15 replies to this topic

#1 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

Tips please? What to build? how to tech? Etc. Basically everything as I've only played Yuri a few [hundred] times like 10 years ago.

#2 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:18 PM

I havent done it in years mate but disks mags master minds and gats. YvY is incredibly boring imo

#3 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

I havent done it in years mate but disks mags master minds and gats. YvY is incredibly boring imo

I prefer mirror in qm. so thats why im askin

#4 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:08 AM

disks, mags, gats, bunkers, camp
masterminds aren't really that useful yvy

#5 DrVanNostrand

DrVanNostrand

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5114 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

im not expert in yvy, but i would guess, that smart miner use will give most advantage of all matchups in YvY

#6 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

disks, mags, gats, bunkers, camp
masterminds aren't really that useful yvy

i tend to remember master mids being very important as when u get a few master minds near the enemy in a battle and them near urs u lose all your units and gain all theres lol but its mainly disks mags and gats yea

#7 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

i tend to remember master mids being very important as when u get a few master minds near the enemy in a battle and them near urs u lose all your units and gain all theres lol but its mainly disks mags and gats yea

yeah but mms can't control disks which are the most important unit in yvy, I'm pretty sure it just ends up being a mass disk shit show with a ton of bunkers in each base and mags

#8 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

im not expert in yvy, but i would guess, that smart miner use will give most advantage of all matchups in YvY

can you elaborate?

#9 Chrisev

Chrisev

CnCSaga Staff since 2009

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9132 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrisev

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

I've never play YvY for real, but i think some beginner with the Yuri faction have always a chance to beat a good Yr players.

#10 AaSoVGoD

AaSoVGoD

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4319 posts
  • XWIS Name: AaSoVGoD

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5XCvFskhl4&list=PLXxPgF5BAjtCtwLXqcWWW6CBISUopu6Vh&index=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm1HIZKtHeM&list=PLXxPgF5BAjtCtwLXqcWWW6CBISUopu6Vh&index=46

can you elaborate?

You can tell if a player is a new or good player by the way they place the slave miners and how many slave miners are on each patch. Usually a good player will have 3 slave miners maxi on 1 ore field and keep slave miner control by having them evenly spaced from each other and moving them closer to the ore when needed. Also you should know how many slave miners to make at the start of the game from war factory and where the gem patches are on every map. Usually the best idea is moving the miner right away to the gems.

Typical build order: bio reactor, barracks, miner, war fac (1-2 miner depending on opponent and map), miner, miner, lab (psychic dom + mutator), war fac, war fac, miner, warfac

On bridge and water maps in yvy you can break the bridges with a brute or lasher and mass disks and some boomers to attack their base...Some players like massing boomers but that gives you advantage in land units like gatling tanks mags and disks. Place gatling bunkers around the perimeter of the base with some mags to defend from boomers. Disks are also good vs boomer missiles. Getting the dominator before your opponent gives you an advantage.

If the map allows and your opponent is out tanked, you can end the game early with 3 lashers and 2 mags 2 mm's and 1 gat as shown in the 2nd vid. This is the basic unit build for the start of the game. IF the yuri player rushes you make a gat bunker while he's coming to your base. That will stall him and he will go back.. Late game is mostly disks and a few mags..you probably won't need more than 2 magnetrons if you have enough disks and a couple of mm's with gats. If he's camping with bunkers and cannons, keep massing disks. If your opponent is not camping, make some gatlings (as many as you can) after you have 8 disks. If he starts to make masterminds to counter your gats, continue to mass disks or match him in masterminds. That way you keep a balance.

Some players like to make a lot of magnetrons and attack you quickly...All you need to stop this is a few bunkers with mags behind. Target his mags 1 by 1 with your mag from behind the bunker and you gain an advantage plus an elite gatling tank.

Edited by AaSoVGoD, 25 October 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#11 JoKuJaK

JoKuJaK

b00yaka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10846 posts
  • XWIS Name: JoKuJaK

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

a good yr rush is u tech on 3 miners (ore even without gems, 1 miner from warf) n u get clone vat for double prime along with gatts mms n magz (go attack mode when primes come out lol. 2 gatts2mags2mm. 2prime.) ^^

it beats the crap outa anything basicly but a rush self..

yr v yr Always tend to go mass disc. to avoid this u need to pressure or attack before the later part of mid-game, then u can keep a yr v yr battle more land unit wise, and for this situation to beat the yr oponent is best to have more maggz. since a counter to this battle is discs he will make discs.. in the end u wanna have more magz and more discs but its kinda continuing so it really would avoid the later game i reckon since for instance the attack danger on slave miners from the magnetron is as intense for yr as it is for any faction kind of.

yr is as op for yr as it is for any faction.

mutators virusses magz gatts mm yr primes slave miners MAGZ. seriously.. its insane to play yr. Lol.

i remember like yr was released in nov 2001? and around the year 2003 noone play yr but only sovs n allies l0l

just to much power to handle! if ya have a life on the side! dam yr!

