#1 NapolyoN

NapolyoN

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

Hi guys,

ı bought the origin version of C&C ultimate so anyway I wanted to play RA2 with my laptop installed windows 8.1. I can play single player campaings, skirmish etc. However when I open gamespy and Host or Join a game, menu comes I go to network and when I click Join for someone's game or click Host everytime it sends to to windows and after that I can't go back to game because it is all black. This is so wierd, I mean everything is ok but I when try to join a game it sends me back to windows..

Has anyone ever heard something like that? What can I do for that?

#2 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:36 PM

There is an alternative download of RA2 on this website found at www.xwis.net/d

It comes with the auto ss + map pack as well!

No music (but you can copy it into the folder)

When you first start it you will encounter a black screen--just wait it out as its loading all the maps.

On a side note: lots of people have issues with windows 8.1 and I'm not sure what works... There's a topic somewhere called "windows 8 post your bugs" or something if you want to look through that... otherwise wait for someone else to post here.

Edited by Seke, 31 August 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#3 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:43 PM

Hi guys,

ı bought the origin version of C&C ultimate so anyway I wanted to play RA2 with my laptop installed windows 8.1. I can play single player campaings, skirmish etc. However when I open gamespy and Host or Join a game, menu comes I go to network and when I click Join for someone's game or click Host everytime it sends to to windows and after that I can't go back to game because it is all black. This is so wierd, I mean everything is ok but I when try to join a game it sends me back to windows..

Has anyone ever heard something like that? What can I do for that?

Ra2 doesn't work so well with windows 8.1.

XWIS provides online for RA2 not gamespy, besides the gamespy servers were shut down and the service was replaced by : http://cnc-online.net/

To play ra2 you'll need have an XWIS account, an in game nickname and password, created at http://www.xwis.net/ga

Be sure to add the game to firewall exceptions. ra2.exe, game.exe, mph.exe . Also to add your computer to a DMZ for your internet router.

There is an alternative download of RA2 on this website found at www.xwis.net/d

It comes with the auto ss + map pack as well!

No music (but you can copy it into the folder)

When you first start it you will encounter a black screen--just wait it out as its loading all the maps.

On a side note: lots of people have issues with windows 8.1 and I'm not sure what works... There's a topic somewhere called "windows 8 post your bugs" or something if you want to look through that... otherwise wait for someone else to post here.

The alternative doesn't work on Windows 8.1 (not completely) the official original release works the best.

#4 NapolyoN

NapolyoN

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

I see many people creating game and playing on gamespy still.. Everything is fine for me too until i click join from the lobby to a game. it sends me to the windows back and i can't go back..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users