Hahaha, you could be right there. :lollol:

#52 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:28 PM

Unfortunately, that game I let my 2 miners get flak-droned, ran half of my tanks through one side of his base and the other half through the other, had all of my dogs killed, engi ate, and drone died.

Nothing went well for me that game. I blame the curse of Edd. 

#53 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:06 PM

Curse of edd? =(

It's probably just karma, considering you clearly lost vs me and created a stalemate with sentrys on a cliff then refused to quit.

Nevertheless, great game. =)

#54 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:10 PM

why dont you guys just cut the shit and call each other nerds and fags?

these passive aggressive comments are giving me the shits

#55 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:25 PM

Lol hahaha

#56 AbRoMoV

AbRoMoV

Für immer frei und ungeteilt.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2180 posts
  • XWIS Name: ZooM

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:42 PM

why dont you guys just cut the shit and call each other nerds and fags?

these passive aggressive comments are giving me the shits

LOL

#57 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:48 PM

they already have overheated laptops. a real fight would be to painfull.

#58 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:06 PM

Nah man, no passive aggressive comments from me. It was honestly a really good game, both our games went down to the wire before the sentrys went up in cliffs.

I thought the whole thing was pretty funny. I'll admit, maybe 10 years ago I would've raged at that but I didn't really care this time.

I only waited to see how long we can go or until Steffen wanted to play some 2v2.

#59 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:42 PM

Nah man, no passive aggressive comments from me. It was honestly a really good game, both our games went down to the wire before the sentrys went up in cliffs.

I thought the whole thing was pretty funny. I'll admit, maybe 10 years ago I would've raged at that but I didn't really care this time.

I only waited to see how long we can go or until Steffen wanted to play some 2v2.

You dont care so you waited 48 hours? then finally quit :D

#60 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:47 PM

You dont care so you waited 48 hours? then finally quit :D

Exactly.

#61 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:02 AM

^^ I was going to quit 1 minute after 7:01pm but realized it would be a good idea for me NOT to be able to play ra2 for a day or two and focus on school projects/tests.

Dylan... <3

#62 Rocker219

Rocker219

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:47 AM

My opinion on how ra2 should be played is that engineers had a more risk to them because their reward is amazing.

I'll camp all day with allies and still cover a map though.

But I don't play anymore. Cramner. My suggestion would be to just have as much fun as you can win or lose. No reason to rage at ra2

#63 Darknessx

Darknessx

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:26 AM

Why play those money maps you ask?

1. you really get to see how units interact with each other(like did you know that elite prism tanks also stall out everything they hit/ mass Patriots are better than mass flak). You can only learn so much on the same QMs time after time, and usually games are played the same way on those every time. dogs, tanks, rockies, engi--> objectives.

2. some of the funnest games i have ever played that really test your multi-tasking abilities is on beachfront. There's just so much to do.

3. If you're not on the ball within the first 30 seconds of that game, and then keep up the intensity for the next 20 minutes, you're done for.

Funny big map- unit passive-actions learning workshop. base management. micro-management. 

#64 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:19 PM

mass patriot better than mass flak ? 

#65 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:51 PM

like did you know that elite prism tanks also stall out everything they hit

Yes, every good allied player knows that. That's why we make them vs masses of Rhino tanks.

mass Patriots are better than mass flak

No. Mass patriots are better against Jets, Kirovs and a few missles. (due to a single hit single target projectile)

Flak is better against rocketeers, lots of missiles. (due to splash damage)

You can only learn so much on the same QMs time after time, and usually games are played the same way on those every time. dogs, tanks, rockies, engi--> objectives.

You lack creativity if you can only learn so much. Just improvise new strategies. I got the weirdest play-styles around with any faction.

2. some of the funnest games i have ever played that really test your multi-tasking abilities is on beachfront. There's just so much to do.

Some of the funniest games I've had were vs oldskool pros playing 2v2's on classic maps, there was so much to do 3 minutes into the game that after a series of 2 games my hands were getting stiff and sore. All the fine unit control and micromanagement was just insane.

Funny big map- unit passive-actions learning workshop. base management. micro-management.

You have much more of that at top level of play. You got to manage multiple unit groups and bases simultaneously, defending one or two bases while attacking one or two while building, managing economy, fine unit control, etc.

There's a reason to why top competitive players can easily win on any of the mod maps you play.

Edited by FReQuEnZy, 14 October 2014 - 02:52 PM.

