29 replies to this topic

#1 TheFunk55

TheFunk55

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

I'm not sure who to contact about it but I was banned almost 10 years ago for d/c'ing and I've missed the game ever since! I decided to wait out my sentence and serve my time for awhile but now I want to ask for parole/probation. I'm a little older and a little wiser.

Any chance I could be re-instated or could someone advise how/who I would contact? Thanks!

#2 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

How many times had you been banned for? Less than 3 times?

then reinstall the game and play it

Downloads?

Tiberian Sun: http://xwis.net/downloads/Tiberian-Sun-Multiplayer.exe
Red Alert 2: http://xwis.net/downloads/Red-Alert-2-Multiplayer.exe
Yuri's Revenge: http://xwis.net/downloads/Yuris-Revenge-Multiplayer.exe

Good luck.

#3 TheFunk55

TheFunk55

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

I've re-installed because I've gotten new computers but the serial was banned so I think they need to reallow it that way. I'm not trying to be sneaky, just want to get back in and play and have waited a long time for it. So I appreciate any help.

#4 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

So your a perm banned player??

#5 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:37 PM

Now how do we know you deserve this?

Why don't you post a bit of your banned series so some one in charge can check it?

#6 TheFunk55

TheFunk55

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

Yeah, permanently banned because I think I probably mouthed off to an Admin or something (not smart, I know... but I was young!)

I don't know how to post anything of why I was banned but I'm sure they can probably track and verify it. I was one of those douches that would D/C when getting whooped but I would rather lose at this point and be able to play than not play at all.

So, I humbly ask and hope that I might be reinstated to the C&C online world.... which I hope says something since my friends are giving me a hard time about trying to get back into an "outdated" game but I love it.

#7 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:31 PM

2010 wasn't ten years ago. Where did you learn to count? :p

#8 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

2010 wasn't ten years ago. Where did you learn to count? :p

Lol :D

#9 TheFunk55

TheFunk55

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

Maybe it just feels like that long ago then, but I just thought I remembered the ban originally counting down from 30 years and it is around 7 now... so I rounded up.

And not sure how to say I deserve to be back, except I enjoy the game... classic wargame style. Even C&C Generals feels a little too updated for me... I like the tanks and Teslas.

#10 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:42 PM

Instead of making this silly topic you could have just purchased a new serial number and nobody would have cared or noticed.

You might be a little older and a little wiser, but you're not any better at hiding anything :D

#11 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

Why are we turning our backs on an extra player? Right now the game needs players more than anything. You can't judge a criminal for the rest of his life for a mistake he made years ago and served his time.

If it was up to me, he'd get unbanned, but monitored. Make sure he installs auto ss. 

There shouldn't be a "perm ban" rule to begin with. If they cheat, ban the serial. If they want to play again, let them pay out of their pocket for another serial... it's a win win. 

I rather play against someone who's going to rage and d.c then not have anyone to play against.

Edited by Edd, 20 July 2014 - 10:59 PM.

#12 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:09 PM

I agree there shouldn't be a perm ban. Just double ban times for every consecutive ban and start with like 3 days... 2nd ban 6 day, 3rd, 12.... 

#13 TheFunk55

TheFunk55

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:13 PM

Sure I could just purchase a new serial but then couldn't I just be the same d-bag I was before? I think we have enough politicians and rich a-holes in the world buying their way out of trouble. I decided to bite the bullet and wait to see if I can get back on here on my own.

As for installing anything to monitor me, that's no problem but I don't know much about it.

I agree Tourney Org that sentences should increase for repeat offenders. If I remember correctly I got perm banned more for mouthing off to the mod or admin that was banning me than for my actual d/c'ing but I'm ready to come back and join in if allowed to.

#14 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:19 PM

I agree there shouldn't be a perm ban. Just double ban times for every consecutive ban and start with like 3 days... 2nd ban 6 day, 3rd, 12....

