FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

Engi IFV rushes are no reason to DC. 

Engi is part of the game, DC is not. 

Seems like you still have no clue what you're talking about.

#27 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

Introduction

After playing some new games. Namely DOTA 2 and CS:GO I've noticed that they have some safeguards for people who leave games or disconnect.

Seeing as they are team games and when a player leaves or disconnects it ruins the game for other players, due to this players who do this regularly are punished.

On CS:GO players are banned from playing ranked games. First is a short ban, 2nd is quadrupled and so on..

On DOTA 2 if a player leaves from games too many times (leaving their team with unfair odds 4 vs 5) they are put into a low priority category, in which player's can't gain any experience to increase their profile level or earn items. It's similar to playing a ladder game and earning no points.

In thought of the above used methods. It would be useful if XWIS used something similar.

The idea

I suggest that, players who disconnect to wash games a lot would be punished by being temporarily banned with a stacking ban length on future offences. 

The method

The server counts a certain amount of disconnects on a player's ladder record. (suggesting 3-5 disconnects to allow room for connection problems).

The player that qualifies for the above mentioned criteria is automatically banned by the server for 2 days at first offence.

Upon expiration of the 2 day period the player is allowed to play normally, but were the disconnects to continue (1-2 allowed) the player's ban is doubled. 

Conclusion

This would finally give people an incentive to just quit the match instead of pulling their network cable or otherwise sabotaging it.

I'm tired of wasting my life 2 minutes at a time. 

Too few people playing to implement.

#28 SoVsOrDiE

SoVsOrDiE

Music is my religion!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3666 posts
  • XWIS Name: SoVsOrDiE

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:47 AM

Admin always say 'cheating players harm the new players among us' but really, who is likely to be starting ra2 now? Sure maybe we get a few oldies coming back from way back when..but nothing substantial. So no offence at all, but that reason is wearing kind of thin nowadays. I'd be all up for a complete unban of everyone and at least get quite a few ppl playing again. Obviously I know this wont happen..that's probably the reason I don't run a server haha ^^

#29 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

we need players, thats for sure

#30 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

but how :(

#31 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

There's too many improvements that are needed to grab interest from new players. 

There's many networks out there, their features and quality should be analyzed. then compared to to xwis, after which improvements and upgrades are added.

To actually give a reason for players to come to XWIS. There's really not enough to entice new players.

#32 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

Bann Frequenzy ^^ im sure alot of ppl will come back when they will find out the nazi engi reich has been off the map

#33 JoKuJaK

JoKuJaK

b00yaka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10846 posts
  • XWIS Name: JoKuJaK

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

lol mikoz

u smoke to much grass to catch them engi's ^^

#34 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

If you play Martin make 2 drones or 1 tank before miners and have a sentry ready (fucks up eco but else you lose base lol)

#35 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

If you play Martin make 2 drones or 1 tank before miners and have a sentry ready (fucks up eco but else you lose base lol)

How about walling your conyard??engi rushes are nothing new, all you guys who have played for years that use the same b.o every single game per map are just hypocrites. What you don't get enough time to sell your mcv before it's stolen? Waaaaaaah is all I hear.

As far as the original post.
Good idea, not enough support(players, admins, etc..)
Maybe if ra2 became free2play and xwis was still here, then maybe. But that doesn't look like it's ever gonna happen

#36 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

lol mikoz

u smoke to much grass to catch them engi's ^^

heheheh joku still smokin them banana leaves ?

#37 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

How about walling your conyard??engi rushes are nothing new, all you guys who have played for years that use the same b.o every single game per map are just hypocrites. What you don't get enough time to sell your mcv before it's stolen? Waaaaaaah is all I hear.

Then he engis wf or something else :p

#38 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:40 AM

Indeed, my favourite thing to engi is a soviet warfactory. They need to learn to use something other then a rhino tank. :)

#39 JoKuJaK

JoKuJaK

b00yaka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10846 posts
  • XWIS Name: JoKuJaK

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

voSjo mikoz.

Next weeka ima come clean tho.. will be back for ra2-clan aswell ill catch all ya guys up later :)

Edited by JoKuJaK, 18 January 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#40 AirPowerBro

AirPowerBro

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5755 posts
  • XWIS Name: Brother

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

Noobs, Can't live with them. Can't live without them.

Edited by Carl, 18 January 2014 - 05:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users