22 replies to this topic

#1 YelIowish

YelIowish

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

Auto SS taker is probably the greatest thing invented by Olaf (no, I do not like him very much), but we need to do more to root out mappers/foggers/cheaters. I believe they are still among us, they play QMs, CMs, FFGs... And we let them to do so by keeping the patch optional (not sure if making it obligatory is possible though). Who cares they are removed from HOFs? They still ruin the show.
So now I decided to put my great plan into operation. As Auto SS taker is not obligatory for QMs/CMs, I'm going to DC every player without Auto SS while loading (you won't lose points, don't worry). If i don't know someone, I may play 1 game, check stats to see SSs and if they're not there, add that nick to my DC-list. It's even easier in CM/FFG, I can check it before the game.
Yes, it might need some work (not so much though) at the beginning, I'll waste some time re-opening my RA2, but suspect will have to do the same thing. And if more people do this, it will be extremely annoying for those without Auto SS, probable cheaters.
So join me in this great DC operation. Let's turn cheaters' life into hell ;) They'll stop cheating and install it, which is good, they'll stop playing, which is good, or they'll be raging, which is the best.

#2 HCKiD

HCKiD

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1347 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

im not going to do this

i rather slap those cheaters in game

games buddy? now?

Edited by xmaroonx, 13 August 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#3 SoVsOrDiE

SoVsOrDiE

Music is my religion!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3666 posts
  • XWIS Name: SoVsOrDiE

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

im not going to do this

QFT!

#4 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15264 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

im not going to do this

games buddy? now?

QFT

Sabotaging your internet connection on purpose is bannable.

Do not do this. 

#5 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

Auto SS taker is probably the greatest thing invented by Olaf (no, I do not like him very much), but we need to do more to root out mappers/foggers/cheaters. I believe they are still among us, they play QMs, CMs, FFGs... And we let them to do so by keeping the patch optional (not sure if making it obligatory is possible though). Who cares they are removed from HOFs? They still ruin the show.
So now I decided to put my great plan into operation. As Auto SS taker is not obligatory for QMs/CMs, I'm going to DC every player without Auto SS while loading (you won't lose points, don't worry). If i don't know someone, I may play 1 game, check stats to see SSs and if they're not there, add that nick to my DC-list. It's even easier in CM/FFG, I can check it before the game.
Yes, it might need some work (not so much though) at the beginning, I'll waste some time re-opening my RA2, but suspect will have to do the same thing. And if more people do this, it will be extremely annoying for those without Auto SS, probable cheaters.
So join me in this great DC operation. Let's turn cheaters' life into hell ;) They'll stop cheating and install it, which is good, they'll stop playing, which is good, or they'll be raging, which is the best.

While i like your enthuiasm and understand your point ill tell you now if you do this, you will be told to stop. If you dont like cheaters, start running xgs aswell as auto ss and posting your suspects in the fair play forum.

#6 Pompski

Pompski

Emilio's Owner

• Strike Team
  • 19855 posts
  • XWIS Name: Pomp

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

Im sorry but if I start seeing some disconnections in your stats then you are going down.

Why stoop to their level? 

#7 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

Im sorry but if I start seeing some disconnections in your stats then you are going down.

Well Said.

#8 YelIowish

YelIowish

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

im not going to do this

Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't, but you give them what they want - games.

Sabotaging your internet connection on purpose is bannable.

Do not do this. 

Maybe it's time to say „good bye”.

If you dont like cheaters, start running xgs aswell as auto ss and posting your suspects in the fair play forum.

We all know that it doesn't work against smart cheaters with psychic lines, clear fog and other cool things as they know they have to fake scouting.

Okay Sir, that's your duty, so feel free. But I don't agree with the second part. And I believe that all your good anti-cheat work is wasted by leaving them a way out.

#9 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't, but you give them what they want - games.

Maybe it's time to say „good bye”.

We all know that it doesn't work against smart cheaters with psychic lines, clear fog and other cool things as they know they have to fake scouting.

Okay Sir, that's your duty, so feel free. But I don't agree with the second part. And I believe that all your good anti-cheat work is wasted by leaving them a way out.

they may not be so easily caught with psy lines fogging etc but pointing them out and making the whole commmunity know puts them under pressure. Cheaters under pressure ussually mess up.

