Photo

Serial question.

Best Answer Sean3z, 09 September 2014 - 06:36 PM

Sorry, I must have misread. If you're not using nor ever logged into that account then you should be fine.
It sounds more like you created an account for someone else rather than actually sharing with them. :p
Just make sure you don't log into one of their game nicks. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:49 PM

Hello xwis staff. Three weeks ago i bought a new RA2 account to share some nicks and bring some good new players. but now i have a problem. Since i manage both accounts  ( mine and the one im sharing) if any of those players cheat, would i get ban on my own account that im not sharing with anyone? I mean in not playing in that new account.

#2 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts
  • XWIS Name: sean3z

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:00 PM

Since i manage both accounts  ( mine and the one im sharing) if any of those players cheat, would i get ban on my own account

It's highly probable. Sharing accounts is never recommended but if you do, I'd ensure don't share with people that may cheat ;)

#3 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:15 PM

Thats the part i dont understand. Why do i get ban when im not playing in that account?

#4 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:40 PM

Why do i get ban when im not playing in that account?

Because it's tied to you. Getting others to play on XWIS is encouraged but, this is why sharing is generally not recommended.

#5 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:48 PM

He's not sharing his own serial number / game account. He's sharing a separate account which he doesn't use. The people playing on that separate account should be the ones banned if somebody cheats. It has always been like this.

If I have 10 friends come over and they each log-in with their own game accounts, are you going to ban all 10 if one of them decides to cheat? :mellow:

Edited by dsector, 09 September 2014 - 05:49 PM.

#6 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:36 PM   Best Answer

Sorry, I must have misread. If you're not using nor ever logged into that account then you should be fine.
It sounds more like you created an account for someone else rather than actually sharing with them. :p
Just make sure you don't log into one of their game nicks.

#7 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:26 PM

Will do, Thanks.

#8 bdizzle19lord

bdizzle19lord

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:38 PM

Ok imagine having 6 laptops at your house... Each with the game installed - each friend has their own account - but since the laptops are otherwise identical perhaps you accidently log in with one and get tied into another account.

Is there any way to fix this - to Manage the serial number and permenantly remove its relationship to various nicks or accounts - perhaps in the case of you wanting to give away your license to another person after having been done with it...

I imagine much of this is automated and there are probably only a handful of people who are aware of how this would work..

On another note -.

Would sure be nice if there was a new patch released to include all kinds of fixes / cheat removals / serial management / nick management / tie it into xwis properly and overall rejuvenate the game code...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users