1 reply to this topic

#1 Taladude

Taladude

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:10 PM

Hi, when me and my brother are playing Red alert 2 online 1v1 his screen will go black a little into the match. This results in me being disconnected, and so that my brother have to turn off the computer with the power button. What is the problem, as is there a fix. Both of us are using windows 7.

#2 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:20 AM

First of all your brother does not have to turn off the computer all he needs to do is press "ctrl+shift+escape", this will open task manager and he can end either "red alert 2.exe" or "game.exe" depending on which medium he used to install the game.

As for your main problem, I would suspect that your game freezes at 143 credits and leads up to a disconnect screen displaying "waiting for all players to join the game". This means that your brother, or yourself, have mph.exe blocked.

It's the part of the game that helps in forming p2p connections between players and it needs to be added into security software exclusions (as in excluded from scans and traffic filtering), as well as blocking of ports that it might need to form these connections.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users