Yak

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • XWIS Name: Yak

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

Hey guys,

i used to play ra2 since 2005 but i used to play 2.4 beta - Total destruction version -

i was pretty good at this version and played it more than 4 years on a daily bases i was the top among all my friends,

i remember in my last days of playing these version i could win vs 7 brutal enemies on heck with SW ON !! then i stopped playing ra2.

2 years ago i started to play again but i started to play 1.006 because 2.4 no longer playing nowadays i guess,

it's by far different than 2.4 in everything - micro / units / eco and even the maps -, so in the very beginning of playing 1.006 i was very confused but step by step i started to recognize the difference.

mason helped me alot till i became good - to some extend - in 1.006, of course i'm very thankful and grateful.

but from the previous 2 or 3 months till now, i feel like i'm not getting better anymore !! like i reached a certain level which i cannot exceed

mason told me that there's a certain level who most of players reach then they can hardly exceed that level !!

i keep playing quick matches / clan matches but as i said i don't feel that i'm getting that better !! for sure i'm getting better but not the noticeable improvement + i lose alot of games because of some silly mistakes !! pfff

so, can anyone tell me more briefly about that level who most of players can not exceed ? and what's the best ways so you can keep getting better all the time  

#2 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."

This can be applied to RA2 as well. You won't improve if you keep using the same strategies / tactics that don't seem to work too well. It's not enough to just practice the same thing over and over again. This will only get you to a certain level. Then you will stagnate.

#3 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."

This can be applied to RA2 as well. You won't improve if you keep using the same strategies / tactics that don't seem to work too well. It's not enough to just practice the same thing over and over again. This will only get you to a certain level. Then you will stagnate.

This is true too I suppose.

#4 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

you should always get better, at everything you do.

just don't hit 0 dollars ever. and try not to make mistakes etc... like forgetting tanks, building things you don't need, Mis-clicking.

Make sure you are always doing something, and always planning your next move, But be prepared to change your plans if something doesn't go the way you expect it to!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users