#52 TheNecrons

TheNecrons

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:00 AM

----Guys----

What about giving 50 serials for FREE and adverse it on CNCRed Alert 2 Facebook page?

I think it would be perfect :cool2:

We should also donate to make this possible-

#53 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:37 AM

Why? Olaf can give away 50 free serials. But i like your idea :) i wonder how many people are willing to play our beloved game.

Edited by ImNewButOld, 05 October 2014 - 11:38 AM.

#54 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:04 PM

Why? Olaf can give away 50 free serials.

No, he's making money from them, not gonna happen. Ask some one with a large wallet instead.

#55 TheNecrons

TheNecrons

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:01 PM

Why we not all try to donate? I'll try too.

Olaf answer please.

#56 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:13 PM

Because I have better places to spend my money :)

#57 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

you know i didn't really intend for this topic to generate new players at all, this topic was intended to boost the ladder activity a little.

#58 TheNecrons

TheNecrons

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:31 PM

It's better to add new players i think. And we PROBABLY found a way to do it.

#59 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:53 PM

I've made both proposals myself.

+1 to both

#60 tRiPPy

tRiPPy

cool

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2469 posts
  • XWIS Name: tRipPy

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:42 PM

you know i didn't really intend for this topic to generate new players at all, this topic was intended to boost the ladder activity a little.

not suggesting any changes be made in this regard or whether it would effect players other than myself but maybe a smaller rotating monthly map pool could be a possibility. can't say I have any intentions of qming when there are more maps than I could probably get games in a month and some I know I wouldn't even get matched on for ~3 months probably.

#61 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:12 AM

not suggesting any changes be made in this regard or whether it would effect players other than myself but maybe a smaller rotating monthly map pool could be a possibility. can't say I have any intentions of qming when there are more maps than I could probably get games in a month and some I know I wouldn't even get matched on for ~3 months probably.

would love to do that

#62 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:30 AM

would love to do that

I suggested that 2-3 times already and a month or two ago...

#63 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:10 AM

A smaller map pool? Cause you dont know the maps Trippy? I expected more from a player like you. Worst idea ever.

#64 tRiPPy

tRiPPy

cool

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2469 posts
  • XWIS Name: tRipPy

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:55 AM

A smaller map pool? Cause you dont know the maps Trippy? I expected more from a player like you. Worst idea ever.

firstly, reading comprehension is still not one of your strong points. I don't know the maps because I live in the worst possible timezone where ra2 is most active whilst I sleep and has less than 30 people active online after work. it must be great being able to have 3 nicks in the top 10 with over 250games played and still have the option of forcing other players to play by your own rules though, I truly envy you mikoz.

#65 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:51 AM

Dont tell me you cant go qm and learn a few maps like we all did in the past. If you dont have matches play them in single ladder or copy them and place them above your bed.

Forcing you for my rules? I dont force anyone, you just come up with a proposal wich will force ppl to play under YOUR limited rules.

Lmao dont start a disscusion with me you lost is so hard

#66 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:12 AM

Dont tell me you cant go qm and learn a few maps like we all did in the past. If you dont have matches play them in single ladder or copy them and place them above your bed.

Forcing you for my rules? I dont force anyone, you just come up with a proposal wich will force ppl to play under YOUR limited rules.

Lmao dont start a disscusion with me you lost is so hard

+1 agreed ;)

#67 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:45 AM

ye lol sorry bout the last line, was no need for that. But truely.. asking for less maps is noob style esp for a pro like Sammo.

#68 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

I think he meant making players like latof go Russia as they only way you'll play them, haha haha.

A Rotating map pool would be fun, then you can truly get the most out of maps, since as trippy says not everyone is able to play 5 hours a day anymore, and sometimes there active timezones are filled with no players!

But I still stick by my earlier post

#69 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

Still a handicapted map pool is no solution for sammo his unactive timezone.

99% of the players here played this game long enough to know all the maps pretty well. and if you dont ( those ppl who are always online but only do ffgs and 2v2 on a selected amount of maps its there own problem ) 

New players also took the time to learn them, why should there be made a special rule for oldskool players ? only cause there frustrated they cannot reach the current level anymore ? ( yes this is true else you would just scout new maps and enjoy them !!! ;) )

Edited by Mikoz, 08 October 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#70 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:58 PM

Yes. I can see both sides of this story. Sometimes, I do feel like there is an infinite amount of maps to be played, however, I enjoy it. Yeah, I might not be at my top skill level playing these new maps and that's a bit disappointing, but it's fresh, it's like I am playing the game all over again - learning new bo's, etc. It might take me a number of loses to learn, but I don't mind.

And besides, most of the maps are exactly symmetrical, so they are generally completely fair.

#71 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:12 PM

Ye agreed, most of the new maps are more fair and are less lame ( chance of recovering from a wrong bo, when you dont know the map are higher then the OG maps wich had more important buildings / oils and stuff )

Edited by Mikoz, 08 October 2014 - 01:13 PM.

#72 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:03 PM

He actually knows exactly what you're talking about, this idea wouldn't affect you at all considering that you get most of your games from playing your friends, on your maps, with your rules, in custom tournaments.

Yes you do, you're one of the few people who plays for the top with the most points, yet you tell other competitiors to go away or select a country other than Iraq because it's a direct counter to your playstyle.

You really have no right to say anything on this matter as it doesn't affect you in the slightest, besides all your points in this thread are hypocritical.

Edited by FReQuEnZy, 08 October 2014 - 02:04 PM.

#73 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:08 PM

Lol, I've been for new maps since the start (I gave suggestions to zzattacks map patch originally) so I love having a million maps, however your point that someone should know all maps is false, I qm a small bit every month and there are still a lot of maps I'm not sure about.

Rotating map pool is just cool, and while I do think people who play 5 hours a day should be rewarded by knowing all the maps in Qm, a rotating map pool just has more structure to it. Just my thoughts anyways

#74 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:30 PM

Mikoz man most of the time you're hosting tournament game on one of 5 maps :D

IMO a smaller rotating map pool is like expand said a good way to get the most out of the maps.

@martin I've wanted a smaller map pool for years.. When I ran the map patch with frank we always kept it to 16 max new maps- this idea isn't new

#75 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:28 PM

I just make whatever i can get games on. thats also why i can obtain so much games in relativiliy so less time.

This month is 99% qm for example cause i see some new ppl in there.

You guys are really noobs, go ahead, limit the amounth of maps after 14 years   :bicycle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users