Photo

Edd vs Piners

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will come out victorious?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Who will come out victorious?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts
  • XWIS Name: Edd

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:40 AM

For those of you who don't know about this challenge; Piners claims that Sovs are just WAY too OP and that 60% of the maps favor sovs.  I (a soviet player) challenged him (an allied player) to a series however, I will be allieds and he will be sovs.  I will stream this series, I believe it's going to happen on Sunday night so tune in.  

www.twitch.tv/vLtality <-- my stream channel.

Time - Sunday

Give your predictions!

ggs!  Final score Edd 10 Piners 5.

Maps played:

Heartland - Edd

Tournament Map A - Edd

Heck RvR - Edd

Golden State Valley - Edd

Golden State Fwy - Piners

Tournament Map B - Edd

Heck Corners - Piners

Little Piece of Islands - Edd

Morningtide - Piners

Caverns of Siberia - Edd

Snow Valley - Piners

South Pacific - Edd

Landmarks - Edd

Divide and Conquer - Piners

Montana DMZ - Edd

Allies win this round!

For those who didnt catch the stream, full series can be found in my twitch.

http://www.twitch.tv/vltality/profile/pastBroadcasts

Edited by Edd, 03 December 2013 - 08:12 AM.

#2 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:27 AM

50% of maps are total sov maps. 30% give sov slight advantage, 15% its even. and 5% allies have slight advantage

go edd go

#3 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

I dont want to miss this stream! Give us a time!

#4 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

I'm sure they will further into the week ;)

#5 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

Oh and dont forget we Euro nubs live in a different timezone, dont stream in the middle of the night (our time).

#6 Enj0y

Enj0y

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • XWIS Name: Enj0y

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

Don't think I seen you play allied Edd, I'll be watching the stream for sure.

Edit: Make sure it saved so if any one miss it we can watch it later thanks.

Edited by Enj0y, 26 November 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#7 lukke

lukke

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

Finally some action around here :) go go go i def watch.

#8 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15264 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

Good luck to both - should be entertaining :)

#9 SensFaiL

SensFaiL

Allies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9413 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

Edd will stomp, easier to go from sovs to allies then allies to sovs. And I know from experience because my sovs suck lol

#10 game1

game1

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

I'm sure you will win as allied, i proved already piners wrong that allieds can own soviet in any map. I won him on secrets with allied :p on soviet maps. So if i can beat him as allied ( even tho im soviet player) Should be no problem for u winning him the series without any problem. I ve see your allieds and it pwns edd. GL BRO

Edited by mzjpk, 26 November 2013 - 11:33 AM.

#11 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

Sounds good;) Its a bit far-fetched claiming soviet to be way to OP imo. Since allieds has reached rank 1 several times. And its fairly common to see atleast 1 allieds in top 5. The game is almost only skill-based (imo) and perhaps Piners is right that given both players play perfectly then soviet has the advantage, this claim would be supported by the fact that most ppl in top 5 or whatever play mainly soviet. But since the game is almost only based on skill a good enough allied (theoretically) should be able to beat any current soviet user. The more skilled player will win this, regardless of they being allied or soviet, imo. (unless you only play maps that heavily favours soviet or allied, but it seems you wont so this is irrilevant)

Also in theory. Korea is most likely the best country in the game, not iraq. Simply beacuse planes actually can shoot an infinite amouth of missiles without even having to reload with only a few seconds between each shoot. And black eagles are the strongest. This can be done in theory if there is no lag at all. So does this makes Korea the best country? despite this being impossible to reproduce in a real game? (except maybe once if your really lucky) or is the strongest country the best country in practise and that is being played by a human? Gotta define that also before claiming a certain side or country is superior.

Edited by Drasten, 26 November 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#12 AbRoMoV

AbRoMoV

Für immer frei und ungeteilt.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2180 posts
  • XWIS Name: ZooM

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

Oh and dont forget we Euro nubs live in a different timezone, dont stream in the middle of the night (our time).

#13 HCKiD

HCKiD

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1347 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

teach him a lesson

#14 SensFaiL

SensFaiL

Allies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9413 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

Sounds good;) Its a bit far-fetched claiming soviet to be way to OP imo. Since allieds has reached rank 1 several times. And its fairly common to see atleast 1 allieds in top 5. The game is almost only skill-based (imo) and perhaps Piners is right that given both players play perfectly then soviet has the advantage, this claim would be supported by the fact that most ppl in top 5 or whatever play mainly soviet. But since the game is almost only based on skill a good enough allied (theoretically) should be able to beat any current soviet user. The more skilled player will win this, regardless of they being allied or soviet, imo. (unless you only play maps that heavily favours soviet or allied, but it seems you wont so this is irrilevant)

Also in theory. Korea is most likely the best country in the game, not iraq. Simply beacuse planes actually can shoot an infinite amouth of missiles without even having to reload with only a few seconds between each shoot. And black eagles are the strongest. This can be done in theory if there is no lag at all. So does this makes Korea the best country? despite this being impossible to reproduce in a real game? (except maybe once if your really lucky) or is the strongest country the best country in practise and that is being played by a human? Gotta define that also before claiming a certain side or country is superior.

