Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:10 PM

Hi everyone,

A long time ago now I posted a thread about the TS blog I set up, and asked if anyone wanted to contribute / help. Unfortunately, the response was pretty much zero. So here I am again, posting the same question to you all, to see if anyone on here would like to help contribute in one way shape or form.

What is it?
www.cnctiberiansun.wordpress.com is a blog dedicated to Tiberian Sun. It was set up to:

1. Boost search traffic for TS-related keywords
  2. Help people get online with TS
  3. Give new players tips and advice on how to improve

So how is it doing?
It's doing ok actually... remarkably so when you consider that I've barely touched it in over a year now. Check out this screenshot of stats taken today:

tsblog.png

Obviously the last few days have been a little busier than normal as I posted about the blog over on 'the other place', but as you can see there is a steady stream of traffic. Typically, this blog will lead to 1-2 downloads of Tiberian Sun per day. Users will also typically either come to here, or to the 'other place'. I am sure you will agree, that is pretty good going!

So what do I need?
Well as you can see, the theme is just a standard wordpress theme, which is rather lacking and not very 'ts-related'. If anyone would like to design a wordpress theme for me, that would be really appreciated. 

I also need contributors. Now I'm not necessarily just looking for the 'top players' to write, and you don't even have to do this on your own. You're not even obliged to write regularly, though if you do think you might like to contribute on a regular basis I'd love to hear from you. Content really is down to you. I can set you up as an official 'author', or I can post text on your behalf if you'd prefer. Content would be vetted by me (proofed, and checked for not being inflamatory), and would then go 'live'. Hopefully this would then stir up comment discussion which in turn would help raise the blog's profile. The higher the profile, the more people downloading Tiberian Sun, the more people playing the game you all love!

So what sort of content do you want?
Content can be anything related to TS or the TS community. This could include:

• Tactics discussions
  • Written video analysis
  • Map making tutorials
  • Memories from ton2 days
  • Community discussion
  • Thoughts on the future of TS
  • Tips and tricks
  • Build orders

I'm also keen to resurrect my player 'spotlight' feature. It's very simple: simply answer a couple of questions, and provide a few screenshots, and you will get your very own 'claim to fame' on the TS blog. To see the spotlight I put together with Mike aka 'FakeMammy', visit here: http://cnctiberiansun.wordpress.com/2012/10/19/player-spotlight-miketehmaster/

I'd like to get involved... what now?
If after reading this post you think you might be able to help, or you just want to find out more, please send me a PM! I work quite a lot, but I will do my very best to reply as soon as I can. 

Thanks,

Mike

#2 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:28 AM

Sorry for the lack of interest, i'm not a TS player.

Looks like the few remaining carnivores playing this game are only good with making non-sens topics in fair play forum.

#3 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:00 AM

Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately you're right, and it's been like this for years. Everyone is quick to moan, yet none of these people ever contribute...

#4 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:07 AM

Good luck mole!

#5 Casablanca

Casablanca

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • XWIS Name: fgj

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

Maybe a player bio of sorts? go through their history/accomplishments, maybe talk about present day, what they do in life now etc

Might be a tad more interesting to see how people have evolved over the years.... its easy to tell a new player how to play/what to do, but its impossible to teach 15 years of experience

#6 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

So what sort of content do you want?
Content can be anything related to TS or the TS community. This could include:

• Tactics discussions
  • Tips and tricks
  • Build orders

That^ but verbal, not written (I don't like reading too much). Also, commentary on online matches - only TWO(2) people in the history of TS (that I know of anyway) has done commentary of online matches: Sebastian (ItsMeSeb I think his forum name was) and Freitag (the guy who got banned for creating and posting cheats). So basically I'm asking you to convert your blog into a YouTube channel :p

Edited by fir3w0rx, 12 June 2014 - 03:25 PM.

#7 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

@ Wuss -- yeah, that was basically the idea with the 'player spotlight'. When I launched it a couple of years ago, Mike was the only one who contributed, but I'm more than happy to resurrect the idea, as I think it's also a good way of sharing ts 'history' with newer players.

If anyone wants to add their own bio / player spotlight, please message me!

#8 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:20 PM

Maybe a player bio of sorts? go through their history/accomplishments, maybe talk about present day, what they do in life now etc

Might be a tad more interesting to see how people have evolved over the years.... its easy to tell a new player how to play/what to do, but its impossible to teach 15 years of experience

VVhy 4re you more intere5ted in 5pre4ding your T5 glory r4ther then helping the community / nevv pl4yer5?

Pl4yer bio5 4re not th4t helpful to 4nyone. Not like you're 4 vvorld vvide knovvn pro...

Edited by FReQuEnZy, 12 June 2014 - 10:21 PM.

#9 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:20 AM

To respond to some of your points...

• I would say it's not about 'spreading TS glory' -- it's about getting people reading the blog, and keeping people interested in TS. Personally, I think player bios are a good idea. And it doesn't just have to be 'pros' either -- I will do spotlights for ANY player who will contribute. I will even do one for Nodrescue if he wants one. (I will of course vet all submissions as I'm not going to start another TS flame war on my blog).
  • Wuss is known as a 'pro'. There is no debate here.
  • The problem I've had with all of these blogs, and guides that I've done over the years is that most of the newer players, or long-time players who have low skill levels is that they don't always want to learn, or admit that they have things to learn. The challenge really is trying to put 'learning' in a positive light. It's not about 'I'm good at TS and you're bad at TS' -- I want to make the whole thing a positive experience so people can choose to get better.

@f1rew0rx -- As much as I'd love to, the whole point of this thread is that I simply don't have the time (or indeed the motivation) to do these things. I have a full-time professional job, and in my spare time, I'm reading for a Masters degree. I'm currently mid-way through a 15,000 word dissertation, and if I'm honest, I haven't played TS in a rather long time (thought I did play on the 'other place' for a few games the other day :p) It would be nice if other people could contribute in some small way to help me.  

#10 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

UPDATE:

Many thanks to TRZ for submitting his player spotlight, which can be found here:

http://cnctiberiansun.wordpress.com/2014/06/22/player-spotlight-trz/

If you also want to feature on the TS blog, please message me. :-)

#11 Casablanca

Casablanca

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • XWIS Name: fgj

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:28 AM

Im home most days during the week (work early mornings) so shoot me a few questions id be down to answer stuff

#12 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:10 AM

Well if you like you can take trz's as a template and write answers based on the headings. Feel free to expand though. I also need some SS if you have some you can provide.

Note: this is open to all ts players, so if you want to take part, do get in touch.

#13 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:40 AM

Many thanks to Wuss for his Spotlight feature.

http://cnctiberiansun.wordpress.com/2014/06/28/player-spotlight-wuss/

Feel free to post comments and ask questions on the blog. That's what it's there for after all!

I'm also looking for tactics discussions, or 'opinion' pieces on TS if you are happy to write one. Would prefer text that isn't in 'net' speak if possible, but I'm sure we can sort something out if you message me! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users