89 replies to this topic

#51 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

You're all the worst idiots ever, find another map to diss. Go play DC uprising or something vs easy bots and leave my fucking map alone.

so cute, butthurt kid <3

instead of ignoring my comments because you know im completely correct, you could take a hint from it and might remake the map so its playable for 1v1 qm.

its only a map, jesus. and you seem to get all upset over some comments and dislikes,

anyways back on topic, what about having the path traveled by in qm? any chances?

#52 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:40 PM

Yes we can try it out, seems well enough supported I'm this topic. I'll look to add it along with Pirate Bay in the next few days.

I do think a path has low level graphics tho. I've been reluctant to add it bc it resembles top dogs challenge (in appearance) more than a proper qm map.

#53 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

instead of ignoring my comments because you know im completely correct, you could take a hint from it and might remake the map so its playable for 1v1 qm.

its only a map, jesus. and you seem to get all upset over some comments and dislikes,

My view on you is that you're some over glorified QM player who still plays soviets in 2014 and thinks he's a good intelligent player when all he can do is spam factories and rhinos.

Basically I can tell that you have a low amount of creativity and can't really analyize or get out of your mental box. So I don't belive and acknowledge any of your comments or more precicely direct insults at some one else's views and creativity.

It's not JUST a map, it's a map that I've put all my map making and gameplay experience into. It's a hard map that requires speed, creativity and reaction to win, not just to spam tanks and hold choke points every now and again. It's a true war map. I've reached the conclusion that everyone is just too used to the old ra2 play style and maps, to enjoy anything new and different.

Edited by FReQuEnZy, 20 June 2014 - 09:17 PM.

#54 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:26 PM

You're all the worst idiots ever, find another map to diss. Go play DC uprising or something vs easy bots and leave my fucking map alone.

Sw33T Y0u c4n le4rn 4l0t fr0m My m4p O4515 Tr0ubL3, it's tiny, 5h1ny & m4d3 f0r QM.

Sm4LL 0re/g3ms p4tch3s th4t pu5h pL4y3rs t0 m0ve 1n 2-3mins t0 Th3 cLiff gems (2 p055ib1l1t1es), 4t l4te g4m3 Th3y n33d t0 f1ght f0r the m1d 0re, 5uch th1ng k33p Th3 act1on and br34k The r0utine y0u've M5de 1n y0uR 45 kmĀ² m4p (a cLiffy V3r510n of CS, ma55 WF t0 w1n).

Al50 y0u st1LL can l1stT3n pR0 m4p m4k3rs aDv1c3s (l1k3 m3) 1f y0u waNNa r3m4ke y0urS t0 a pl4yable v3Rs10n.

:rizla:

#55 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

tbh Aladin, the ore distribution on Oasis Trouble is also an issue. The map layout suggests a Snow Valley style game, but the patches being too small and distantly separated tend to produce sell rushes and shorter games in general.

I knew this could be an issue, but I wanted to give it a fair trial in QM given the obvious work you put into it. I'm not saying it should be removed, but from my own experience and the accounts of others, the map could stand some revision. 

#56 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:56 PM

My view on you is that you're some over glorified QM player who still plays soviets in 2014 and thinks he's a good intelligent player when all he can do is spam factories and rhinos.

Basically I can tell that you have a low amount of creativity and can't really analyize or get out of your mental box. So I don't belive and acknowledge any of your comments or more precicely direct insults at some one else's views and creativity.

It's not JUST a map, it's a map that I've put all my map making and gameplay experience into. It's a hard map that requires speed, creativity and reaction to win, not just to spam tanks and hold choke points every now and again. It's a true war map. I've reached the conclusion that everyone is just too used to the old ra2 play style and maps, to enjoy anything new and different.

as first, you sound pretty jelaous. as second, you sound pretty retarded.

you talk about spaming factories and rhinos while alaskan outback is NOTHING BUT THAT. there are no neutrals to fight for, or naval usage, or any other strategies to use.

the map requries speed and creativity and reaction to win? thats 3x facepalm. you just send randomly tanks around the map in hope that your opponent doesnt see it because the map is so large, where does the speed and reaction come into game? might be your brain that works so slow, otherwise i really dont know.

p.s. i know its not JUST a map, its the WORST map ever

#57 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:06 PM

tbh Aladin, the ore distribution on Oasis Trouble is also an issue. The map layout suggests a Snow Valley style game, but the patches being too small and distantly separated tend to produce sell rushes and shorter games in general.

