107 replies to this topic

#26 D34DF45T

D34DF45T

Corporal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

what about mod maps. i havnt seem any yet on cnc5net. would it be as easy as copying a map from my other TS and sending it to cnc5net ?

can somone explain -_-

#27 hifi

hifi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

how long until clans/ladders?

When it's done. People work on and off stuff, nothing is really done yet for ladder.

what about mod maps. i havnt seem any yet on cnc5net. would it be as easy as copying a map from my other TS and sending it to cnc5net ?

can somone explain -_-

You should be able to host any map from your TS directory. So yes, you can just copy some map/mpr in and the client should pick it up. FunkyFr3sh would know more about that though.

#28 ItsMeSeb

ItsMeSeb

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

CnCNet 5 is integrated with the games from ground up, it doesn't use the LAN lobby nor WOL lobby, it preconfigures the games externally and launches them directly in-game. This has benefits of allowing almost unlimited customization of game types, modes, starting points, alliances, etc. to games like you've already seen.

This is definitively the future of Tiberian Sun.

If people want to switch to either side, it's up to them.

A very mature thing to say. I've missed this mindset during Olafs dictatorship.

When it's done. People work on and off stuff, nothing is really done yet for ladder.

You should be able to host any map from your TS directory. So yes, you can just copy some map/mpr in and the client should pick it up. FunkyFr3sh would know more about that though.

When downloading the client you get a new ts-folder. This folder isnt related to your original ts folder and doesn't access its maps either. In the new ts-folder is a maps subfolder where you can add all your old maps (I've tried it out and it works perfectly fine). Once these maps are added they'll show up in cncnet along with all the original ts/fs maps.

You can also find the sun.ini there to change the resolution.

On a sidenote, I appreciate your work alot Hifi! Please keep doing what you do.

#29 jeffbeck

jeffbeck

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

Got CNCNET5 working last night and am impressed with pretty much every feature. It looks and feels like a proper fan-made service. If i had more time to spare in the evening to wait for a game, I would definitely use CNCNET over Xwis. +10 fellas'.

#30 hifi

hifi

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

On a sidenote, I appreciate your work alot Hifi! Please keep doing what you do.

Thank you.

Though, credit where due. CnCNet 5 would have not been been possible without FunkyFr3sh writing the new client and Iran doing the "spawner" code for TS which is the CnCNet 5 support. My job is mostly the concept, backend services and keeping the service running. We'll hopefully have more people working on web related features like the ladder.

#31 badownzu

badownzu

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

fags ;o

#32 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

can somone explain -_-

Yes, you copy the map "somemapname.map" to the CnCnet's TS folder and you're good to go..

#33 FrzFlame

FrzFlame

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • XWIS Name: North

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:47 AM

Who is behind this? I just checked it out and I couldn't have done better myself. I can't seem to play TS on this computer though as i just launch into a frozen screen. ;\

I wish you could take it a step further and fix some of the glitches and gayness in the game. example: reduce the damage of blue tiberium harvesters

I have to admit I am still a little bitter that more than 50% of my deaths in this game over the years were due to Harvester Bombs.

Edited by FrzFlame, 12 January 2014 - 08:02 AM.

#34 Iran

Iran

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

I wish you could take it a step further and fix some of the glitches and gayness in the game. example: reduce the damage of blue tiberium harvesters

Which glitches and gayness? What's the issue with blue Tiberium Harvesters?

I'm just gonna give you guys a bit of a hint and suggest giving feedback and suggestions to the CnCNet developers so they can use this feedback and improve the service.

TS on XWIS will be dead by the end of the year, it pretty much already is. Yet yesterday at peak there were 85 matches of Red Alert 1 being played simultaneously and 286 players on. And 10 matches of Tiberian Sun at peak.

We're pretty close to fixing Windows 8 to work with TS and the fix is open-source and fixes TS completely (so nothing CnCNet 5 exclusive). Yet even if XWIS includes it in their TS user patch people first need to be interested in fixing it and knowing there's a fix. Let's say you're a random user trying to play Tiberian Sun on Windows 8 (which doesn't work). You can then:

1. Play something else

2. Search on Google and find a bunch of outdated info saying Windows 8 doesn't work with TS or with shitty broken workarounds.

Most people will give up and XWIS TS will get even less new players. However once the fix is done we'll update the 16.5 MB installer from the CnCNet site to enable the fix for windows 8 and 8.1 users. It's transparent and the game just works then like it already is. Just download the installer, run it and you can start playing within two minutes.

Does anyone have downloads for fixed standard maps? I talked with some TS players and they said a lot of TS maps are unbalanced and that some people made fixes for them. We want to start including extra 30 maps with CnCNet 5 and either the most popular TS maps or fixed versions of normal TS maps would be great additions. The normal, unmodified TS maps will still be included and the fixed versions are extras. Their map name will make it clear they're modified versions of the original maps.

