#26 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

How can you disagree? rocketeers are good but they are more of a support unit. They do have alot of weaknessess and they die quick especially if you cluster them up, they arent that cheap either. If you send in 5-10 in an enemy base and he for instance pops a cannon or a patriot missile, you will loose a few rockies, even if you retreat quickly. Even a flak track can kill close to 10 rockies if you control it right. So they have some units that counters them hard. A rhinotank on the other hand is a unit that you can spam through the whole game and rely on as your main-attack force and it has not any big weaknessess. If allied for example had rhinos rather then rockies they would almost always end up in rank 1. Imagine iraq without desos but with black eagles, snipers, cannons or airdrop. That would be very similar to an allied country with rhinos rather then rockies.

intresting, what would you think if allied had the soviet special units, and sovs had the allied ones? america with deso's, iraq with paras etc.

#27 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

intresting, what would you think if allied had the soviet special units, and sovs had the allied ones? america with deso's, iraq with paras etc.

I think the overall best special unit in this game is paradrops. Iraq with para-troopers without desos will be able to put on immense early and middle game preasure. The only downside i think would be that it would be difficult to go up against mass-mirages late-game if it gets to that point. But iraq with para-troopers should be able to put on enough preasure with the first few paras it would be difficult to beat (speaking about gi-airdrop for soviet) Imagine rhino tanks+airdrop vs grizzly tanks, you are f#cked.

I dont think america with desos without paras wouldnt be that great. Vs soviet i think most can agree that you do need paras or atleast black eagles in order to have any chance if the soviet is really skilled. If you swap that for desos you will struggle alot especially early and midddle game vs good sovs.

One intressting combo that should work fairly good is soviet with grand-cannons. I think that grand cannons would most likely compliment soviet better then allied since as soviet you got your rhinos and no need to spend money air-units. This would make it way easier to survive and hold your own early-game without being out-manouvred. Then middle and late-game you could make sure you got a cannon ready and pop if needed. Also to be placed at strategic places.

Best possible combinations i think would be Soviet with airdrop and soviet with grand cannon.

#28 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

would allies get the v3?

#29 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

Nope. They would only get the desolator and give it up for their special unit, since we are only talking about country-specific special units here. Soviet with grand cannon rather then deso would be really hard to stop. Here is a more detailed explanation why: Soviet tend to be better then allied on the ground, especially early game and especially if the allied player gives up their black eagles/paras for desos. This makes it difficult for an allied player with deso as special unit to rush the soviet with grand cannon early on and take early map-controle. This would allow the soviet-country to keep expanding and be at a huge-lead late game since now they can always have a cannon ready. The allied lacks a good unit to counter cannons with also. Prism tank is their best bet since it got about the same range. But since the cannon 1-2 shoot them its not cost-effective, you will loose more prismtanks in the process then the cannons cost. So soviet with cannon would be really effective vs allied.

#30 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

Then it's Iraq with no desos and gc vs France with no gc and desos ?

#31 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

The question was how soviet/allied would do if you switched their special units around. Like for instance Usa with desos rather then air-drop and Iraq with airdrop rather then Deso. Or iraq with grand cannon rather then deso.

#32 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

Excluding player ability, I think the outcome would be dependant on the faction match up (Iraq vs France for example), and map/spawn selection.

I assume Iraq would deploy a conscript para drop?

#33 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

I assumed they would deploy gi;s just like usa paradrop. If they deployed connies it wouldnt be as good.

#34 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

Wayne was the video you watched created by Dsector? I watched a game XWIS vs Chinese player on his channel and the deso deploys as part of a waypoint i think. Not sure how its done though.

#35 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

I think this is the video you're referring to but this is just me trying to get out of way point mode :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKkftEhMMDQ#t=281

I pressed D to deploy the desolator.

I'm pretty sure auto-deploy is not possible.

#36 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

Wayne was the video you watched created by Dsector? I watched a game XWIS vs Chinese player on his channel and the deso deploys as part of a waypoint i think. Not sure how its done though.

I just did thanks.

I think this is the video you're referring to but this is just me trying to get out of way point mode :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKkftEhMMDQ#t=281

I pressed D to deploy the desolator.

I'm pretty sure auto-deploy is not possible.

The problem is that this is not the 1st time i see it. there is another video of a player doing it. the only thing i remenber from that video is that he fought on "Morningtide" map.

When i find the other video i will open other topic about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users