I knew this could be an issue, but I wanted to give it a fair trial in QM given the obvious work you put into it. I'm not saying it should be removed, but from my own experience and the accounts of others, the map could stand some revision. 

You can remove it if you want, however if i remember well i followed all your advices but i don't think you mentioned the ore distribution as an issue.

Also the main idea i've came with before starting FA is that the map i'm going to make need to be 4-5 mins max but with the best A vs S balance possible, so no time for heavy tech army/ SW (50% chance sux anyway).

Edited by Aladin, 20 June 2014 - 11:31 PM.

#58 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:55 PM

Alaskan Outback is a good map BECAUSE it is different than all the other maps, not vice versa. 

#59 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:56 PM

@Aladin: you did revise it before it was released, as you might recall ore and gems were boosted on the secondary plateaus, as well as another ore patch being added along the top and bottom. 

I don't want to remove it, nor has anyone else suggested to me that it should be removed. I think its a cool map, and the artwork is fantastic. I'm only suggesting the ore patches be adjusted slightly, after having gathered results from the QM trial. It's not meant to offend you, all of my maps were revised time and time again as the gameplay on them evolved. 

#60 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:55 AM

@Aladin: you did revise it before it was released, as you might recall ore and gems were boosted on the secondary plateaus, as well as another ore patch being added along the top and bottom. 

I don't want to remove it, nor has anyone else suggested to me that it should be removed. I think its a cool map, and the artwork is fantastic. I'm only suggesting the ore patches be adjusted slightly, after having gathered results from the QM trial. It's not meant to offend you, all of my maps were revised time and time again as the gameplay on them evolved. 

Ok np i can try to adjust it, never took your opinion as offence :)

Edited by Aladin, 21 June 2014 - 01:56 AM.

#61 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:14 AM

Aladin I've been making maps since 2003-04, before I even played online...

It is long due to revision, due to erroneous cliffs I told him to fix before QM trials to which he said "I CBA". Imo the map needs slight layout changes to allow for easier build orders, mainly to expand to additional ore that would allow players to also play defensively due to the structure of the map. The small ore patch sizes how ever are good for a map of it's size with so many choke points. It's more about micro managing small unit groups then massing one big group of tanks, dogs, flak and deso.

as first, you sound pretty jelaous. as second, you sound pretty retarded.

you talk about spaming factories and rhinos while alaskan outback is NOTHING BUT THAT. there are no neutrals to fight for, or naval usage, or any other strategies to use.

the map requries speed and creativity and reaction to win? thats 3x facepalm. you just send randomly tanks around the map in hope that your opponent doesnt see it because the map is so large, where does the speed and reaction come into game? might be your brain that works so slow, otherwise i really dont know.

p.s. i know its not JUST a map, its the WORST map ever

It's not jealousy it's what everyone, including yourself seems to think about you.. It was sarcasm, but I'm guessing you can't process that.

Spamming rhinos and factories in a game where people are playing factions other then Iraq is not going to work, you can try.

Actually you send tanks around the map hoping your opponent sees one tank group but not the other 3 you're shuffling between and constantly harassing him with, ohh but I forgot you're a sov nub who likes one big massive army of tanks, which you aimlessly click move to your opponent's base.

That's your opinion on the map, nothing wrong with the map.

Alaskan Outback is a good map BECAUSE it is different than all the other maps, not vice versa. 

Seems like it's bad for QM, because of variety. I recall the hate started when top players found it difficult to play vs other top players. Losing games on a challenging map is not pleasant after all.

In general the map is made the way it is because of just a few reasons.

1. I'm tired of QM maps with starting gems and tons of cash in 3-4 minutes.

2. There were no real long game maps in QM / RA2, besides Arctic Circle, Malibu cliffs, Depth Charge.

3. I wanted to apply all my map making experience into one map and see how it plays like in game.

( Personally I find games on Alaskan outback interesting, but I've had many mixed opinions from players of varying skill levels ).

all of my maps were revised time and time again as the game play on them evolved. 

You've done a pretty good job on your maps.

