11 replies to this topic

#1 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/168665-tiberian-sun-readme-first/?p=1445283

Grant has mentioned this link: http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/13529-the-tiberian-sun-installation-pack/ which will take you here to download the best installer out there http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=41

Handy Links. (New Tiberian Sun Forum Users/Players Look Here)

FAQ:
Tiberian Sun Ports

Where to download Tiberian Sun?
There are three versions of Tiberian Sun you can download. A version from the official C&C site (which is not recommended due to a few bugs)

The following versions are recommended:
Tiberian Sun MultiPlayer Only (Created by Olaf van der Spekhttp://xwis.net/downloads/Tiberian-Sun-Multiplayer.exe
It has Skirmish and Internet Play only. (No missions) 

The next version isn't officially supported by XWIS. It includes missions and online play. http://forums.cncnz.com/index.php?showtopic=13529
However a LAN patch which conflicts with online play on XWIS is default in the install. To use this version with online games remove (or move out of the folder) a file from the game directory called wsock32.dllhttp://xwis.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=154971

ST staff do something. It has been brought up on support forum already http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/179797-tiberian-sun-installer/  and not the first time...

#2 tommyt1

tommyt1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

why are you so determined to get rid of auto ss m8 . Its fine for me and its a good tool to know the other guy is playing fair also. In regards the Auto ss on the Ladder Can the Admins maybe put an A next to everyone's Log who uses Auto SS . Makes it easier then for the guys using Auto ss to play each other etc , just an idea thanks Tomo

#3 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:32 AM

This is just for people who want to get rid of it, its already built-in(kinda mandatory) in the installer provided by XWIS. And it has been talked about million times how its buggy and causes crashes. Noone is stoppin you from using it m8 or anyone else. AND I like to play 8 player games for example visc maps where players get auto crash when they join my game or someone elses.

#4 tommyt1

tommyt1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

I use 2 versions of the game . 1 for playing 8ers and 1 with auto ss for anything 6 players and below and Tourneys. Maybe that's a solution to the problem. The more people using auto ss for 6ers and below the better. Can you imagine having a game where all 6 people are on auto ss and playing fair . Knowing that the opposition and your own team don't see you before they scout you , surely that's something we want to push towards as a community. With the Lack of players and the amount of mapping that's endowed in the game I feel strongly about this . I know Pete (nodrescue) has the old non auto  SS Version of the game and the Auto SS version can be downloaded here on xwis. Otherwise we will just continue on with mapping as part of the game. If anyone (including new players) would like to use the same 2 game system as I use find me in the lobby and I can help you with setting up both versions, there nothing sweeter than someone saying 'I wasn't open there' and then telling them go look on xwis as my Screen shots are there. Happened last night to me  on a bbg ffg. let me know cheers Tomo

#5 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

Most people I play with if they cheat, they' re really bad then. And in ww games when I think someone cheats I ask for ss and it gets posted so I  have no issues there.

I use to think alot of people cheat and just because of Pete's paranoia its kinda contagious :p. Idk if you remember when i first started playin in 2012 I use to play giants alot with tomott12(you), sharback, ColdGate, ravenskye, modland4u lol and I was kinda convinced by Pete that you, mart and elitegi make fast dizz etc with infiite money and all the "good" stuff.

Someone who is cheating I highly  doubt he will provide SS and let alone install autoss. And man like its too much work have the 2 versions installed, wtf is that you know...if am on and only 4 people in an 8er game and BAM 4 more join, all the autoss players get kicked,,,wtf!! Have to reload game and another BAM , they left without you. However, if autoss/XTS is completely fixed then it should be made mandatory for everyone to play on XWIS.

#6 tommyt1

tommyt1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

in mods mapping doesn't really matter as all players have access to cash so any half decent player will compensate against the mappers. On WW mapping is a lot more of an advantage. its not 'too much work' to have 2 versions m8 , you simply click one or the other . I think if Auto ss is not fixed then we all have to accept that on 8ers anything goes . What happens is then honest players (which there are not many ) will start to think why will I bother and they will simply get there built in mapper . in regards the ladder I think people should only be allowed to play it with auto ss , as its unfair if only 1 or 2 players use it and play legit , or perhaps my earlier suggestion to the Admins of putting an 'A ' next to peoples name who use it , at least then you know who's playing 100 % fair etc . I agree with you though on the point most players wont use auto ss as there mapper is part of there game , without it they wouldn't be half the player , unfortunately there is no real push from the Admins or anyone on Tib Sun to sort the mapping issue out. Its been part of the game since the beginning and I would say it will stay this way . Sad but True , cheers Tomo

Edited by tommyt1, 22 February 2014 - 06:41 PM.

#7 Casablanca

Casablanca

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • XWIS Name: fgj

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:48 AM

you guys are truely sketched...

only player online i know maps is that sharback/uklost idiot

everyone else just cries mapper when they die.

#8 Iran

Iran

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

How do you know those people online aren't just avoiding cheating when they're playing with you, and using cheats when they're playing with others?

I've had this happen quite a bit while playing Renegade online, mostly because I catch a lot of cheaters. One cheater actually helped me test anti-cheat and quite a bunch of good players said he used triggerbot, but he never did so against me. Finally he released a triggerbot 6 months ago after finally getting banned from a major Renegade server.

#9 tommyt1

tommyt1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

your living in a fantasy world if you think 1 person maps on this game. Look on the ladder and you might see 1 or 2 guys out of 20 using auto ss. Perhaps that's just a coincidence that 18 out of 20 guys don't want to use the tool that doesn't allow them to map in a game .

#10 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

@Iran, Casablanca is a former pro at a cheating finding new ways to cheats etc, I think he knows about the lags associated with using trainers and the specific timing fo a recon cause by the cheats.

@tomott12: See tomo this is what I''m sayin when autoss is so buggy and especially for ladder when some games dont count people dont want to use it. Like the newbie who is rank1 this month has used autoss since day 1 and just last month got rid of it and he has provided ss couple of times to people who asked for it, so if you suspect there is no shame in asking someone for ss, thats all...

And we cant blame players, Iran has done anti cheat work for his server and I think XWIS/ST can do the same since there last update(autoss) is an epic fail.

#11 pepsoldaat

pepsoldaat

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

your living in a fantasy world if you think 1 person maps on this game. Look on the ladder and you might see 1 or 2 guys out of 20 using auto ss. Perhaps that's just a coincidence that 18 out of 20 guys don't want to use the tool that doesn't allow them to map in a game .

WHAT IS AUTO SS

#12 tommyt1

tommyt1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

Pepsoldaat  ---  Auto SS is a Tool that Proves Your not Mapping (aka cheating) in a game. It automatically takes screenshots from your computer (while in game) and sends them directly to Xwis.

Frodo -- We now  have  4 out of the Current Top Ten on the Ladder using Auto SS --  slowly but surely were getting there M8 of making the Ladder cheat free. Out of 43 Games that I've played my Auto SS crashed 5 times (with no SS's uploaded) but all my games have counted win or lose. That's only 1 out of 9 games it has crashed , surely that can be tolerated to rid the game of mapping. Losing or winning a good battle when your both on Auto SS leaves a good feeling between the 2 players playing (in my experience) . There can be No Doubt that you won or lost fair and square .

Notice to all the guys on the Ladder Rank 1 To Rank 100  ---- Download Auto SS guys and we can make the Ladder Ultra competitive and cheat Free.

cheers Tomo

Edited by tommyt1, 09 March 2014 - 12:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users