12 replies to this topic

#1 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:09 AM

How can i kill a group of GIs after being deployed with a group of dogs? With that i mean should i ctrl+shift or make a close click And let The dogs attack?

Edited by AMadKirov, 11 August 2014 - 02:45 AM.

#2 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:19 AM

If there are too many gis (8-10 depending on their concentration) to approach you should bring a tank or make a sentry gun, once the tank or gun begins to take fire quickly send your dogs in. Otherwise you can lose upwards of 8 dogs, especially if you haven't a sufficient number to allow 1-2 to survive as they approach the mass of gis. In fact, if you don't have a tight pack of at least 5 dogs, you can waste an indefinite number and still not kill the gis, or worse, not kill them and let one become promoted to elite.

#3 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:25 AM

what josh said, but without that always let dogs attack on their own, like literally always

#4 glank

glank

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:41 AM

1. I think the best thing is to get 2 or 3 dogs to land on the spot before the gi is deployed, if this isnt work
2.  Sentry gun + or use a miner for a second + a tank or 2 dogs
3. Sell the building getting damaged to avoid promotion
4. If you are playing in a Top position on a map = be extra careful because the time to react to the paradrop is less 

#5 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

Quello che va in giro ritorna in giro.

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • XWIS Name: IonGenHD

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

There's an easier way to guard your base against an inbound paradrop with dogs anyway. Just spread a few dogs out in your base and promptly press "G" on each dog to have it guard that area. Always have at least a Sentry (as Soviet) or Pillbox (Allied) next to or in front of one of your dogs though, as sometimes G.I's will attack the first line of defence it gets to that may be attacking them. (Pill/Sentry). Since the G.I's are distracted shooting at the line of defence, that gives your guarding dogs a fighting chance to attack them.

#6 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

Dogs are always in Guard mode, there is no need to arm them with the G command. And if the dog must travel any distance whatsoever, a deployed paradrop will always kill it. Therefore you always require more than one dog against a group of gis. If a paradrop has successfully landed, I would not recommend trying to kill it with dogs alone as you are nearly certainly going to lose a few, which is wasteful.

For this reason, it's often wise to choose a spot slightly outside of the enemy's base for your drop, as in this case a sentry gun can be avoided and you will have more time to assess how to best approach your target.

#7 TheNecrons

TheNecrons

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:02 PM

In early game i send 2 Tanks to crush para (i always manage to crush them all), and have always a Sentry ready . In mid-late game i put like 10-15 Dogs in my Base and 2-3 Sentries built + 1 ready. Deso can be used only if are willing to build 2-3  Flak Canons in your Base to defend them from planes.

#8 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

Make sure to use vet tanks to run gi s over so you can get it leet!

#9 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

In early game i send 2 Tanks to crush para (i always manage to crush them all), and have always a Sentry ready . In mid-late game i put like 10-15 Dogs in my Base and 2-3 Sentries built + 1 ready. Deso can be used only if are willing to build 2-3  Flak Canons in your Base to defend them from planes.

I would not recommend using tanks to crush a para alone, particularly in the early game. The tanks will take damage and while each player's army counts 5 rhinos (7-8grizz) or less, this can actually be of some consequence. As for building 10-15 dogs and additional sentry guns, that is an enormous amount of resources to counter a free paradrop. In such a case you encourage your opponent to keep his paradrops with his army or use it for defence, rendering all your expense wasted. 1 deso can be made at the time of the drop, and afterward used as part of your offense. 

#10 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:43 PM

So may anyone explaing to me what happened in these 2 videos?

http://youtu.be/mwMz4d1cacs?t=4m2s

http://youtu.be/mwMz4d1cacs?t=4m6s

Edited by AMadKirov, 11 August 2014 - 09:46 PM.

#11 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:30 PM

same video, 8 undeployed gi's in a line vs 8 dogs at a short distance 

#12 NSanityHD

NSanityHD

Quello che va in giro ritorna in giro.

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • XWIS Name: IonGenHD

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

Not bad at all. Petty that the game recorders can't record the full screen of the game though. :confused:

Edited by IonGenHD, 12 August 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#13 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

That's the full screen if you have a 4:3 monitor.

Nothing is cut out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users