Edited by JoKuJaK, 30 October 2013 - 11:44 PM.

#12 NeeLix

NeeLix

Bless you !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

in early game just mags and gats but if u match a camper in qm just mass discs and if water is available boomers thats all and never mass masterminds completely bs 1 max 2 enough 

a whole army should consists of 4-5 gats 3-4 mags 1-2 master and rest discs and u got it 

#13 AaSoVGoD

AaSoVGoD

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4319 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

a good yr rush is u tech on 3 miners (ore even without gems, 1 miner from warf) n u get clone vat for double prime along with gatts mms n magz (go attack mode when primes come out lol. 2 gatts2mags2mm. 2prime.) ^^

it beats the crap outa anything basicly but a rush self..

yr v yr Always tend to go mass disc. to avoid this u need to pressure or attack before the later part of mid-game, then u can keep a yr v yr battle more land unit wise, and for this situation to beat the yr oponent is best to have more maggz. since a counter to this battle is discs he will make discs.. in the end u wanna have more magz and more discs but its kinda continuing so it really would avoid the later game i reckon since for instance the attack danger on slave miners from the magnetron is as intense for yr as it is for any faction kind of.

yr is as op for yr as it is for any faction.

mutators virusses magz gatts mm yr primes slave miners MAGZ. seriously.. its insane to play yr. Lol.

i remember like yr was released in nov 2001? and around the year 2003 noone play yr but only sovs n allies l0l

just to much power to handle! if ya have a life on the side! dam yr!

this rush can work if they don't scout you well and don't expect it. On a larger map and against someone who's able to counter a couple of bunkers will stop the 3 miner tec /vat/ grind mcv rush. This type of rush would be nice vs a sov player on some annoying map like hammer and sickle where seige choppers kick your ***

yr v yr is mostly spam disks but mags can be a nuisance because they can juggle your units. You can choose to do a few things against an aggressive player who likes to attack you:  build some gat bunkers around the perimeter of your base and wait for your sw while massing disks or match his units and choose your battle wisely. If its a big map you need the same amount of disks with decent land force consisting of gats, some mags and a couple of mm's so you can defend your miners if they go mining in a far off ore patch.

As yr you can counter someone with 3-4 mags even if you have less mags (like 2-3 mags vs 4-5mags) by using better micro and click on the opponent mags 1 by 1 with your own magnetron instead of ctrl shift auto magging. That way the opponent magnetron become ''paralysed'' 

In a mirror battle its important to micro your units this way: magnetron vs magnetron, disk vs mastermind, and keep your gattlings away from their mm's. also micro your disks in a way for them to avoid gatling tank fire.

Edited by AaSoVGoD, 01 November 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#14 Yak

Yak

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • XWIS Name: Yak

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

You need to go fast radar so you can make a fast mags !! on certain maps the 1st to build up mag win the game !!

auto magging also very critical and useful, then you can go some gats with mags and try to make a pressure

later on make 2 or 3 master mind as a max then mass descs !!

you can tech on 3 or 4 miner slaves depending on the maps / situation if SW on or no

#15 AaSoVGoD

AaSoVGoD

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4319 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

Don't make radar with 3 miners on non-gem maps. Your eco will be bad.

#16 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

this rush can work if they don't scout you well and don't expect it. On a larger map and against someone who's able to counter a couple of bunkers will stop the 3 miner tec /vat/ grind mcv rush. This type of rush would be nice vs a sov player on some annoying map like hammer and sickle where seige choppers kick your ***

yr v yr is mostly spam disks but mags can be a nuisance because they can juggle your units. You can choose to do a few things against an aggressive player who likes to attack you:  build some gat bunkers around the perimeter of your base and wait for your sw while massing disks or match his units and choose your battle wisely. If its a big map you need the same amount of disks with decent land force consisting of gats, some mags and a couple of mm's so you can defend your miners if they go mining in a far off ore patch.

As yr you can counter someone with 3-4 mags even if you have less mags (like 2-3 mags vs 4-5mags) by using better micro and click on the opponent mags 1 by 1 with your own magnetron instead of ctrl shift auto magging. That way the opponent magnetron become ''paralysed'' 

In a mirror battle its important to micro your units this way: magnetron vs magnetron, disk vs mastermind, and keep your gattlings away from their mm's. also micro your disks in a way for them to avoid gatling tank fire.

I dont think that rush would work on hammer vs a decent Sov, as soon as i seen you teching fast id blow the bridge and camp up while teching myself on a miner more than you, remembering you would probably be attacking me blind as its very easy for sovs to scout + anti scout on this map, i think if your eco permitted you to throw a boomer into that rush somehow it may be much more effective though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users