#10 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

you cant prove a fogger / psylines that has no auto ss. 

#11 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

you cant prove a fogger / psylines that has no auto ss. 

not in literal terms no. You can help try though,.

#12 Rocker219

Rocker219

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

Yellowish all I can say is that if your still losing to foggers and mappers then you've most def dropped in skill.

I think your a great allied player,

I also think your completely ignorant in making this topic. How about players such as myself? Who are unable to play ra2 with the auto ss uploader because of windows 8 and choose not to Do the unnecessary work involved to get it running?

Oh and before you tell me to just "install windows 7" I tried that and it didn't work.

I think its time to grow up a bit. Just to assume everyone not using the auto ss uploader is "obviously" cheating is stupid childish.

#13 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:10 AM

Yellowish, it's not the first time you come around here and talk about turning into a cheater. To be honest, we don't want to hear it. We go out of our way to get all the cheaters out of the server while maintaining innocent players safe from getting banned. If you think cheating is a solution to your problem, go ahead and solve it. We'll make sure to solve ours when/if you become a problem

#14 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

not in literal terms no. You can help try though,.

To be perfectly honest, if it "helped" as you suggest, then people would do it.

But there isn't any way of proving that they are using psychic lines / fog if they do not use auto ss / don't post any ss's. This is the truth, and therefore posting cheat reports / fair play reports would only warn people of "suspicious" play, nothing more / less. (in my opinion of course)

#15 YelIowish

YelIowish

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

Yellowish all I can say is that if your still losing to foggers and mappers then you've most def dropped in skill.

Where did I say that? It has nothing to do with my skills.

I also think your completely ignorant in making this topic. How about players such as myself? Who are unable to play ra2 with the auto ss uploader because of windows 8 and choose not to Do the unnecessary work involved to get it running?

Oh and before you tell me to just "install windows 7" I tried that and it didn't work.

So you're saying that it's possible to use the Auto SS Taker on Windows 8, but you won't, becuase you're too lazy to support the cheat war? Or you just can't run it on Windows 8? If 1, I'm really sorry to hear that. If 2, that's a rational argument and I believe it should be solved, if possible.

I think its time to grow up a bit. Just to assume everyone not using the auto ss uploader is "obviously" cheating is stupid childish.

Can you quote that assumption, please?

Calling someone childish just because you don't agree with your interlocutor is pretty childish as well.

Oh, and the whole Auto SS taker initiative is based on the idea that people prove they're innocent (cheat-free). If they don't decide to prove it, they're automatically suspects (that's why they're removed from HoFs).

Yellowish, it's not the first time you come around here and talk about turning into a cheater. To be honest, we don't want to hear it. We go out of our way to get all the cheaters out of the server while maintaining innocent players safe from getting banned. If you think cheating is a solution to your problem, go ahead and solve it. We'll make sure to solve ours when/if you become a problem

BlueBala, it's not the first time you come around here and show your lack of understanding.
What was the other "turning into a cheater" conversation about? Hm, let me guess.

(CHEAT REPORTS SECTION):

Yellowish: This guy has 123 DCs in 234 games and all 123 when he was clearly losing.
BlueBala: Points were awarded, not proven.
Yellowish: So it's allowed do DC?
BlueBala: No, it's not allowed.
Yellowish: But he does and won't be punished.
BlueBala: That's correct.
Yellowish: So that's not cheating and anybody can do it. Okay, I'm going to do this (sarcasm included to force you to think about it (the rule that can be and is abused by some), but I see I failed miserably as you don't understand a non-literal meaning).

Funny thing though, if you declare you'll imitate a non-cheater behaviour, you'll be called cheater. Consistency, please!

That's not my problem, that's our problem.

I'm just worried that after all the hard work Olaf did, admins did, you still let them the ability to cheat easily and never be caught (if they're not dumb enough).
You waste your own effort, at least a part of it.

#16 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

To be perfectly honest, if it "helped" as you suggest, then people would do it.

