubleshooting in that case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users