This is similiar to an idea myself and josh have been discussing. The issue is no perm ban would mean there is no major detterant against cheating, which would probably result in more incidents, reports and more work for Staff. Personally i believe the only way this would work would be if auto SS was made mandatory.

Due to win8 compatibility issues that isnt an option.

#15 TheFunk55

TheFunk55

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:52 PM

Well, I'm not computer savvy enough to be cheater or use codes or anything but I was a bad sport and would d/c when losing, so that is what I will NOT be doing if I am reinstated.

I just need to know if I'm talking to the right people or who I need to contact. Thanks all for being involved though.

#16 N1geria

N1geria

Nigaz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • XWIS Name: N1geria

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:38 AM

Well, I'm not computer savvy enough to be cheater or use codes or anything but I was a bad sport and would d/c when losing, so that is what I will NOT be doing if I am reinstated. I just need to know if I'm talking to the right people or who I need to contact. Thanks all for being involved though.

LOL

#17 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:34 AM

Due to win8 compatibility issues that isnt an option.

The compatibility problem with tiberian sun has been resolved on ppmsite. Namely for the twisted insurrection (TS) mod.

Also how do you plan on making it mandatory? I can still install from a CD and play without anti-cheat.

#18 TheFunk55

TheFunk55

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:57 AM

Uh-oh, this thread is now getting off the rails and into patches and fixes.... I'm still wondering if anyone commenting can actually reinstatement me or let me know who I should be sending the request to? I would really appreciate and would be willing to do whatever is necessary to monitor so I can show I won't be a bad player.

#19 TheFunk55

TheFunk55

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:43 AM

OK well if anyone else comes across this thread and can help, please let me know. Otherwise I'll check in later and see if I can contact a moderator or Admin.

Appreciate the advice though. Hopefully I can get back on sometime! :)

#20 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts
  • XWIS Name: sean3z

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:26 PM

Sorry TheFunk55, at this time, permanent bans will not be lifted. However, given the recent activity levels and previous ban lengths, I do agree that some alternative compromise should be made.

#21 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:46 PM

I've re-installed because I've gotten new computers but the serial was banned so I think they need to reallow it that way. I'm not trying to be sneaky, just want to get back in and play and have waited a long time for it. So I appreciate any help.

Instead of making this silly topic you could have just purchased a new serial number and nobody would have cared or noticed.

You might be a little older and a little wiser, but you're not any better at hiding anything :D

Sure I could just purchase a new serial but then couldn't I just be the same d-bag I was before? I think we have enough politicians and rich a-holes in the world buying their way out of trouble. I decided to bite the bullet and wait to see if I can get back on here on my own.

As for installing anything to monitor me, that's no problem but I don't know much about it.

I agree Tourney Org that sentences should increase for repeat offenders. If I remember correctly I got perm banned more for mouthing off to the mod or admin that was banning me than for my actual d/c'ing but I'm ready to come back and join in if allowed to.

Sorry TheFunk55, at this time, permanent bans will not be lifted. However, given the recent activity levels and previous ban lengths, I do agree that some alternative compromise should be made.

And this is why people lie, cheat, and steal. Because honesty rarely gets you anywhere.

#22 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts
  • XWIS Name: sean3z

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

And this is why people lie, cheat, and steal. Because honesty rarely gets you anywhere.

I do totally sympathize, however the rules have already been determined.

At best we need a solid "fits-all" solution for current bans. I'm sure it's been recommended but, I really like the idea of a second chance after a certain length of time has passed. We all understand that people make young/dumb mistakes (myself included) and several years seems more than reasonable. Just my opinion but, as we all know, there's no shortage of these topics and the answer is always "no". :)

#23 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

I like seanz. Talks a lot of sense :D Just a shame it's not spelt the right way!

#24 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:39 PM

It would be extremely bad if honesty could get you out of any situation :)

#25 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:04 AM

I like seanz. Talks a lot of sense :D Just a shame it's not spelt the right way!

I feel the same way.

Also about the Shawn thing for both of you.  :pinch:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users