33 replies to this topic

#26 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:17 PM

why would 2nd place warrant such a high cut?

if you want a big cut, take home gold, just like any other competition

It could largely depend on the number of players involved.

Between 10-30 50,25,15 and 10% house is about right.

#27 Showtime

Showtime

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:06 AM

Well ?

#28 hefeweize

hefeweize

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:17 AM

ImJordan,

This isn't going to start itself. 

Let's start this, please create a tournament sign up sheet and new page. Find out the target amount of donations needed and acquire this by asking. $100 is good for about 10 people. $60 1st price. $20 2nd prize. $10 3rd prize. If you double the amount of people. You can make 6 prizes. Better chances of winning and more people will opt in to play!

So.. Make a tournament sign up sheet.. Either 1v1 or 2v2.. or both! People will join in.

Have Olaf send out a mass email to all strike-team members about this RA2 tournament. 

People will see. It will spread.

Take 10% of the donated proceeds and donate it to strike-team for administration purposes. 

Edited by hefeweize, 24 January 2015 - 05:22 AM.

#29 WiZiNaBuS

WiZiNaBuS

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:21 PM

Wouldn't it just be better to use the QM ladder (or CM ladder)? For example.. get the donations, now you have a prize pool.  Say it begins in march or w/e. Advertise to hell.  Top players from that month get the cash.  Now you don't have to worry about people showing up at X time, as they have a month long to QM.  Plus.. activity should go up for the month as opposed to a single day. Plus you have the streamers. I would be willing to donate to something like that, just to see some good players come back.  It would also be sweet if people captured games and we could observe certain games to capture- so we could go back and watch, commentate, etc.  The ladder is already structured pretty nicely.

Or you could use the ladder as seeding for a finals.  

Edited by WiZiNaBuS, 16 February 2015 - 02:22 PM.

#30 oldcarp

oldcarp

Bring back YR!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:09 AM

Wouldn't it just be better to use the QM ladder (or CM ladder)? For example.. get the donations, now you have a prize pool.  Say it begins in march or w/e. Advertise to hell.  Top players from that month get the cash.  Now you don't have to worry about people showing up at X time, as they have a month long to QM.  Plus.. activity should go up for the month as opposed to a single day. Plus you have the streamers. I would be willing to donate to something like that, just to see some good players come back.  It would also be sweet if people captured games and we could observe certain games to capture- so we could go back and watch, commentate, etc.  The ladder is already structured pretty nicely.

Or you could use the ladder as seeding for a finals.  

This sounds pretty good, I'd come back a play a bit if there was an active ladder. Nice MSPP avatar btw :D

#31 DaRk

DaRk

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:58 AM

i would also donate something, if we do what wizinabus said, just use the tournement monthly ladder, but also i think every month there should be a price for most games played on 1 nick, as that would boost

activity even more i think, theres many people that cant compete for top 3 so they also have something to win, as they do compete for most games played these players surely should get better pretty quik.

Hope this takes off soon, i would donate surely

#32 GeNeRaLsLaViK

GeNeRaLsLaViK

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:19 AM

Ill throw 50 on it.

SHUDRSKI,genslavik,-SoV1eT-

Played this shit religiously back in the day. just got it again, the TUC. Im ready

#33 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:14 PM

We just had a real organized tournament a couple of months ago.

I play with Mikoz please.

#34 LBL

LBL

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • XWIS Name: LBL

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:28 PM

lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users