27 replies to this topic

#1 DryFeet

DryFeet

joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

I just used a waypoint from ifv to get a spy in against Olaf. Not only did he insta-quit, but he also sent me a specially tailored message which now appears when I log in: "Haven't you been warned before using such bug abuse? All bugs are 'part of the game'."

How am I supposed to know what constitutes bug abuse? If it's not allowed, why did the game designers make it possible? Am I in the wrong or is Olaf just crying because he knew he was beaten?

Discuss, Olaf your opinion is welcome too.

#2 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

its well known its considered bug abuse imo, but everyone does it

#3 DryFeet

DryFeet

joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

But who decides which controls are bug abuse and which aren't? It seems to me that they deliberately designed waypoints to work that way. It couldn't have happened by accident, right?

#4 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:32 PM

Just crying obviously..
Sigh, what kind of discussion do you expect when you start like this?

It couldn't have happened by accident, right?

Of course not, these games are known to be bug free.

#5 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:51 PM

How to do it? I want to learn.

#6 DryFeet

DryFeet

joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

Just crying obviously..Sigh, what kind of discussion do you expect when you start like this?Of course not, these games are known to be bug free.

How could I be crying? I won. Don't be silly.

I can think of 1 obvious bug in ra2 and yr, which i won't mention here (I'm sure you know what I mean). Other than that, how can you tell what's a bug and what isn't? Who decides?

#7 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:08 PM

Lol...

Someone mentioned it as a bug a while ago on the forums. No one has gotten banned for it though afaik.

Edited by Seke, 25 June 2014 - 10:09 PM.

#8 Enj0y

Enj0y

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • XWIS Name: Enj0y

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:34 PM

I didn't know it was a bug, I would be happy getting the message of a warning than a ban to be honest 

#9 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:46 PM

How could I be crying? I won. Don't be silly.I can think of 1 obvious bug in ra2 and yr, which i won't mention here (I'm sure you know what I mean). Other than that, how can you tell what's a bug and what isn't? Who decides?

Perhaps he was admitting he was just sore. You asked 'just crying?' He responded just crying. Seems clear. We've all had regrettable moments, yes?

#10 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:53 PM

Perhaps he was admitting he was just sore. You asked 'just crying?' He responded just crying. Seems clear. We've all had regrettable moments, yes?

...In the same post he clearly responded facetiously to another comment. I don't think it's clear at all.

My two cents: I don't consider it a bug.

Edited by Seke, 25 June 2014 - 10:54 PM.

#11 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:33 AM

I just used a waypoint from ifv to get a spy in against Olaf. Not only did he insta-quit, but he also sent me a specially tailored message which now appears when I log in: "Haven't you been warned before using such bug abuse? All bugs are 'part of the game'."

How am I supposed to know what constitutes bug abuse? If it's not allowed, why did the game designers make it possible? Am I in the wrong or is Olaf just crying because he knew he was beaten?

Discuss, Olaf your opinion is welcome too.

I don't know if it should be considered a bannable bug or not but here's my 2 cents.  

The game designers didn't exactly let you waypoint into an ifv and a building.  There's a "trick" to waypoint Engies+Spies into IFV to directly capture/infiltrate a building. So you're messing with what they intended for, that's considered a 'bug'.  It's the same thing as deploying desos on the bridge. It's a bug and even though you can do it, the game designers didn't intend for a deso to hide under a bridge while deployed.  Hell, you can even spy your own lab and im pretty sure that wasn't intended. 

IMO, sometimes bugs/glitches make games more challenging and skillful, other times it makes it easier. In Halo 2, there was glitches that only really skilled players could pull off consistently. When Halo 3 came out, people hated that those glitches were removed. 

With ra2 though, that's not the case. Seems like some of those bugs, if abused, can almost be like cheating. 

Edited by Edd, 26 June 2014 - 02:35 AM.

#12 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:09 AM

Mw3 when that cAme out you could glitch into a wall and it would take you underground and you could shoot the players on the ground lol. You'd get banned for bug /glitch abuse there :)

#13 Peachy

Peachy

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:04 AM

Is it bug abuse if u waypoint not clicking on the warfac but clicking on the ground that is about an inch away from the war factory?

#14 tbiol

tbiol

Captain

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • XWIS Name: tbiol

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:47 AM

I think the original stigma with waypointing units out of either an IFV or a flak trak came with map hackers who would engineer rush.  Going to Game Spy and being able to determine that a unit exited the vehicle, however, that unit never achieved a "wait" status.  It went directly to "move" which could have revealed that a map hack was in use, because a player would have had to scout in order to achieve this.

The use of waypoints on spies never really achieve this status, because i most every case, the opponents base would have been scouted by this time.  

And while waypointed units are surely a pain in the ass.  If it is considered a bug abuse, there are quite a few people who would have to change their ways.

#15 DrVanNostrand

DrVanNostrand

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5114 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

I dont see why a message is a big deal ?
Ban would have been absurd.

#16 oldcarp

oldcarp

Bring back YR!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:46 PM

If it was me I would just kill the spy and move on.

#17 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

I would much rather get waypoint spied even if it's a bug, than engi rushed by the likes of Olaf.

#18 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

+1

but i guess whatever olaf does/says/thinks is correct, if you do not share the same thoughts as him be sure he will get offended.

#19 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

I guess I should give you 1 or 2 warning points for that? :p

#20 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

If it's not allowed, why did the game designers make it possible?

They didn't specifically make it possible, bugs are errors or inconsistencies that appear due to imperfect code inside of the game.

Meaning not all possible outcomes or abuse was thought of during the game's development and it's features.

If the way-point system was meant to be used in such a manner that allowed players to way-point a unit into a transport and then specify a target on the unit's departure from the transport, then the way-point system would simply allow you to select the unit, order it to go into the transport and then click on a target, to attack, capture or infiltrate, but that's not possible.

Instead the way-point path is terminated after giving the order to board a transport and no future orders are allowed, unless you find a glitch to abuse to allow you to give the way-pointed unit additional orders. Which is what you are doing.

Edited by FReQuEnZy, 26 June 2014 - 10:08 PM.

#21 Inego

Inego

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • XWIS Name: IneGo

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:33 PM

deso Under bridge = bug

engi/spy waypoint in mobile units  = normal part of game

#22 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:44 PM

I guess I should give you 1 or 2 warning points for that? :p

atleast 2 man, and dont forget to warn dsector aswell :thumbup:

#23 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:09 PM

engi/spy waypoint in mobile units = normal part of game

Into the transport yes, but not out of them. That's bug abuse or more precisely glitch abuse.

#24 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:26 PM

atleast 2 man, and dont forget to warn dsector aswell :thumbup:

:fear:

269.png

#25 Showtime

Showtime