#66 Darknessx

Darknessx

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:00 AM

Yes, every good allied player knows that. That's why we make them vs masses of Rhino tanks.

No. Mass patriots are better against Jets, Kirovs and a few missles. (due to a single hit single target projectile)

Flak is better against rocketeers, lots of missiles. (due to splash damage)

You lack creativity if you can only learn so much. Just improvise new strategies. I got the weirdest play-styles around with any faction.

Some of the funniest games I've had were vs oldskool pros playing 2v2's on classic maps, there was so much to do 3 minutes into the game that after a series of 2 games my hands were getting stiff and sore. All the fine unit control and micromanagement was just insane.

You have much more of that at top level of play. You got to manage multiple unit groups and bases simultaneously, defending one or two bases while attacking one or two while building, managing economy, fine unit control, etc.

There's a reason to why top competitive players can easily win on any of the mod maps you play.

I pre-ordered this game and have been playing it ever since, so please don't be so condescending. I've done everything you have mentioned thousands of times.  

However, when i was still learning, it was maps like thc4 that showed me what mass vs mass looks like. Ive found that patriots have an edge over flak for one reason- lag. sometimes, flak cannons will pause a second or two if they all queued on the same rocky and kill it together. sometimes flak tracks won't even fire for several seconds, or will shoot at rockies that are dead and falling slowly. Mass patriots never cease due to lag and very rarely waste shots...... Ifv's are another story. Yeah, flak has more splash but it's the unreliability that makes it lose its edge when we're talking about 40-50 structures. Rockies get eaten alive by patriots in seconds.

Usually the player who never gets complacent will win the big money maps...... very similar to QM i suppose.

The one thing i never got good at was unit cycling. moving the red healths to the back during tank skirmishes, but i think very few top players can do that very efficiently. 

on funnybigmap its fun to see how crated units interact with each other. for example, who wins between an Apoc fully upgraded and promoted vs a Tank Destroyer fully upgraded and promoted? or the Tesla tank with the same? or which unit gets the most out of promotions? teslas get more range while TDs get more damage. you don't learn those aspects of the game in QM because no one ever builds those units.

I say all this to say, that talented players will still win no matter the map but these maps bring a focus to a handful of aspects of the game.

#67 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:45 AM

I pre-ordered this game and have been playing it ever since, so please don't be so condescending. I've done everything you have mentioned thousands of times.

Yet everything you said is complete bullshit.
Example is below.

Ive found that patriots have an edge over flak for one reason- lag. sometimes, flak cannons will pause a second or two if they all queued on the same rocky and kill it together. sometimes flak tracks won't even fire for several seconds, or will shoot at rockies that are dead and falling slowly. Mass patriots never cease due to lag and very rarely waste shots...... Ifv's are another story. Yeah, flak has more splash but it's the unreliability that makes it lose its edge when we're talking about 40-50 structures. Rockies get eaten alive by patriots in seconds.

Complete nonsense.
Most reasonable people make flak vs mass air and patriots vs mass... nothing as all the patriots shoot their missiles at the first target, this is often seen when only one or two jets die from multiple patriots, sometimes it's even clearly visible how all the missiles are following one single plane (air unit)

The one thing i never got good at was unit cycling. moving the red healths to the back during tank skirmishes, but i think very few top players can do that very efficiently.

I have a keyboard shortcut for this, but I rarely use it.

on funnybigmap its fun to see how crated units interact with each other. for example, who wins between an Apoc fully upgraded and promoted vs a Tank Destroyer fully upgraded and promoted? or the Tesla tank with the same? or which unit gets the most out of promotions? teslas get more range while TDs get more damage. you don't learn those aspects of the game in QM because no one ever builds those units.

I say all this to say, that talented players will still win no matter the map but these maps bring a focus to a handful of aspects of the game.

If you find something like that fun then you clearly like different kind of mind numbing games than the RTS that RA2 is at the core/original level.
Teslas don't get more range they get a splash damage weapon that has a bouncing warhead, the original attack doesn't have more range.

There's plenty of people, good players that build those things in competitive. Go ask this Wolynia guy or XxxPrePxx...

Seeing from your posts you haven't been around for too long, which means you've missed a lot, thus anything you say has no foundation.
Besides the last time I played you, you were just like any other of those FBM, Mount Olympus nubs that have no idea how to play the original game and on-top of it the annoying childish attitude.