Some of the maps in the patch however should be changed a bit, as the starting game is mostly the same on them. ( starting gems, large ore patch, fast warfs or tech and relax. )

#62 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:27 AM

i like josh's maps, what would u have him change?

woudl like a big 2v2 map maybe jus not as big as alaskan... also would want it to be even distances from TvT positions and LvL positions (square) ... rhombahedral would be ok to

#63 tRiPPy

tRiPPy

cool

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2469 posts
  • XWIS Name: tRipPy

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:31 AM

Alaskan outback is far too big for 1v1 but for people like frequency who can do 6 way splits I can see the reason a small minority would like it left in qm. :mellow: 

#64 lmworried

lmworried

Korean Warlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

Beyond fixable

#65 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:42 PM

It's not jealousy it's what everyone, including yourself seems to think about you.. It was sarcasm, but I'm guessing you can't process that.

Spamming rhinos and factories in a game where people are playing factions other then Iraq is not going to work, you can try.

Actually you send tanks around the map hoping your opponent sees one tank group but not the other 3 you're shuffling between and constantly harassing him with, ohh but I forgot you're a sov nub who likes one big massive army of tanks, which you aimlessly click move to your opponent's base.

That's your opinion on the map, nothing wrong with the map.

you obviously have no clue about this game, that explains why you've never achieved any skilllevel on this game. also seems like you've never played me or just randomly troll what you're known for.

it might be my opinion, but also against your opinion.

considering im a way better player than u, and got way more gaming experience, my opinion > yours. might sounds arrogant and ignorant to you, but if you think twice about it, you actually will realise that you're being ignorant.

#66 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

btw loving how you still havent answered where the speed and reaction comes into game on alaskan outback, but rather came up with the good old allieds and sovs story when you dont know what to say.

lets just change the subject and throw some random comments/"sarcasm" like my achievements on ra2, rather then being constructive and trying to respond to my negative points to your map.

it would be like saying; hey guy your map sucks just as much as your forum, you get me? just to the difference that this would be the truth ^

Alaskan outback is far too big for 1v1 but for people like frequency who can do 6 way splits I can see the reason a small minority would like it left in qm. :mellow:

dats my man, <3 u kiwiboy :cool2:

#67 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

Well it's more then obvious that you can't use your brain at this point.

Aggressive strategies, macro management for base construction, economy and production requires reactions with good speed. I would have expected a self glorified "Mr.Rank1" to catch on to something like that, guess not. You lost to my Allied with your Soviets, so I hope you don't lose too much sleep at night.

#68 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

you seem pretty obsessed with me being mr. rank 1.

i really dont know what to respond, because im quite unsure if you're seriously that retarded or once again just trolling.

anyways, im gonna save our boths time and just put you again on ignore.

#69 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:15 PM

Haha so much hostility over a map! The map clearly required a lot of effort to make and can offer some nice games on it but most people prefer quicker games, that's all. Also, I think it favors the allied faction since there's lots of cliffs for rookies to fly over and because of the allied oil purifier, spy satellite, prism tanks, mirage tanks (map is full of trees) and miner teleportation ability. I can see why soviet players in particular would think it's a bad map. Even SvS is hard to play unless you buy 5-6 dogs to scout the map.

Perhaps try a similar version of the map but smaller in size and with a couple neutral buildings to build off of. You have to give the masses what they want :p

#70 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:08 PM

Haha so much hostility over a map! The map clearly required a lot of effort to make and can offer some nice games on it but most people prefer quicker games, that's all. Also, I think it favors the allied faction since there's lots of cliffs for rookies to fly over and because of the allied oil purifier, spy satellite, prism tanks, mirage tanks (map is full of trees) and miner teleportation ability. I can see why soviet players in particular would think it's a bad map. Even SvS is hard to play unless you buy 5-6 dogs to scout the map.

Perhaps try a similar version of the map but smaller in size and with a couple neutral buildings to build off of. You have to give the masses what they want :p

Personally i think the idea behind the alaskan outback is great, a large scale map is something different bring's a twist to the game, the issue i believe is the small ore fields and the infrastructure of the map, the size of the map bring's about slower gameplay, this is also hindered by the fact the map is also mabye a little to plain, there's no tech's no major advantageous area's etc, nothing to fight for, nothing to force combat. Any map should realistically have the ability to execute some form of early combat. Alaskan outback currently doesnt offer this. 

