Photo

Hi Res on XWIS Download

Best Answer AcEaiR00, 25 April 2014 - 11:30 PM

I would like to take this moment to Thank ZiGZaG. He went above and beyond to help me fix my problem. over an hour later he finally figured it out. The refresh rate on my monitor was set to 30Hz instead of 60Hz. 

ZiGZaG I really do appreciate all the time you put in to help me make this work, especially it being a Friday night over there in the U.K.for you. Enjoy your weekend and thank you once again! :D :D :D ;D

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 AcEaiR00

AcEaiR00

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • XWIS Name: AcEaiR00

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:25 AM

Hello everyone, I am using the free download from Xwis for Yuri's. When I have my resolution above 1360 x 768 I get an error when I try to open the game and it will not open until I switch back to 1360 x 768... any ideas?

#2 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:36 AM

What's the displayed message?

#3 AcEaiR00

AcEaiR00

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:46 PM

The resolution I am trying to set it on is 1768 x 992

The error meeage I get is "Error- Unable to set the video mode" then I click ok and change my resolution back and it starts right up.

#4 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

In reply to your Pm 17:00 CST tommorow is fine, i can assist you with resolving your issue then. Add me on skype, my skype is cnczigzag

#5 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

The resolution I am trying to set it on is 1768 x 992

That's a weird one. Are you sure it's a valid one?

#6 AcEaiR00

AcEaiR00

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

Yes I thought it was odd too. It may be because I am using a 19" off brand television as my monitor and that is the only one that didn't stretch passed the boarders. I double checked before posting that it was the correct reso. This may be a dumb question, but is it possible to change a T.V.s reso so I can use a more common resolution through the comp?

In reply to your Pm 17:00 CST tommorow is fine, i can assist you with resolving your issue then. Add me on skype, my skype is cnczigzag

And thanks ZigZag, I will download skype tonight and I will get in touch with you about my username on there.

#7 AcEaiR00

AcEaiR00

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:30 PM   Best Answer

I would like to take this moment to Thank ZiGZaG. He went above and beyond to help me fix my problem. over an hour later he finally figured it out. The refresh rate on my monitor was set to 30Hz instead of 60Hz. 

ZiGZaG I really do appreciate all the time you put in to help me make this work, especially it being a Friday night over there in the U.K.for you. Enjoy your weekend and thank you once again! :D :D :D ;D

Edited by AcEaiR00, 25 April 2014 - 11:30 PM.

#8 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

No problem mate. 

I searched XWIS and google for the answer and found nothing the EA and origin forums couldnt even resolve the problem for other's  :( that's why i took so long but at least its sorted. Have fun

#9 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:03 AM

Nice work, Jason :)

#10 AcEaiR00

AcEaiR00

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

Ok, there is problem. here is what is happening. I use the Xwis downloads to play. I can use the resolution 1768 x 992 and 1920 x 1080 (even though this one stretches to far passed screen) on skirmish no problem. I can also use those resolutions online ONLY IF I HOST. When I try to join someone else's game it says the following message.  [/URL]">http://ResoPRoblem_zps040eef49.jpg

Although it says i need to switch to 640 x 480, it will let me switch back to 1024 x 768 and rejoin

#11 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

Sigh... Lol monday 17:00 CST?

#12 AcEaiR00

AcEaiR00

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

Sigh... Lol monday 17:00 CST?

lol, works for me. could be earlier, I have a dentist appointment so I will be out of work early. I will shoot you a message when I am home.

But.... make sure its not an issue with the free download first, because a few people I came across on yuris said they have the same problem when trying to join a game with higher reso.

#13 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:29 PM

welldone jason!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users