Photo

Edd vs Piners

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will come out victorious?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Who will come out victorious?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:30 PM

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the new maps are awful

I don't really think the problem is the new maps, I think it's just that ra2 in general isn't very good for sticking in a ton of new maps at once (not being able to see what map you're on before hand when it's a new one is pretty shitty). There are some really good maps that have been added, some of which are much more fun/balanced than the originals. 

#27 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

There was a poll recently to destandardize all new maps. That in conjunction with adjustments to the 25 remaining original maps could help address the concerns of the so-hard-done-by allieds. But most of the response was was either hyperbole or personal attacks. 

It took me 3 years of extensive playing to get good with sovs, eman. I never questioned the difficultly of learning allieds, just what can be done with them when used to their potential. 

And whatever you can conclude, it doesn't refer to my point. 

#28 SensFaiL

SensFaiL

Allies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9413 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

Who's learning allies? I've been there got the t shirt. What I do know is flooding a game with maps doesn't make the game more fun.

#29 AbRoMoV

AbRoMoV

Für immer frei und ungeteilt.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2180 posts
  • XWIS Name: ZooM

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:46 PM

Jesus christ, you should play (again) a bit before you are able to judge anything. 

http://xwis.net/ra2/pl/sensfail/

No offence intended.

#30 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

I would think the arrival of the newer map's was beneficial for allied player's, its certainly more balanced now than it was before there addition.

#31 SensFaiL

SensFaiL

Allies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9413 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

sigh...

#32 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

Seth i agree- too many new maps at once, it was not intentional. After they were introduced opinion over which to remove and how many to keep was divided, thus we have the current map set. 

The map patch used to include only 14 new maps. And it would rotate that number with updates every 4-6 months. I would still like to use that format. Unfortunately I haven't found much support for it. 

#33 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

sigh...

How constructive of you.

#34 SensFaiL

SensFaiL

Allies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9413 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:04 AM

It's just funny how the times don't change. Just the activity on the game.

#35 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

I would think the arrival of the newer map's was beneficial for allied player's, its certainly more balanced now than it was before there addition.

Pretty much.  The game was balanced with all these maps that were added.  

#36 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

It's just funny how the times don't change. Just the activity on the game.

and the playstyle? Mabye you should spend less time complaining and using bug abuse, and more time playing the game and recapturing your once, much better abilities.

#37 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

The times do change tho, seth. For example, we're all several years older than before and there's a ton of new maps we're currently debating..

#38 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

@josh nah that idea sucks the more maps the better. Qm is the single player ladder we need the qm pool to be as hard as possible. Most of the newly added maps are great and give more oppertunities for open fights then the oldskool ones.

#39 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

haha well thats ur opinion and fair enough. viva ra2!

#40 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

@josh nah that idea sucks the more maps the better. Qm is the single player ladder we need the qm pool to be as hard as possible. Most of the newly added maps are great and give more oppertunities for open fights then the oldskool ones.

#41 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • XWIS Name: djaningar

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

haha well thats ur opinion and fair enough. viva ra2!

I think many (not all) of ur maps are great.  Ive been saying the game itself favors sovs on most maps. --ur maps are fine. But coming back like seth has, its a totally new game to try to get used to, I understand the frustration. Its logical arguing that there are just a bit too many. Debatable imo. I would say that there are indeed too many.

#42 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:52 AM

thanks frank, I appreciate that. :)

I also agreed (above) that there are too many new maps

#43 SensFaiL

SensFaiL

Allies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9413 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

It's not that the game has changed, for the most part the same strategies ect are still used. I don't know in what topic it was but I agreed that there just isn't enough people playing anymore to make it easy to get good at the game again. Which means it takes longer to get good at everything again because I can't log on when I am able and get game after game of practice like it used to be.

#44 Rocker219

Rocker219

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

Im sure franks going to win this one. I don't get the argument that its easier to go from sovs to allies then allies to sovs. your telling me its harder to use less units then it is to use more? please explain this one to me.

Both players are playing sides they rarely use, edd has the uphill battle to try to master more going on during the game then frank. Frank already has great tc. Just never see sov players perform well switching to allies but ive seen allies going to sovs hold their own pretty well.

I think that the series is definetly going to go to frank. Its not even a question about who is what team. I think it comes down to love for the game/genre and I feel that leans more towards frank. Unless the maps are all (Depth charge, then more depth charge etc) I think edd is way to in deep on this one.

Edited by Rocker219, 27 November 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#45 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

I don't know if its harder to go from allies to sovs, or sovs to allies but one thing I can bring up, when I was a yr player I came to ra2 randomly, and I happened to have a series with w0nnaplay. I was able to beat his sovs, but lost to his allies...
And sovs are easier true, most good allied players I played with (Brett,Avery,dean,ra2spyder,Justin,phaiiure,sammo)were able to play sovs at a high level. But I think it depends on the person, I mean we've seen people like Marko,Tim,tomi etc. go from sovs to pretty good allied...

Then you have the allied players who are good with allies but can't adapt to a soviet style, and vice versa. But I do agree allies are tougher to use, but I've seen quality allied players, and I can tell you a lot of people who play allies these days make them seem worse then they really are

This will be a pretty good, experiment between 2 experienced players...the only question is, how are you guys choosing the maps?

Edited by ExpaNd, 27 November 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#46 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

Haven't thought about what maps we're going to play.  I really don't mind though.  This is just something to keep everyone entertained. 

#47 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

randomize.org, type in all the map names and play them in the order they appear!

#48 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

randomize.org, type in all the map names and play them in the order they appear!

Domain for sale? :p

#49 AbRoMoV

AbRoMoV

Für immer frei und ungeteilt.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2180 posts
  • XWIS Name: ZooM

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

I want to see Arctic Circle if possible or Depth Charge :D

Edited by AbRoMoV, 27 November 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#50 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • XWIS Name: djaningar

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

All I know is im a be clicking on rhinos all day "ready comrade" and its gonna be fucking awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users