#1 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

Introduction

After playing some new games. Namely DOTA 2 and CS:GO I've noticed that they have some safeguards for people who leave games or disconnect.

Seeing as they are team games and when a player leaves or disconnects it ruins the game for other players, due to this players who do this regularly are punished.

On CS:GO players are banned from playing ranked games. First is a short ban, 2nd is quadrupled and so on..

On DOTA 2 if a player leaves from games too many times (leaving their team with unfair odds 4 vs 5) they are put into a low priority category, in which player's can't gain any experience to increase their profile level or earn items. It's similar to playing a ladder game and earning no points.

In thought of the above used methods. It would be useful if XWIS used something similar.

The idea

I suggest that, players who disconnect to wash games a lot would be punished by being temporarily banned with a stacking ban length on future offences. 

The method

The server counts a certain amount of disconnects on a player's ladder record. (suggesting 3-5 disconnects to allow room for connection problems).

The player that qualifies for the above mentioned criteria is automatically banned by the server for 2 days at first offence.

Upon expiration of the 2 day period the player is allowed to play normally, but were the disconnects to continue (1-2 allowed) the player's ban is doubled. 

Conclusion

This would finally give people an incentive to just quit the match instead of pulling their network cable or otherwise sabotaging it.

I'm tired of wasting my life 2 minutes at a time. 

Edited by FReQuEnZy, 16 January 2014 - 09:09 AM.

#2 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

I rarely play CM due to the low activity but i will give it a Yes !

#3 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

oh yes, the banning of players who get main.exe error without notice, amazing idea.

#4 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

I haven't had more then 3-5 main exe errors in a month... ever. Unless I've been modifying the game. 

Your argument is invalid, try again genius.

#5 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

Martin uses common sense. Common sense means Martin compares anything that anyone says to his own experience and makes a judgement. If it didn't happen to him it doesn't exist, genius. Oh, and by the way, you aren't just wrong, you're invalid.  :rofl:

#6 JoKuJaK

JoKuJaK

b00yaka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10846 posts
  • XWIS Name: JoKuJaK

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:46 AM

like u can go qm n dc each game without getting banned :D

Edited by JoKuJaK, 16 January 2014 - 12:47 AM.

#7 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:49 AM

I haven't had more then 3-5 main exe errors in a month... ever. Unless I've been modifying the game. 

Your argument is invalid, try again genius.

3-5 errors in a month is enough to get you banned  :busted:

#8 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:44 AM

It's strange that the same people DC when losing me all the time in that case...

johndoe - dcing vs me during the last 3 months when I qmed. http://xwis.net/ra2/pl/johndoe/

Ajax aka mikox - same as above, he says something about engies and disconnects. http://xwis.net/ra2/games/17705/

stevo72 - not a clue what this guy is up to, might need a game reinstall considering 99% of his games end in a recon http://xwis.net/ra2/pl/stevo72/

finale - another nub who likes to dc when feeling like it http://xwis.net/ra2/pl/finale/

@ Josh, common sense is when a person realises that he's experienced something for a very long time. Then realising that there's been a persisting problem that is not dealt with and then coming up with a possible solution. Which is something that you're incapable of comprehending as is reflected in your competitive playing behaviour when coming up against a superior opponent. Also I doubt that people would encounter main exe errors 5 times in a row when they are losing or about to.. Can't really explain common sense, it's supposed to be common? As a side note such a term as common sense doesn't exist in the country I'm from, for obvious reasons.

@ Emi, from my experience of playing QM on xwis over the last 11 years I find the reality of it being quiet different. You can see proof on the above links.

Sure people can just quit the game when they see the DC screen to be able to make a report, due to no points being exchanged just cause they didn't wait. But why should they be made to wait?  Yet again, 5 errors when losing?

To be honest I can't believe the no votes, with no good arguments.

Edited by FReQuEnZy, 16 January 2014 - 01:48 AM.

#9 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

And we cant believe an Idiot like you who bailed competition for a long time now thinks its needed to lame almost each game. Your honestly the weakest player i know in terms of qm-fair play/giving rematches.

Engi more and cry more about ppl dc, you totally deserve it.

#10 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

And we cant believe an Idiot like you who bailed competition for a long time 

WAT? I went to QM and didn't find games after waiting for 20mins.. Nice understanding of bailing you got there junior.

Engi more and cry more about ppl dc, you totally deserve it.

Cry more about engi and keep dcing, I might just report you yet again for it.

#11 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

Epic reply fail since im obvious talking bout your ffg mentality.

And sure report me when you received your points but then also dont forget to report yourself when Niek DIDNT get his points last month

GID Player A Player B Duration Scenario Date FPS C S T
1302 frequenzy RE niek RE 05:30 Heck Freezes Over 23:07 01-12-2013 53 S P

#12 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

the more qms someone plays the more likely they will have more than just a few errors, tomi for an example get quite a few main.exe errors, you're whole little idea is a fail, face it, just like you failed at everything else you've tried to accomplish with patching, coding, ect.

fucking xwis admin wannabe.