But there isn't any way of proving that they are using psychic lines / fog if they do not use auto ss / don't post any ss's. This is the truth, and therefore posting cheat reports / fair play reports would only warn people of "suspicious" play, nothing more / less. (in my opinion of course)

Look at these reports

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/174114-impaf-causes-recon-errorbt32-12-08-2013/

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/174114-impaf-causes-recon-errorbt32-12-08-2013/

2 foghackers, now i never knew who any of these players where or that they where suspects untill  the community started putting pressure on them and asking for them to be dealt with. If your sure, id much rather have you point the finger so we can investigate matter further, simply sitting not saying anything doesnt give the bounty hunters target's, you want to help then you should point them out so we can hunt them down.

So you're saying that it's possible to use the Auto SS Taker on Windows 8, but you won't, becuase you're too lazy to support the cheat war? Or you just can't run it on Windows 8? If 1, I'm really sorry to hear that. If 2, that's a rational argument and I believe it should be solved, if possible.

Calling someone childish just because you don't agree with your interlocutor is pretty childish as well.

Oh, and the whole Auto SS taker initiative is based on the idea that people prove they're innocent (cheat-free). If they don't decide to prove it, they're automatically suspects (that's why they're removed from HoFs).

BlueBala, it's not the first time you come around here and show your lack of understanding.
What was the other "turning into a cheater" conversation about? Hm, let me guess.

(CHEAT REPORTS SECTION):

Yellowish: This guy has 123 DCs in 234 games and all 123 when he was clearly losing.
Yellowish: So that's not cheating and anybody can do it. Okay, I'm going to do this (sarcasm included to force you to think about it (the rule that can be and is abused by some), but I see I failed miserably as you don't understand a non-literal meaning).

Funny thing though, if you declare you'll imitate a non-cheater behaviour, you'll be called cheater. Consistency, please!

I'm just worried that after all the hard work Olaf did, admins did, you still let them the ability to cheat easily and never be caught (if they're not dumb enough).

I find this quite insulting to be honest. We ban player's based on evidence and rules. Did we decide what evidence and rules where needed? No we didnt, we arent here to make the rules we are here to enforce them. Yes i completely understand your underlying point, The DC example your reffering to is a rule we all know has its flaws but none-the-less its a rule we must follow. Your attitude of "sinking to their level" wont help you or anyone else.

#17 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

Sorry it's you who doesn't understand. 

#18 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

It's not possible to use the auto-ss version of the games on Windows 8

#19 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:56 AM

Is this thread a joke?  :spam:

As for emi's verdict on that cheat report on the washer with 100+ dc's. 

Anyone can get the points if they wait for the timer to run down to zero, the opponent's base blows up and you win, the game gets recorded and it's all good, minus the waste of waiting.

When ever some one clicks quit instead the game is usually not properly recorded, which warrants a cheat report. So you're saying that the guy get's off the hook, because he's lucky?

That's ridiculous, so if some one has a bad connection in the future, I can just click quit and report them with a more of a chance of them getting banned, good to know. Nice biased loop hole you guys got there.

Edited by FReQuEnZy, 17 August 2013 - 02:01 AM.

#20 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:47 AM

Is this thread a joke?  :spam:

As for emi's verdict on that cheat report on the washer with 100+ dc's. 

Anyone can get the points if they wait for the timer to run down to zero, the opponent's base blows up and you win, the game gets recorded and it's all good, minus the waste of waiting.

When ever some one clicks quit instead the game is usually not properly recorded, which warrants a cheat report. So you're saying that the guy get's off the hook, because he's lucky?

That's ridiculous, so if some one has a bad connection in the future, I can just click quit and report them with a more of a chance of them getting banned, good to know. Nice biased loop hole you guys got there.

Sorry, what verdict?

#21 Ownrage

Ownrage

Souljah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • XWIS Name: owsum

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:29 AM

Sorry, what verdict?

#22 Rocker219

Rocker219

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

(CHEAT REPORTS SECTION):

Windows 8 and auto ss do not work. I would have to do a lot of stuff I don't want to do for a dead game that has like 30 people worth playing on at different times? sorry, I can just go to sc2 click match making and 5 sec later games. Thx but no thx, if there is a fix for windows 8 then ill prolly qm again.

And to say there is a "cheat-war" Honestly bro when do you play!!!! I would love to play vs anyone good even if they cheat! Im always on and its always like 1-2 other people that can chat on.

#23 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

Only the original CD version works on Windows 8. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users