Edited by FReQuEnZy, 15 October 2014 - 01:46 AM.

#68 Darknessx

Darknessx

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:10 AM

Yet everything you said is complete bullshit.
Example is below.

Complete nonsense.
Most reasonable people make flak vs mass air and patriots vs mass... nothing as all the patriots shoot their missiles at the first target, this is often seen when only one or two jets die from multiple patriots, sometimes it's even clearly visible how all the missiles are following one single plane (air unit)

I have a keyboard shortcut for this, but I rarely use it.

If you find something like that fun then you clearly like different kind of mind numbing games than the RTS that RA2 is at the core/original level.
Teslas don't get more range they get a splash damage weapon that has a bouncing warhead, the original attack doesn't have more range.

There's plenty of people, good players that build those things in competitive. Go ask this Wolynia guy or XxxPrePxx...

Seeing from your posts you haven't been around for too long, which means you've missed a lot, thus anything you say has no foundation.
Besides the last time I played you, you were just like any other of those FBM, Mount Olympus nubs that have no idea how to play the original game and on-top of it the annoying childish attitude.

Wow the salt is real!

you're attacking me and you don't even know me. Every unit gets farther range when they get to elite status, you can look it up. The point I was making is that the Tesla tank gets an extra hex than other units, such as a rhino or an ifv. seriously dude..... no need to be so toxic.  case in point.... on funny big map, the tesla can't attack the airdrop from his side. However, when he hits elite promo he can then target it. that means his range has grown. try it, you might think twice about being so salty. of course he also gets extra arcs on hitting elite, everyone knows this. 

Again.... mass patriots are better than mass flak. this isn't conjecture.... this is thousands of games of experience. there is a threshold of course, flak will be better for all intents and purposes for most games. The games I am talking about is when you have like 50+ flack cannons vs 50+ patriots against 150-200 rockies. patriots will kill them faster, i have seen it too many times. 20 cannons? yeah flak is probably better, but it approaches a limit when the lag starts to kick in and the patriots don't suffer from that.

#69 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:01 AM

Yes they do. The animations are cut off that's all, in the case of flak.

You really need to learn to quote, it's so annoying to read your whole reply inside my own post.

#70 Rocker219

Rocker219

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:50 PM

Martin. AvA going mass patriots is a legit strat if you camp. And tech approrpriatly.

It costs 1200 for two rockies. One patriot will target one rockies but majority of the time the splash hits a close second so killing 2 rockies with one patriot already has been a better investment then tWo rockies

Edited by Rocker219, 17 October 2014 - 08:12 PM.

#71 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:57 PM

Martin. AvA going mass patriots is a legit strat if you camp. And tech approrpriatly.

Yeah, but I'd rather make an elite IFV.
BTW that other guy was talking about mod maps, where you can find other faction MCVs.
Meaning you'd have a choice of Flak or Patriots.

One patriot will target one rockies but majority of the time the splash hits a close second so killing 2 rockies with one patriot already has been a better investment then tWo rockies

Patriot missiles don't deal splash damage. Elite IFV missiles do.

Edited by FReQuEnZy, 17 October 2014 - 08:58 PM.

#72 Rocker219

Rocker219

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:47 PM

Patriots have a small splash radius. Check it

Oh sorry didn't realize this was about mod maps. Mod maps are lame and zzzzzz

Edited by Rocker219, 17 October 2014 - 09:51 PM.

#73 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 11:12 PM

Patriots have a small splash radius. Check it

Seems like you were right. The CellSpread=.3 is the splash damage. CellSpread=1 would mean a one in game cell (tile on the map) surrounding the impact point.

[SAMWH]
CellSpread=.3
PercentAtMax=1
Verses=100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,100%,100%
InfDeath=3
AnimList=XGRYSML1,XGRYSML2,EXPLOSML
ProneDamage=100%

#74 Rocker219

Rocker219

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 11:20 PM

;)

Thanks for being civil

Edited by Rocker219, 17 October 2014 - 11:20 PM.

#75 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

Quello che va in giro ritorna in giro.

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • XWIS Name: IonGenHD

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:09 PM

I hate the fact that almost every game people seem to make would rather play cheat-modded maps instead of the original/new ones set by XWIS...it's pathetic. Some wanting to 1v1 on a MODDED map...oh how convenient..

Next we'll start seeing people using Presidents and saying that it's a damn crate! :dry:

Edited by IonGenHD, 18 October 2014 - 08:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users