#1 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:15 AM

I asked a few people if they were also experiencing some lag and they all said that it's been fine for them. 

When i'm on the forums, it takes a considerable amount of time for the page to load up. Sometimes it seems like it just freezes so i'll have to refresh the page. The same goes with the ladder.

When i'm on ra2, moving from lobby to games i'll normally get "Leaving Channel" and if I get kicked out of a game, it'll lag me out.  There was a few times now that I've been in a game waiting to start a 2v2 or something but it seems nothing is happening. I type but nobody responds so I have to cntrl alt dlt and restart. This happened a few times during my stream. 

This all started about a week ago.

Any idea what is causing all of this?

I should mention that no other website lags and no other game that I play has given me any problems.

#2 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:28 AM

Sometimes it happens to me. after 5 matches or long time in the lobby afk. sometimes only switch the time of the pc fix it. sometimes i have to restart the whole game.

#3 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:05 AM

I might be wrong, but I think the forum and ladder are on a different server than the game, so your two problems are unrelated to each other. Sounds to me like it's not caused by your connection so I'd just wait another week and see if anyone else complains :p

#4 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

Nope its the same server. Im not very active but I havent seen slow loading pages :p

#5 xNathanx

xNathanx

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2803 posts
  • XWIS Name: RaganZin

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

played some 2v2 cms today and been on s-t on and off for the past few weeks no lag from me. Just giving my input. 

#6 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

I've been getting the same problem as Edd, from about 2-3 weeks ago. Sometimes the forum loads with errors and ends up looking rather glitched.

#7 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:30 AM

Run Wireshark and find out what's wrong..

#8 tbiol

tbiol

Captain

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • XWIS Name: tbiol

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

I have experienced very slow page loading here, as well as on the ladders.  The ladders' page is very slow when trying to view screen shots.  

Can't say i have had any issues during the game, but i haven't been playing all that much, and when i have been trying to it seems like finding a match has become more challenging

#9 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

I wouldnt be suprised if OVH has routing issues (again). Hetzner was better Olaf! You're doing a good job anyway so can't blame you :)

#10 tbiol

tbiol

Captain

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • XWIS Name: tbiol

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

It looks like it will take me a month to understand any of this, 

#11 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:53 AM

Sounds like a great learning opportunity.

I wouldnt be suprised if OVH has routing issues (again). Hetzner was better Olaf! You're doing a good job anyway so can't blame you :)

Hetzner booted us...

#12 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

Will you be guiding me through it? I have no idea how to use wireshark.

It looks like it will take me a month to understand any of this, 

#13 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

Will you be guiding me through it? I have no idea how to use wireshark.

There's documentation available.

#14 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

Classic Olaf  :rizla:

#15 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

There's documentation available.

And what makes you think that I'm willing to undertake this huge endeavor when I know that nothing on my side has changed.

There's a reason we posted it here on this forum and didn't just, let's say, go learning to becoming network analysts.

You should really work on your people skills and that includes understanding them.

#16 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

I'm having some issue since last FF update (about 8 days ago) only with forums type websites.

#17 TheNecrons

TheNecrons

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:17 PM

I didn't have problems when gaming, but sometimes it freezes in the Ladder.

#18 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:17 PM

And what makes you think that I'm willing to undertake this huge endeavor when I know that nothing on my side has changed.
There's a reason we posted it here on this forum and didn't just, let's say, go learning to becoming network analysts.
You should really work on your people skills and that includes understanding them.

So you're expecting me to do all the work because you're unwilling to do some yourself?

#19 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:34 PM

http://www.concise-courses.com/security/wireshark-basics/

this looks like a good start

#20 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:51 AM

So you're expecting me to do all the work because you're unwilling to do some yourself?

I merely posted the problem to say that the OP is not the only one with it. I have no interest in helping the staff, though I will help the players where I see fit.

Also, please do not spy on us : https://www.wireshark.org/lists/ethereal-dev/200110/msg00176.html

Edited by FReQuEnZy, 07 August 2014 - 10:53 PM.

#21 zzattack

zzattack

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5357 posts
  • XWIS Name: zzattack

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:49 PM

that was obviously for xgs you noobie martin

#22 Thrax

Thrax

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

This problem is not being caused by lag it is being caused by the latest NVIDIA 3D driver

That's the 3D driver that installs on your computer automatically on windows update, I have tried uninstalling it and roll back to a previous driver but neither work because NVIDIA have designed a new program to run with their driver, its called GeForce Experience and would be a green and black icon that would have appeared on your desktop the same time as this so called mysterious lag started, that icon is the shortcut to the new program that NVIDA released early August this year and is incompatible with early C&C games because their not 3D games, this leads to the game graphics running slowly, only some people would be having this problem that would be the people with GeForce graphics cards using NVIDIA drivers, for obvious reasons its not practical to reinstall windows and try to not install the 3D driver because it would be very difficult and time consuming. I would suggest someone from XWIS emails NVIDIA and reports the problem so that they can release a fix.

I have been trying to log in to this website for 3 weeks now to post this reply, I always get my password wrong so it takes me several attempts to log in by which time

I have been locked out, also I tried to copy and past all this from Microsoft office works word processor and couldn't because this site does not let you copy and past, in all this site is very user unfriendly.

You might like to have a look at my post NVIDA driver posted Aug 3rd 2014, I have tried unsuccessfully to post a link to it here but cant because this website will not let me post links to this website.

#23 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

I asked a few people if they were also experiencing some lag and they all said that it's been fine for them. 

When i'm on the forums, it takes a considerable amount of time for the page to load up. Sometimes it seems like it just freezes so i'll have to refresh the page. The same goes with the ladder.

When i'm on ra2, moving from lobby to games i'll normally get "Leaving Channel" and if I get kicked out of a game, it'll lag me out.  There was a few times now that I've been in a game waiting to start a 2v2 or something but it seems nothing is happening. I type but nobody responds so I have to cntrl alt dlt and restart. This happened a few times during my stream. 

This all started about a week ago.

Any idea what is causing all of this?

I should mention that no other website lags and no other game that I play has given me any problems.

This happening to me also last week or so. I thought it was my ISP  so idk 

Also Olaf I am not loading in games I made a topic also, any ideas?

Wireshark: bro i have no idea what this meanswireshrk.png . maybe I can give you capture file and you can pinpoint whats wrong at my end? Because last time when I was succesfully playin on xwis everything was same, only thing I changed my ISP. 

Edited by MrFrodo, 16 August 2014 - 09:07 PM.

#24 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:43 PM

Got another modem / router when you changed ISPs?

#25 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:52 PM

Got another modem / router when you changed ISPs?

Yes before it was DSL so it was modem+router(2in1). Now I have cable w/ modem and a belkin router. I check ports with pffcheck tool, all open. And my anti virus is Msft Security Essentials(which I've had since win7 came out) and windows firewall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users