8 replies to this topic

#1 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:43 AM

I was reading the topic "Best 2on2 Duo of all time?" and after read it i am wondering how to be a good partner for a 2 v 2? beyond know the map and good communication.

#2 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:45 AM

Stopping splits and beaconing when opponent has afc up. Or just beaconing anything you think May affect your opponent or game,

#3 SensFaiL

SensFaiL

Allies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9413 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

With my experience in 2v2 I've found you need 2 players who feed off eachothers strengths and can compensate for eachother's weaknesses. That's why many of the best 2v2 partners were generally around the same skill level but there playstyles were usually very different to eachother. In my experience in 2v2 I always needed the stable sov partner because my playstyle was always more aggressive with allies. That's why some of my best partners like Jun, JJ, and tom2cool melded with me so well, they added stability to my more reckless playstyle. You get to a point as well where your communication is so good mainly because you know your partner so well that the games just flow. It's to bad this game isn't as active as it once was there was nothing better then playing the best duos at the time over and over on heck. For me that was always the best part of Ra2 the 2v2 clanning.

Edited by SensFaiL, 16 November 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#4 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

I remember having plenty of games vs -war-, you summed it up well there Seth that you learn each other's game and then befor long you just work well together

#5 SensFaiL

SensFaiL

Allies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9413 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

I miss those days, was so fun.

#6 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

Well from playing with Brett, here are traits from top 2v2ers.

Vision:Being aware of the whole map.
I can't do this in 2v2 anymore, but even back then with lower reso, being able to know what's going on with the majority of the map, sometimes Brett would beacon Me when my guy was splitting, and vice versa.
Being aware of all 4 players*

Strategies: playing with each other for so long you develop strategies, and tactics for certain maps, as well as just in general. A (bad?)example would be (one person sells mcv, one builds 3 miners)

Teamwork: knowing when to press, where to press, what to attack, and when to back off. For example

You have 2 rhinos w/3 rocky support vs 3 rhinos w/flak.
You would take out the flak for your partners rockies, or..

You stop a split at your partners base and have 2 rhinos there, and your partner is allied. Now your 2 tanks become part of his army.

Possibilities are many!

Communication:
Obviously you need communication because games can play out differently.
Beacons are important.
When me and Brett played, we did our fair share of talking, but most of the game was chatting with the opponent lol, because we knew how each other played so well, we could taunt opponents while we played >:l

Trust:
You should believe that when your partner says he's going to do something, 9/10 times it will happen.

If you don't trust your partner, you do not think he's good and some things that could happen are..
You could overwhelm yourself trying to do too much.
You may hesitate to act because you want results before you move, so your timing could be off.

And benefits of having trust:
Could provide some relief with having to watch areas of the map,
Timing is perfect when starting a pressure or action.
Etc...

Edited by ExpaNd, 16 November 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#7 AMadKirov

AMadKirov

Bad?Aim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

thankz yall

#8 lmworried

lmworried

Korean Warlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Practise! The more you play with a partner the better you become!

#9 Bigfatrat

Bigfatrat

Lieutenant

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

Working together! My favorite is a team game. When I first started, I played under "finalli01" and I always found the best learning tool was to play teams. You need to have  communication between you both. I happily took the SOV's because I'm not as intricate a player for an Allie. Allies gap SOV's and keep a good eye on the map. Sov's provide blunt force when needed. It's a great way to play. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users