Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:39 PM

Point 1 : Agreed
Point 2 : That wont help since they mainly 2v2 those. also, the problem are not the maps, the problem is the mentally of players, They will never chance. probally a few disableds and analphabetics. The only thing that would help is to totally erase the ffg' and let every game count for the ladder.

@ Tomi, agreed about Olaf, he simply doesnt love this game like we do and he dont care about activity. Biggest example is the poll i made for returning the w/l stats per map and faction (30-3) + i asked him 10 times before in a period of 6 years time and he only replyd with some completely off topic sarcasm... and when you match him in game he promotes lame play ( as admin! ) and bann players when they flame out of frustration. This guy is capable of creating an great cheat free server but he really needs to hire some1 for human relations and marketing.

#27 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:47 PM

I would not eliminate ffg's they have their place for other patrons who do not wish to involve themselves in ladder player

my whole argument on the ffg mod maps able to be used for cm mainly because I play with a lot of these players and a good amount would 2v2 cm or 1v1 cm on the maps they feel comfortable in, and a good player should easily be able to adapt to a map of any status with fair advantages

also there is no need to jump on the bandwagon to attack olaf, this topic is not intended to belittle any admin as they are the reason we can even have this discussion, sure he may come off sarcastic or not want to listen to your ideas however we wouldn't even have our ideas if he didn't maintain the server so there is no use in the attack mike.

thanks for you input mikoz, and sorry I used you as an example on one case however I just looked at the previous top 10.

#28 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:04 PM

Proposal : Allow them to be optional for Tourny and CM only. This would effect no one who refused to play these maps for points, however it could spark life into the ladder.

Can't you already play (clan) tournament games on these maps?
I've got serious trouble trying to understand what you're saying here.

#29 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:43 PM

That's what I was thinking. Tourney / CM games have always been allowed on any map.

But Olaf, doesn't that contradict with the rule that cheat reports cannot be proven on mod maps? Someone could play tourney mod maps all month and cheat in every single game without being banned.

Edited by dsector, 03 October 2014 - 11:44 PM.

#30 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:46 PM

That's what I was thinking. Tourney / CM games have always been allowed on any map.

But Olaf, doesn't that contradict with the rule that cheat reports cannot be proven on mod maps? Someone could play tourney mod maps all month and cheat in every single game without being banned.

if that was implemented then im sure there would be a rule changed.

#31 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:50 PM

if what was implemented? Who's stopping you from playing 2v2 cm or 1v1 tourney games on mod maps?

EDIT: I guess it's not possible :p For some reason I thought it was allowed :blushing:

Edited by dsector, 03 October 2014 - 11:52 PM.

#32 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:58 AM

Can't you already play (clan) tournament games on these maps?
I've got serious trouble trying to understand what you're saying here.

No. Unless some one would convert the maps into .mmx and set official=yes then distribute them to all the player who'd want to CM on them.

He's suggesting to add mod maps to the map patch and set them to non standard.

#33 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:10 AM

open up any custom map in notepad

change 'Official=no' to 'Offical=yes'
save the map and send the file to your buddy

http://gyazo.com/592293e9cd56dc6c4ed7913f36c84130

play tourny and cm on it

easy

#34 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:46 AM

Including the top X most popular maps should be simple.

#35 Yak

Yak

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • XWIS Name: Yak

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:16 PM

your suggestions might help to increase the level of activity, but even it won't be a noticeably changes.

i totally agree with Tomi 

RA2 is an old game, but i believe that there's still hundreds of thousands of people who still asking about how to play this game online ???

I've seen hundreds of comments at this Facebook page asking about how to play RA2 / YR online :

https://www.facebook.com/CNCRedAlert2

this page already has 101k fans, each post gets not less than +100 share / +500 likes

a simple advertisement would make an incredible effect on the level of activity, even if it would be PAID, it totally worth it 

(we can all donate to pay for this advertisement in case if Olaf refused to pay)

but 1st you have to make the server free to play, it's hard to force anyone to pay for playing a 14-years old game.

such changes really worth it, and the outcome would be for sure huge

anything else like your suggestions and the others topics regarding to this issue, would be a small changes which wont affect activity/ladder at all

#36 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:17 PM

the mod maps are not eligible for ladder player olaf, and the mod maps are suggest are all to fair advantages, the only true mod to them is the oil money = unlimited (kind of)

cheating on mod maps are not enforced, however we could always make an exception to the rules on such maps in ladder games, with the exception of the oil derrick nothing else is modified.

thanks for the reply to this thread.

@ yak - so you agree it will increase activity but not a noticeable change? - so you're saying if 1 player comes to ra2 to compete, it's not worth it because it's not 500.

