59 replies to this topic

#51 TheNecrons

TheNecrons

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

What the name of the Dolphin's Weapon? I want to check on .ini files.

#52 TheNecrons

TheNecrons

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:23 AM

Found.

#53 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:00 PM

i've played that map numerous times and subs are so inferior that choosing a soviet side is considered suicide

I disagree entirely, i believe it depends entirely on the map layout. Naval battles depend upon where they happen and player ability. If near land soviets can use deso's, cannons, psychic sensors and yuri to overpower the allied fleet. In open water the speed and ability of dolphins can't be matched

Command and Conquer is about three main factors, land, sea and air to compare one without considering the other factors and using them to your advantage in the correct situation comes down to player ability.

#54 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:08 PM

I disagree entirely, i believe it depends entirely on the map layout. Naval battles depend upon where they happen and player ability. If near land soviets can use deso's, cannons, psychic sensors and yuri to overpower the allied fleet. In open water the speed and ability of dolphins can't be matched

Command and Conquer is about three main factors, land, sea and air to compare one without considering the other factors and using them to your advantage in the correct situation comes down to player ability.

The map in question is 95%+ water. It's impossible to do anything but a naval assault. 

#55 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:09 AM

Soviets own on that map :p

#56 Yak

Yak

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • XWIS Name: Yak

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

EDIT: Ok here's the mass subs vs mass dolphins scenario: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV5GbVi7pXI

this scenario makes no sense.

dolphins > subs because of the following :

1- it cost only 500$.

2- faster, could of destroy the naval yard within few seconds.

3- by destroying the naval yards you have - for sure - more dolphins = sea dominating.

but testing in such maps where you have unlimited cash (1# 500$ for dolphin gonna be useless since you have unlimited cash)

2# destroying naval yards would be useless also since you gonna make 10238109283109283 naval yards.

re-make this game in a map like depth charge / alaskan oil i bit allies would own 10-0

#57 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

this scenario makes no sense.

dolphins > subs because of the following :

1- it cost only 500$.
2- faster, could of destroy the naval yard within few seconds.
3- by destroying the naval yards you have - for sure - more dolphins = sea dominating.

but testing in such maps where you have unlimited cash (1# 500$ for dolphin gonna be useless since you have unlimited cash)
2# destroying naval yards would be useless also since you gonna make 10238109283109283 naval yards.

re-make this game in a map like depth charge / alaskan oil i bit allies would own 10-0

Well, you need a battlelab for dolphins, not for subs!

#58 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

If we're only comparing navy, soviets would win on these maps too. By the time you build your first dolphin, a soviet player should already have 5-6 submarines killing your naval yard. Destroyers are useless against subs if the soviet player builds a couple scorpions so dolphins are your only hope, but by the time you start buying them, the soviet should be controlling the water.

The problem is that soviets have to spend too much money on anti air against rocketeers (flack cannons, tracks, scorpions) slowing down sub production significantly. So rocketeers are the main reason allied navy seems superior :D

Edited by dsector, 15 August 2014 - 06:17 PM.

#59 BeHumble

BeHumble

Here & There

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2902 posts
  • XWIS Name: LooKaUFO

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

As an allied player, and actually any player should always want to control the water(increases your chances of winning - navy superiority). Anyways 3 dolphins is enough to start off and trample your enemies naval yard. The thing is, is the timing and quickness. There comes a balance & consistency(economy mainly) you have to maintain to build a navy and keep your production flowing!(production rate is a big part of this game) With that being said it would probably be the only disadvantage of a navy, and that is monetary wise. Sooner or later you're going to need an extra miner or so to support the navy which in turn takes more time which also puts you at a disadvantage. But Sovs are gay & OP. So my allied boys get your speed & acuity up ;) in spite of sovs being overpowered, I believe a great allied player can smash a great soviet. The mechanics & framework of the allied faction is pretty impressive. Mainly because the allied can do so many more things at a time than a soviet player can, therefore more work is put in which I think makes you a better well rounded player, and if your gameplay is done correctly it CAN put you at a speed/pressure advantage vs a soviet player(overwhelm him all at one time and keep it consistent). I feel almost as if you have to be creative at times, figuring out quick ways to get out or around certain situations. As Frank & I agree..the game is a lot like high speed chess haha.

Edited by BeHumble, 20 August 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#60 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • XWIS Name: djaningar

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:32 PM

If we're only comparing navy, soviets would win on these maps too. By the time you build your first dolphin, a soviet player should already have 5-6 submarines killing your naval yard. Destroyers are useless against subs if the soviet player builds a couple scorpions so dolphins are your only hope, but by the time you start buying them, the soviet should be controlling the water.

The problem is that soviets have to spend too much money on anti air against rocketeers (flack cannons, tracks, scorpions) slowing down sub production significantly. So rocketeers are the main reason allied navy seems superior :D

Exactly. On mayday for example, if u get quick navy and make subs... By the time they have dolphins, they will not be able to take the water. But destroyers on the other hand... they give subs a headache and half. Too much range

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users