That being said however, i believe with some work the map could become much more favourable.

Also the fact it is a Standard map is beyond belief. It should at the very least, be non-standard.

#71 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

Alaskan Outback was a difficult map to create and is one which does offer a different style of game.

I set it to standard like I try to with all maps a member of our community conscientiously creates.

Before it was released the map underwent several revisions and top players such as Marko (sovs) and Marsh (allieds) deemed it reasonable for non mirrored qm matches.

I myself found the likelihood of general acceptance unlikely, and personally do not enjoy the gameplay there, but still find giving it a qm trial reasonable.

People who have not made elaborate, well-detailed maps cannot appreciate the sheer amount of time and dedication it takes to create such maps- nor do they realize standard qm activation is _the only_ way to get a map off the ground.

It is semetrical, allows for ground based (main form) of attacks and had most of the cliff surfaces made unusable by paradrop. There are no anomalies in comparison to standard qm map parameters beyond its gigantic size. Therefore it was run in the qm.

The player base has clearly spoken, but the map deserved a fair length trial.

It will be set to non-standard in the coming update (this week), but everyone should consider that all qm maps are given thought by myself and the opinion of pro players before they are added.

It's not the end of the world to find a map you dislike, and if there is sufficient support, it will be removed.

Alaskan Outback remains a beautiful map which requires some unique gameplay (as all qm maps should). Yes the qm is meant for competitive play, but still keep in mind that maps are both technical and artistic. Martin deserves more credit and respect than most have given him for this work.

#72 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

Thank you for the support, I'll try to give it a fair revision based on the logical criticism that was given here.

#73 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:45 PM

Alaskan Outback was a difficult map to create and is one which does offer a different style of game.

I set it to standard like I try to with all maps a member of our community conscientiously creates.

Before it was released the map underwent several revisions and top players such as Marko (sovs) and Marsh (allieds) deemed it reasonable for non mirrored qm matches.

I myself found the likelihood of general acceptance unlikely, and personally do not enjoy the gameplay there, but still find giving it a qm trial reasonable.

People who have not made elaborate, well-detailed maps cannot appreciate the sheer amount of time and dedication it takes to create such maps- nor do they realize standard qm activation is _the only_ way to get a map off the ground.

It is semetrical, allows for ground based (main form) of attacks and had most of the cliff surfaces made unusable by paradrop. There are no anomalies in comparison to standard qm map parameters beyond its gigantic size. Therefore it was run in the qm.

The player base has clearly spoken, but the map deserved a fair length trial.

It will be set to non-standard in the coming update (this week), but everyone should consider that all qm maps are given thought by myself and the opinion of pro players before they are added.

It's not the end of the world to find a map you dislike, and if there is sufficient support, it will be removed.

Alaskan Outback remains a beautiful map which requires some unique gameplay (as all qm maps should). Yes the qm is meant for competitive play, but still keep in mind that maps are both technical and artistic. Martin deserves more credit and respect than most have given him for this work.

its hard to give credit and respect to someone who has been trolling and random trashtalking you for years, cant take simple comments/critism for a map.

anyways, thanks for the update. im excited what else is gonna change/happen :)

#74 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:40 AM

Alaskan ore patches are too small. As a result players are forced to move/build a new refinery every second minute; this restricts build strategies and largely dictates the gameplay as well.

Not too small for Tomi it seems...

might be able to "split", but who cares when u got 20k all the time anyways and got 2 hours to react to a "split".

almost uninstalled the game today after playing on alaskan outback.

your map is bullcrap.

Alaskan outback is the worst map ever.

Beyond fixable

i know its not JUST a map, its the WORST map ever

cant take simple comments/critism for a map.

not meaning to sound rude or anything,

Aww, I'll just put it down to an arrogance and attention seeking problem then.
Look at all that "simple criticism".

Ohh but your best point yet...

not every map has to be perfect, but be various and different.

#75 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:04 AM

Alaskan Outback is not my favorite and tbh a bit to big for my reso but sowhat? its still a cool map wich requires alot of mcv movement... a bit map variety after 14 years aint so bad i think!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users