14 replies to this topic

#1 SmallChap

SmallChap

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

Apologies for not posting in the map section, but it seems like this section is more active.

About... maybe 8 years ago, me and my friends randomly (and accidentally) joined a yuri's game online with someone playing a survival map. We failed horribly, but for the next few months we did nothing but replay the map. It got to the point that that was the only map we wanted to play, until we could survive every time. We have all gone through multiple new computers and formats and no longer have the map. To our dismay, we also can not seem to find it anywhere online, so I am wondering if anyone here has the map or knows how to find the one that I am talking about.

I can't remember what it was called, but the aim of the game was to save a person (possibly the president) at the bottom centre of the map. We callled it save the president. Everything spawned at the top centre and was funneled through a rock formation which meant there was only one choke point (for ground units). You had to protect the president at all costs and soon as he died that was game over. There was also airdrops of demolition trucks over all 6 players bases, which proved very difficult to stop early on.

As far as I can remember, it was a 6 player map (with one ai as the 7th) and it was a snow map.

me and my friends are just getting back into Yuri's and have played a few survival maps. However nothing has come close to recapturing the nostalgia we have for the save the president map. Does anyone here rememeber that map, have it, know what it's called or know how to find it? I know me and my friends would be eteranally grateful!!!

#2 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

Its called Protect the president, ive looked for it myself severall times but never found it :(

#3 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

Man I had all these maps before my computer got reformatted as well): your best bet is to Google flyingz survival maps, and play those, and you might come across the one you're looking for, but I do doubt it

#4 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

This one? http://www.freewebs.com/rpgplaya5/protection.zip

#5 SmallChap

SmallChap

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

You have no idea how high my hopes were dsector... but alas, it is not that map. :p

expand - I have all the flyingz maps. It seems like they are some of the only YR survival maps still around and freely available to easily download. It definitely isn't one of those maps tho unfortunately.

#6 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

You have no idea how high my hopes were dsector... but alas, it is not that map. :p

expand - I have all the flyingz maps. It seems like they are some of the only YR survival maps still around and freely available to easily download. It definitely isn't one of those maps tho unfortunately.

Well I am sorry :/

I do have a 2 player map you might like tho..

You each control one elite apoc, and 2 giant armies+bases fight each other and you have to help your armies win by using your one person. Oh and also there are upgrades to your army that you buy lol

I'll check my older computer and maybe upload all the maps that are unusual/rare lol

Edited by ExpaNd, 13 January 2014 - 11:01 PM.

#7 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

Ive went through every yr related site i could find trying to find it, itll be somewhere though, best hope is finding someone that has it i reckon, i know you have searched a while yourself, i saw your posts on Ra2yrmaps.com asking the same thing. Good Luck and if u find it let me know and ill do the same.

#8 SmallChap

SmallChap

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

That sounds like it could be pretty awesome. Don't think I have ever played a map like that.

If you could upload some rare/unusual maps that would be great! I used to have so many maps but it's obviously getting more and more difficult to find most of them now, especially the unique ones that i remember playing but don't really remember much about. Plus when I formatted my pc, I hadn't played in so long, unfortunately I never thought to save all my maps. I guess that happens to a lot of people, then when they come to play again...

Yeah I remember that post on Ra2yrmaps.com. That was the last time I decided to spend a day on an epic search across the internet for that map. No luck then either.

But cheers zigzag, I'll let you know if I come across it.

Edited by SmallChap, 16 January 2014 - 08:01 PM.

#9 Psychic

Psychic

NRA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts
  • XWIS Name: PuNiSh3eR

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

I have a bunch of these I believe still on my comp, can transfer them over to you sometime when I'm online

#10 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

Im looking for the heck extreme brut map was pretty fun playin 2vs6 or 1vs7 making thousends of kills :-)

#11 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:25 AM

Im looking for the heck extreme brut map was pretty fun playin 2vs6 or 1vs7 making thousends of kills :-)

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/173027-heck-extreme-ai-v-20/

#12 AVMIKE

AVMIKE

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

That map was epic,

I played a couple different versions over the years, but they are all pretty good.

I will look to see if I can find on an older hard drive and upload it.

:)

Also you may remember another very cool map.

I do not remember the name, I think it was something like fantastic four.

The map was a big maze, and you had a single hero troop for up to four players.  the computer was yuri.

The goal was to navigate the whole map in less than 20 minutes with your hero only troop.

You kind of needed one of each, Tanya, Borris, seal to make it all the way through but this was another epic map.

anyone know of this one or have it>?

-OhSnap  (Sovtron from the 2001 days)

#13 Alb3rt

Alb3rt

Sed0na Clan Vs. ST community

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • XWIS Name: aWarNoob1

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:32 PM

Reviving this post. I too am now looking for this map "Protect the president."

and i'd like to know who the creator of this map is.

Edited by Alb3rt, 21 October 2015 - 11:32 PM.

#14 willy

willy

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18212 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:53 AM

I'm pretty sure I have protect the president, will check later

#15 Alb3rt

Alb3rt

Sed0na Clan Vs. ST community

• Members