#26 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:24 PM

No way that was the case. You're probably thinking of XWIS after the redirection. Take a look at the ladder screen shots I uploaded. Does that look like an active ladder?

Haha so they don't prove much then do they?

In the early stages of XWIS, you're right; however, we still had WOL to play. Regardless of bots over-taking the lobbies and chat being dropped, there were thousands of games. Occasionally, we'd arrange games from WOL to play on XWIS. As far as activity on ra2 as a whole, it was amazing. I guess I just never considered XWIS being 'dead' because ra2 was still really active during those times.

#27 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:28 PM

i agree that xwis was way more active back then..... all the players on xwis from 2003--2005 were the best players and were very active

#28 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

you cant really compare nowadays with back then (xwis 03-05), "activity" was similar.. but competitive-wise you just cant compare these 2 eras, people were better, more respectful, and main difference: top players played against eachother instead of avoiding eachother.

the "real" xwis started oct 05 when redirection happend.

anyways, congrats max! :cool2:

Edited by Tomi, 05 September 2014 - 06:13 AM.

#29 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:33 AM

so when people was playing on WOL. Xwis was running aswell? And we didint come to xwis untill the redirection happend? Could we of come to xwis if we knew about it? 

#30 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:51 AM

yea, xcl/xwis was created around 03 because EA stopped to support WOL, when all the bots and cheats started. both servers were available at that time.

whos we? everyone decent and fair who knew about xwis joined it and played there, the rest (cheaters, lamers, noobs) stayed on wol.

yes, everyone was permitted/able to join xwis.

#31 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

I use "we" loosely. I meant as a community really. But I was on wol then just got redirected to xwis. Which is where I started playing, I remember all the bots etc, but is it like now?? (Similar- just asking) if they stopped supporting xwis they could redirect them to another server?

I was just hoping I wasn't playing on wol when j could of been playing on xwis

Edited by Shauny, 05 September 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#32 aCnChaOz

aCnChaOz

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:25 PM

still many people play that game but not on xwis cuz of u have to pay for a cheat free Server. i hope one day a rich kid will be here and Start supporting ra2 (xwis).

Glückwunsch an Maximilian für rank 1.

#33 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:17 PM

Will never happen. Olaf wont give xwis away to someone and then making it free to play. Besides that, the game is just old as fuck so there is not really a chance people start playing it, even if its free.

#34 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

it was just an example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users