Edited by marsh1, 04 October 2014 - 01:18 PM.

#37 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

i was streaming mw3 the other day and people where asking whats that "red game" i explained what game it is and they are interested in buying it :D

Edited by Shauny, 04 October 2014 - 02:57 PM.

#38 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

1 extra active player is already a huge boost on the ladder... with 2-3 more ppl 1000 pts can be reached again and with up to 10 like 1200-1300. But then in talking about active ladders players like me,marsh,p3achy for example, but not those useless ffg players on shitty maps.

#39 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:48 PM

I've got 1825 pts in FFG atm, maybe you should stop clinging to 'dead' game modes?

#40 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

@ martin - you know if the ladder died ra2 would lose probably half it's player over night, that's the only thing that has made xwis better than other servers.

@ imnewbutold - I feel one day you'll actually make a post on this thread that has more to do with the topic and less to do with you being a bad troll, post like "LOL" serves no purpose, it just a way for you to be noticed like "look over here guys, I'm around!"

Edited by marsh1, 04 October 2014 - 05:02 PM.

#41 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:59 PM

@ martin - you know if the ladder died ra2 would lose probably half it's player over night, that's the only thing that has made xwis better than other servers.

For me the ladder died when I stopped QMing a few years ago.

#42 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 06:00 PM

however that may be true for you, outside your world there are other people.

#43 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 06:20 PM

Those are some desperate people...

#44 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:04 PM

My god Frequenzy, you are such a bad influence on this topic. Calling ppl desperate while you hang around in lobby 24/7 avoiding the ladder and ending up with a 0-1 after a failed lame play gainst me.... Do you realise Marsh made effort for this post? You also call HIM desperate.. We are just trying to share ideas bout how to help the activity ( ladder = activity ) and all you can do is being a negative minded troublemaker.

#45 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:17 PM

I agree!! ( mikoz if you want an active ladder then don't flame your clan partner)

#46 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:29 PM

all you can do is being a negative minded troublemaker.

Actually I'm just being realistic.

The only people who can make this game active are EA staff, Olaf, Sean3z...

I've analyized the idea/methods of making the game active a lot more then most people posting here, meaning that I have experience on the subject.

Edited by FReQuEnZy, 04 October 2014 - 11:32 PM.

#47 Yak

Yak

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • XWIS Name: Yak

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:30 PM

@ yak - so you agree it will increase activity but not a noticeable change? - so you're saying if 1 player comes to ra2 to compete, it's not worth it because it's not 500.

i'm not saying that +1 player comes to ra2 doesn't worth it, but what i wanted to say that there are a better ways to boost the activity which will make - for sure - a huge activity increasing, ignoring such ways and trying to make a small changes which won't make a noticeably effect makes no sense.

i'm not underestimating your suggestions, but in my point of view Change = noticeable Change

if i'm going to make a change to increase the level of activity, so i should look for the best way to get the best revenue.

#48 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:39 PM

i'm not saying that +1 player comes to ra2 doesn't worth it, but what i wanted to say that there are a better ways to boost the activity which will make - for sure - a huge activity increasing, ignoring such ways and trying to make a small changes which won't make a noticeably effect makes no sense.

This is 100% true an well said. It's exactly what my point is as well.

New players come to ra2 all the time, be they returning old players or some old fans who never played online, some of them log in to online and start playing mod maps, after which they FFG classic maps after which they go to play on the ladder.

I've had/have many of those players in my clan ( cncftw ) and the clan has acted as a nice buffer offering the newer players a chance to learn by playing with better players, having a more active game due to the size of the clan ( easy to /page0 ) and drawing the players away from play mod maps such as thc, beachfront, funny big map.

I don't play 24/7 as mikoz states, but I can get a lot of 2v2 FFG's with a lot of decent players, I'm keeping the game active for myself through minor inter game social networking. ( the clan and skype ).

#49 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:27 AM

This game would be fun forever if there were 20 "good" players.

However you should be able to play for free with restrictions, as far as I'm concerned.... I.e.

If you don't have a serial,
You could only be Germany/Libya
Clan matches only
Only one username
Etc...
Just thought but you get the point

How to implement it? I don't know but free to play is the only way to gain a good chunk of new players

#50 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:35 AM

im lost somewhere in this topic. If you want to play those maps in Torny/Cm you can do it. noone is goin to stop you.

i mean i like this dude http://xwis.net/ra2/prev/pl/soldatt/

He playes same map and i just use the same tactic and i always win vs him. ( he always move mcv to the middle so i always send an engi to capture his mcv).

I rather player like this than "funny big map" players.

i mean, Marsh with no offence if you want more free points from players just host a game in those maps and they will join you and they will eventually lose. It wont be a big deal for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users