7 replies to this topic

#1 ImJordan

ImJordan

The Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

Trying to figure out if I'm allowed to use the new patch in ranked matches with all of the features enabled. I downloaded it for the extra maps and auto ss but notice it has some extra features like. A red arrow or something similiar over defense weapons which makes it hard to hide defense weapons as well as the interesting: http://xwis.net/ra2/screenshots/4633589/

Which i don't think that enhancement is really a advantage at all. Reason I'm even asking about this is I'm looking through all the screenshots from people and see none of the features in it.... are their 2 patches? Is one not allowed to be used for ranked for the reason i mentioned above?

Let me know

#2 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13496 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:28 AM

as well as the interesting: http://xwis.net/ra2/screenshots/4633589/

What interesting?
I don't see the red arrow on your screenshot.

#3 ImJordan

ImJordan

The Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:54 AM

Wasn't in that screenshot never took an ss of it.... I've seen it 4 times.... I'll try and get a game and see if it shows up it happens when someone builds one and you are watching it.

Edit: the interesting was the enhanced green/red build box no one is using it in the matches :)

Olaf the feature is called hidden unit markers... it also works for defense weapons tho it's only when its hidden. if i can get a game with someone ill have them do it to get an ss of it to show you.... bigger question is do i have anything to worry about playing 2 ranked games using it before i knew about it :p

Attached Thumbnails

• ssforolaf.PNG

Edited by ImJordan, 03 April 2014 - 07:54 AM.

#4 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13496 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

Isn't it "See Hidden Objects" in Options? Has always been there, but is disabled by default.
The "build box" isn't there by default, what patch did you install?

#5 ImJordan

ImJordan

The Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:42 AM

Olaf, I installed the "unofficial patch version 1.6.8." I was told that was the patch I needed for auto SS because it is no longer in the downloads section on xwis.

Attached is all pillboxes some hidden take a look at what it does.... it does the same on enemy bases.... first time I've ever seen a sentry or flak cannon highlighted on enemy base. Defeats the purpose of hiding.

Attached Thumbnails

• ssforolaf2.png

Edited by ImJordan, 03 April 2014 - 08:46 AM.

#6 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13496 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:07 AM

The update is included in Red Alert 2: http://xwis.net/downloads/Red-Alert-2-Multiplayer.exe which might be easier to install than the stand-alone update. Who told you to use the unofficial patch?
The red markers should be fine.

#7 ImJordan

ImJordan

The Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

The update is included in Red Alert 2: http://xwis.net/downloads/Red-Alert-2-Multiplayer.exe which might be easier to install than the stand-alone update. Who told you to use the unofficial patch?
The red markers should be fine.

Alright Boss, Thanks for your response ;)

Towards who recommended me downloading that.. about 4 people in the lobby + I have seen a thread on here about it. I do not remember the nicks to be honest. Let me know if something changes & for future I know to download your multiplayer .exe instead of using my disc.

Edited by ImJordan, 03 April 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#8 zzattack

zzattack

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5357 posts
  • XWIS Name: zzattack

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

Who told you to use the unofficial patch?

20 bucks says martin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users