#13 Ra2moskva

Ra2moskva

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

Mike said:

Mikoz, on 16 Jan 2014 - 00:59, said:snapback.png

'' you who bailed competition for a long time ''

For a long time it says... and martin replies with a argument on a singel day fail xD

#14 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

the more qms someone plays the more likely they will have more than just a few errors, tomi for an example get quite a few main.exe errors, you're whole little idea is a fail, face it, just like you failed at everything else you've tried to accomplish with patching, coding, ect.

fucking xwis admin wannabe.

If the server were to check the length of the game along with some of the game stats to determine when the error/dc occured then it would eliminate the problem of main.exe errors causing an unfair ban. Anyway, in tomi's case he's obviously got some computer problems or the game installation is erroneous. A properly functional computer with a clean game installation shouldn't encounter main.exe errors so often. 

If you have no idea about why internal errors occur then you shouldn't really be commenting on it. Instead of bringing it up as a problem to the proposed idea, solve your own/his first.

Also my patch is liked by many players, not just xwis users. So the few naysayers here who can't even install their game properly and keep their computer running properly, don't really have a right to speak on the matter.

#15 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

shut up frequenzy if you really cared about fairplay you woudnt lame in qm.

Also, how many players are left ? how many do have a patern of dc'ing or other cheats ? if its 1 person a month its alot.

on this small scale your idea is stupid and irrelevant, those ppl could just be reported.

Im glad more ppl can see your hypocrite reasons for posting this crap

Edited by Mikoz, 16 January 2014 - 03:58 PM.

#16 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

In theory its a nice set of ideas, however implementing them on XWIS wouldnt be practical.

#17 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

shut up frequenzy if you really cared about fairplay you woudnt lame in qm.

Also, how many players are left ? how many do have a patern of dc'ing or other cheats ? if its 1 person a month its alot.

on this small scale your idea is stupid and irrelevant, those ppl could just be reported.

Im glad more ppl can see your hypocrite reasons for posting this crap

I don't care about your version of fair play. I'm playing within the design of the game. While you're abusing the loopholes of the server and the game, namely disconnecting in the hopes that I would not receive points, mainly because you are unable to handle the strategy that I'm using. Which is selfish and ignorant.

Many players disconnect when aggravated enough, through game play alone. Mostly the lower rank players who under the belief that the better players are cheating, which I can understand, but the top players, no I honestly can't. You might as well say "ha ha wait 2 minutes for your points or click quit and get none".

Hypocrite reasons? People have been disconnecting for the same reasons since RA2 was released. With no solution been brought up besides one off chance reports.

It's been a problem for many players, not just me. 

In theory its a nice set of ideas, however implementing them on XWIS wouldnt be practical.

Only due to the population perhaps.

#18 AbRoMoV

AbRoMoV

Für immer frei und ungeteilt.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2180 posts
  • XWIS Name: ZooM

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

Frankly speaking I never had any problems with Mikoz and I probably played him +100times within the last 2-3 months in qm.

The idea is alright but probably too unpractical. (as Jason already mentioned).

#19 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

I don't care about your version of fair play. I'm playing within the design of the game. While you're abusing the loopholes of the server and the game, namely disconnecting in the hopes that I would not receive points, mainly because you are unable to handle the strategy that I'm using. Which is selfish and ignorant.

Many players disconnect when aggravated enough, through game play alone. Mostly the lower rank players who under the belief that the better players are cheating, which I can understand, but the top players, no I honestly can't. You might as well say "ha ha wait 2 minutes for your points or click quit and get none".

Hypocrite reasons? People have been disconnecting for the same reasons since RA2 was released. With no solution been brought up besides one off chance reports.
It's been a problem for many players, not just me. 

Only due to the population perhaps.

Activity, internal's, Connection Problem's etc are all factors you have to consider, I think implementing those rules on XWIS now would kill the games off rather quickly.

#20 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

XWIS now would kill the games off rather quickly.

Ever thought about ffg banning? That kills the game. I blame Olaf.

#21 J0ni

J0ni

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • XWIS Name: Joni

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:52 PM

buz dc almost 20% of his games

http://xwis.net/ra2/pl/buz/

and he also want f*** my mom and sister... that isnt nice at all! can we ban players like Buz?!?

Attached Files

• Attached File  buz.png   1.42MB   9 downloads

Edited by Rocksteady, 16 January 2014 - 06:55 PM.

#22 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

Banning kill's activity no matter what the gametype, But Cheating is detrimental to activity and puts new players off the game, keeping New players is crucial to the survival of XWIS

#23 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

that's an easy one. Don't cheat

#24 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

There's another easy one. Don't dc, just press esc and click quit.

#25 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

You know what the problem is Frequenoob ? you have really no clue what you are talking about.

I get dc'd less than 1% of my games and so it goes for the rest of the community. In the cases were ppl got errors and were on losing hand, fw's are given.

In the cases ppl dc alot or are causing RE's reports are made and admins handle them off/banns are given.

The times when dc'ing was a problem ( WOL ) are more then a decade behind.

If you experience frustrations by ppl dc'ing you, mayb try to look in the mirror in first place because im sure it has something to do with your stubborn engi ifv rushes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users