That was real deep bro

#15 DryFeet

DryFeet

joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

tbh I don't think the tiny reso can handle edd's splits... Sov tanks are slow you know Frank :p 10-6  to Edd

#16 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15264 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

tbh I don't think the tiny reso can handle edd's splits... Sov tanks are slow you know Frank :p 10-6  to Edd

i disagree as frank is used to using 800 x 600 and regularly handles splits with it. 

#17 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

Piners got big words for some1 who rarely competes in the single ladder. Ill go for tha EddNator

#18 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

Oldskool days, sovs OP due to maps.  Players still got rank 1 with allieds. 

Nowadays, Allies OP due to maps.  Allied players just suck with the exception of a handful.  That's the problem.

It isn't so much about the faction than it is the players.  To each their own opinion.  This will be an endless debate/argument. 

Win or Lose, I will stand by this.  

#19 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

Out of around 100 rank 1s that have been on XWIS (~ 9 years), how many do you think were allied? I'd say less than 20. Does that mean anything?

Which players managed to get rank 1 with allies? Wonna, Veg, Marko... who else? I don't think Sam ever managed to get it and he was one of the best allied players ever. Not sure if Marsh and Adam ever got it on RA2 but they might have (in months where Marko didn't play).

Edited by dsector, 26 November 2013 - 09:39 PM.

#20 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

It certainly means nothing conclusive.

Marsh did get rank 1.
Adam too

Edited by rumblesom, 26 November 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#21 Edd

Edd

I LoVe LiZa

• Bounty Hunters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4105 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

Out of around 100 rank 1s that have been on XWIS, how many do you think were allied? I'd say less than 20. Does that mean anything?

Which players managed to get rank 1 with allies? Wonna, Veg, Marko... who else? I don't think Sam ever managed to get it and he was one of the best allied players ever. Not sure if Marsh and Adam ever got it on RA2 but they might have (in months where Marko didn't play).

You're right.  There's been more sovs who are ranked 1.  What's the ratio of allied players vs sovs though?  Who have better odds?  Now lets imagine 10 Vegs, 10 Adams, 10 w0nnas, 10 Sams, 10 Sashs (Skill leveled allieds) vs just a handful of good sovs.  What would the odds be?  Being realistic here.  

Let it be known that Veg, w0nna and I guess ill add Acidtank all achieved rank 1 on the oldskool maps which highly favor sovs while the game had thousands of players.

Edited by Edd, 26 November 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#22 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

You both missed the point.

If only 5-6 players ever managed to get rank 1 with allies, that certainly means something CONCLUSIVE.

Even if there were 10 of each allied player like you said, soviet players like Marko, Tomi in his prime, Sash etc would have been the ones getting rank 1s in that case as well. This has nothing to do with odds. You could have 1 million allied players. The odds that an excellent soviet player will beat them all are the same as when there only 1000.

Josh, I don't think I've ever seen you play with allies. Perhaps you should try?

Edited by dsector, 26 November 2013 - 10:17 PM.

#23 iMsKyHigH

iMsKyHigH

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

Is this a joke?? I cannot believe this is even being considered. You do all realize that 90% of the NEW maps are completely soviet dominated. The allied power plant builds slower, grizzly tanks are plastic, and on these NEW maps, spawns are ridiculously close. It is pretty easy to talk until you have rhinos in your base with a low economy, struggling to get an afc up. Not to mention, defending (outnumbered) with plastic tanks. 

Yes that is a very good point you make Mikoz. As if 38/4 with 1k points after playing the soviet faction after three days of practice. When has Edd had over 700 points with allies? Go pump more dogs mikoz... i don't think you play with enough. 

Adam, why don't you play PiNeRs on the last day of the ladder next time...instead of getting me banned by bailing him. 

Despite some of the nonsense above,

Good luck to Edd, Good luck to Frank.  

10-2 (maybe 3) Frank. 

#24 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • XWIS Name: djaningar

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

lol thanks for the support bro. gl edd. im excited for this match