#1 GetGood

GetGood

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • XWIS Name: JohnZpro

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:16 AM

can some admin plz do something  about this plz players on ladder thinking they good when one they dodge and newbash 2d they dont ues auto ss and few players are really just refused ss few times this is a joke thx john

#2 Umagon

Umagon

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:20 AM

John they refuse to use autoSS and to give manual screenshots because they are using map reveal or the shroud/fog hack. They know it, you know it, I know it, hell I think we all know it and maybe even Olaf knows it but but somehow they are still allowed to get away with it.

Maybe its time to change how the xwis lobby works, maybe alter the server to not allow players to host channels larger than 6 than nobody will crash on 8 players using autoSS, than force everyone to use autoSS or they cant join the lobby. Olaf im sure you could do this and get it done, if anyone can you can................

Edited by Umagon, 07 February 2014 - 04:22 AM.

#3 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:52 AM

John they refuse to use autoSS and to give manual screenshots because they are using map reveal or the shroud/fog hack. They know it, you know it, I know it, hell I think we all know it and maybe even Olaf knows it but but somehow they are still allowed to get away with it.

Maybe its time to change how the xwis lobby works, maybe alter the server to not allow players to host channels larger than 6 than nobody will crash on 8 players using autoSS, than force everyone to use autoSS or they cant join the lobby. Olaf im sure you could do this and get it done, if anyone can you can................

?Say wut

How deluded are you?

#4 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts
  • XWIS Name: sean3z

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

can some admin plz do something  about this plz players on ladder they dodge and newbash 2d they dont ues auto ss just refused ss few times

What do you propose we do about those players?

#5 trunk

trunk

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

dont let them get points on tourny somehow?

cant believe people just refuse to use auto ss simply co of its ''apparent faults''

not good nuff if u ask me..

#6 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts
  • XWIS Name: sean3z

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

1) Are you implying that AutoSS should be mandatory for ladder play?
2) Are you implying that users that dodge certain players should be restricted from gaining ladder points?

#7 Fjnecjgar

Fjnecjgar

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

cant believe people just refuse to use auto ss simply co of its ''apparent faults''

not good nuff if u ask me..

That is exactly why I do not use it. And the apparent faults are not quite apparent but are actually real...

half the people on TS are too dumb to even know what a map reveal is, and for the people that you are suspicious about you can simply avoid playing against them.

Olaf admittedly doesn't know why the faults occur and cannot fix them. So alot of people won't be using auto ss.

#8 trunk

trunk

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

ye it should be mandatory imo

#9 Iran

Iran

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:41 PM

When do the auto-SS crashes appear? Do they appear when:

A 1vs1 game is finished normally?

A 1vs1 game has a disconnect or out of sync?

A game with more than 2 players but less than 8 which finished normally?

A game with more than 2 players but less than 8 which had a disconnect or went out of sync?

A game with 8 players which finished normally?

A game with 8 players which had a disconnect or went out of sync?

#10 Casablanca

Casablanca

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • XWIS Name: fgj

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

I tried using auto ss for a month in december I believe, after the second week i gave up...

at the time, of about my 30 orso games played, about 15 other games never registered...wins or losses...id get an error right at the end of the game, and there was never any record of it at all

it would crash ts if you join a 8er game

some games recorded but never uploaded any ss's

For me...the fact that some games never registered at all on the ladder was enough for me not to use it anymore...

when thats fixed then you wont see anybody complain about using it.

idiots  like john and whoever umagon is just assume its because everybody except themselves uses map reveal....morons

ive played anybody worth playing and can tell you the only player I think uses mapper is player lcu....nevermind think, im 100% he does

nobody else does, or they are too shit and really doesnt matter

Edited by Casablanca, 07 February 2014 - 11:03 PM.

#11 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

@Iran There is an entire thread(pinned) detailing XTS issues.

@Trunk You just play forestfires and terrace aKa ww maps in which crashes dont happen that often or happen after the game finishes so thats why crashes dont matter to you. FYI for ladder/HOF XTS/Autoss is mandatory. Crashing executable is a very good enough reason to not use it.