I didn't know anything about TS until less than two months ago. I'm more than happy just preserving and enhancing online TS gameplay so friends can play which each other online within 2 minutes with all the game options Yuri's Revenge has, anti-cheat, working comp stomp, proper map transfers, crash and lag fixes, good netcode, glitch/bug/exploit fixes and some other stuff I forgot about. In the future we will also have ladder with working autoSS, quick match, working WIndows support 8 for TS out of the box, the inclusion of fixed versions of standard maps (if the community cares enough), more game options when hosting and whatever we or the community can think of.

If I were a pro TS player I would have some keen interest in all of this. The game can go the way of C&C1 which has almost no activity on CnCnet 5 because it has no online player base, or it can go the way of RA1 which has almost twice the amount of players now at peak (286) then 2 months ago (160). For comparison Age of Empires 2 has more than 5,000 players on on Voobly alone in the weekend, and the game is older than TS and not freeware.

It's something for the TS community to decide, not me.

Edited by Iran, 12 January 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#35 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

I think hes talking about general game play. @Frzflame alot of the glitches/exploits are already fixed on cncnet. I think blue tib harv bombs are part of game...

#36 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

A TS match on CnCnet, by aKaFeda.

Edited by fir3w0rx, 12 January 2014 - 01:13 PM.

#37 D34DF45T

D34DF45T

Corporal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

lol tr only 1 who knows what planet hes on

and wtf how did tl get that laser so far. dont think u can wiggle a laser lol ???

#38 Casablanca

Casablanca

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • XWIS Name: fgj

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

The games fine...

Keep in build anywhere as its necessary for some spots on some maps

Keep in big booms for blue harvesters (frz doesnt even play anymore) as it adds some diversity

Only real balance issues I can think of...in terms of starting position on rm and br on forest fires, have them closer to the tib.

If there is any way to change these units and have them more useful, but not break how the game is played currently...perhaps do something with wolverines, buggies...2 completely useless units

Otherwise just bring a ladder in.

#39 jeffbeck

jeffbeck

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

The option to assign hotkeys would be great.

#40 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

Ye hot keys assign option wud be nice. Also I noticed lag in couple of games last night but for some reason even in the lag there is no delay whtsoever  like when u order a unit to do something etc.

#41 FrzFlame

FrzFlame

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

The gayness I was referring to is a personal opinion.

But I've always thought it was absurd that a harvester with blue tib could destroy war factory and refineries. IMO their power should be cut in half.

I also think the nod multi missle should either be reduced to the power of an ion cannon or the ion cannon should be able to destroy war/ref/mcv as well. One or the other.

#42 F0odLi0n

F0odLi0n

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

The biggest issue I see in this video of the game, is red and gold should be opposites (tr bl) etc.. same with pink and purple always being opposites.

Let me know when the windows 8.1 fix is available and I'll move over, until then I'm stuck on SC2

#43 jeffbeck

jeffbeck

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:37 AM

The biggest issue I see in this video of the game, is red and gold should be opposites (tr bl) etc.. same with pink and purple always being opposites.

Let me know when the windows 8.1 fix is available and I'll move over, until then I'm stuck on SC2

You can select what the teams are by using numbers 1 to 8 for positions and letters a.b.c etc. for teams. Aside: great to play new ww maps too! 

#44 FunkyFr3sh

FunkyFr3sh

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:39 AM

The option to assign hotkeys would be great.

Isnt that possible via the in-game settings ? Or do you like to have an external config program for it ?

It should work on win 8.1 already if you use the miniTS (TiberianSun_Online_Installer.exe), if it doesnt work properly then type "/get win8-fix" in the main chat lobby

Edited by FunkyFr3sh, 13 January 2014 - 04:45 AM.

#45 FrzFlame

FrzFlame

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:19 AM

A TS match on CnCnet, by aKaFeda.

I really enjoyed the commentary on this video, what did you use to make that recording?

Edited by FrzFlame, 13 January 2014 - 06:18 AM.

#46 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

I really enjoyed the commentary on this video, what did you use to make that recording?

That was from aKaFeda's YouTube channel, not mine, so it's probably best to ask on his channel. But I would suggest Bandicam, as I've tried every other screen recorder and Bandicam s*#ts all over them. The free version can record up to 10 minutes per recording and has a watermark, but it's not hard to find a full version through torrents. You can then purchase it if you like it, just to support them.

#47 jeffbeck

jeffbeck

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

@funky I can't see any in-game settings for assigning hotkeys, however I can supposedly transfer then over from the non-cncet version of TS.

#48 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

If you want to record you can also use OBS. Its a widely used application to stream and record games. You can save the video local. No spam, no max quality, totally free.

http://obsproject.com/

#49 Iran

Iran

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

@funky I can't see any in-game settings for assigning hotkeys, however I can supposedly transfer then over from the non-cncet version of TS.

You can play a skirmish game by hosting a 1 player game on CnCnet 5. If you open the options menu in-game then there's a game options button which allows you to set hotkeys.

#50 Fjnecjgar

Fjnecjgar

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

The hot keys can be set in game online as well. I have done it already on cncnet5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users