As Finecigar said above and it has been 2nded by trz, corps and wuss that games havent counted on ladder bcoz of the crashes. And IMO the crashes have increased due to ever since XTS came out. 

@OP If you have any other suggestions other than autoss, lets hear it!;)

#12 TightForLife

TightForLife

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

this auto ss sounds lame 

#13 tommyt1

tommyt1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

I must agree with John and Trunk. My auto ss crashes maybe 1 out of 20 games . A tool that states ur not mapping in a game where mapping is an easy cheat to use surely should be used by all the tourney/ww players. Its a bit of a joke maybe 1 or 2 of the top ten on the ladder  use it .  Perhaps Sean you can create another ladder called the auto ss (cheat free) ladder it might work out . Let the guys who don't want to use it due to whatever reason play there own ladder where anything goes and make a   separate ladder for the Auto ss players, obviously the guys without Auto SS cannot play in the 2nd ladder full stop. You asked for suggestions , is that possible Sean/Olaf?

cheers Tomo

#14 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

I must agree with John and Trunk. My auto ss crashes maybe 1 out of 20 games . A tool that states ur not mapping in a game where mapping is an easy cheat to use surely should be used by all the tourney/ww players. Its a bit of a joke maybe 1 or 2 of the top ten on the ladder  use it .  Perhaps Sean you can create another ladder called the auto ss (cheat free) ladder it might work out . Let the guys who don't want to use it due to whatever reason play there own ladder where anything goes and make a   separate ladder for the Auto ss players, obviously the guys without Auto SS cannot play in the 2nd ladder full stop. You asked for suggestions , is that possible Sean/Olaf?

cheers Tomo

I disagree. Last time I played ladder was probably October or November and I distinctly remember atleast 2 or 3 of my games didn't record. And trunk doesnt even play ladder, the fact is players are not using autoss on ladder because games dont count when it crashes. And as for crashes its so random, like Tab and Trunk have autoss and they hardly crash in ff(there ss are uploaded after game), but when I have it on I crash every 2/3 games.

Just ask for an SS, most players will provide especially on ladder. If they dont, I believe you can file a cheat report with some sorta evidence and Admin page will be sent etc. (Wuss did that last month, he surrendered when he suspected someone was mappin/cheating and it was proven that other person did cheat.)

#15 tommyt1

tommyt1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

Why waste ur time trying to get an ss from someone who laughs at you and says 'ye whatever I map' . Besides to make things simple they should have auto ss then you don't need to ask, October was 5 months ago , try it again.  1 crash out of 20 I get on mods 3vs 3 and on ww so I cant see any issues , perhaps if we try and push  the Tib sun community to get auto ss the better it is for the game in general?  rather than giving up due to it crashing a few times,

cheers

#16 Casablanca

Casablanca

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:26 AM

im 100% sure when i say this...but id bet that either nobody, or maybe 1 player maps on tib sun today...most of the assuming people cheat has to do with shit players not paying attention to scouts and what not...

when i  play 8ers with randoms i get accused most games because these players simply suck lol

#17 Casablanca

Casablanca

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:35 AM

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_ntfUQP5ug

#18 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:33 AM

hey casablanca i just watched that vid- so how representative is that of ww map play on ts? and was what the guy saying true (nod better on (needs?) big maps, he could rebuild his lost structures and not be at much of a disadvantage? or did he play badly? 

Also it seemed he did a very poor job of scouting- how much of the map do you need to scout, and when?

#19 Casablanca

Casablanca

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

no...that guy is horrible.

sure some maps may favour gdi or nod, but he was complete shit so it didnt matter...

#20 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

would you be interested in giving me some training on ts, ww map play?

#21 Casablanca

Casablanca

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

GO CNC NET SERVER...IM ON RIGHT NOW

LOG=PHENOMENA

oops caps

i charge 30$ a hour

#22 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:54 PM

ha! i charge 30 an hour to contribute activity. But I will play on xwis and I am interested to try the game, this is to any ts player as well- thanks :)

#23 Casablanca

Casablanca

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:58 PM

go here

http://cncvault.boards.net/

some decent videos taken by some pros posted

0 user(s) are reading this topic