Yak

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • XWIS Name: Yak

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

Hi Guys,

after installing autoss, i have to wait NOT LESS than 5 mins after each game so that the ss could be uploaded !! 

that's really pissed me off !!

waiting 5 mins after each game to have a re !! ? or to re-connect !! ? really Lame

any ideas ?

#2 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

What's your problem?

Never heard about waiting 5 minutes before continuing a series because of loading up ss's. 

#3 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

there was a delayed patch in the old version i believe all ss's uplaod at the end of the game now (not entirely sure), can you post your upload speed? you will find it at www.speedtest.net

#4 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

You are doing too much for this community old Scott.

Rest down, make some fun outside!

#5 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

You are doing too much for this community old Scott.

Rest down, make some fun outside!

Thats what the weekends are for :D but stay on topic plz :p

#6 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

Hi Guys,

after installing autoss, i have to wait NOT LESS than 5 mins after each game so that the ss could be uploaded !! 

that's really pissed me off !!

waiting 5 mins after each game to have a re !! ? or to re-connect !! ? really Lame

any ideas ?

Bad upload speed. As Jason said, the ss's are being uploaded after the game instead of during. This was implemented so people wouldn't complain about lag.

#7 Ownrage

Ownrage

Souljah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • XWIS Name: owsum

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

I also had to wait little bit (about 10 seconds :crybaby: )  but not 5 minutes lol.

That's because we have slow upload speed.

If you play on high resolution you can lower it  so screenshot size will be much smaller and will take less time to upload.

Edited by Ownrage, 27 July 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#8 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

The latest update doesn't require you to wait while the screenshots are being uploaded, does it?

#9 Yak

Yak

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • XWIS Name: Yak

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

What's your problem?

Never heard about waiting 5 minutes before continuing a series because of loading up ss's. 

My Problem is that i have to wait after each game while the ss uploaded, and that's pissed me off

there was a delayed patch in the old version i believe all ss's uplaod at the end of the game now (not entirely sure), can you post your upload speed? you will find it at www.speedtest.net

Bad upload speed. As Jason said, the ss's are being uploaded after the game instead of during. This was implemented so people wouldn't complain about lag.

even if my speed is bad !! ? wat's the problem if i play another game while the 1st'ss being uploading ??

I also had to wait little bit (about 10 seconds :crybaby: )  but not 5 minutes lol.

That's because we have slow upload speed.

If you play on high resolution you can lower it  so screenshot size will be much smaller and will take less time to upload.

I don't use high resolution, only 1368*786

The latest update doesn't require you to wait while the screenshots are being uploaded, does it?

yea it does !! 

if it doesn't, so why i'm posting that thread ?

#10 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

...i have to wait NOT LESS than 5 mins after each game so that the ss could be uploaded !!

5 minutes??? Unless each one of your games go for like 5 hours or so, there's gotta be something wrong coz that's like using dial-up internet, which probably doesn't even exist anymore. Make sure you don't have any uploading programs running in the background like a Torrent program for example. People could be downloading from you that you're unaware of.

#11 tRiPPy

tRiPPy

cool

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2469 posts
  • XWIS Name: tRipPy

Posted 20 December 2014 - 02:28 AM

is there any sort of work around for people with horrible upload speeds? uploading a few megs worth of screenshots after every game is pretty large when i'm only uploading at 30-40kbps and the delay during the games following can be pretty awful because of it.

#12 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:16 PM

is there any sort of work around for people with horrible upload speeds? uploading a few megs worth of screenshots after every game is pretty large when i'm only uploading at 30-40kbps and the delay during the games following can be pretty awful because of it.

Don't think so, got any suggestions?
You could wait until the upload is complete before starting another match.

#13 SoVsOrDiE

SoVsOrDiE

Music is my religion!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3666 posts
  • XWIS Name: SoVsOrDiE

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:05 PM

I used to suffer from slow upload speeds some years ago and im almost certain that I made a topic (or hijacked someone elses) for an answer to it and Olaf gave me a link to a .dll file that I put in the Ra2 Registry and it uploaded ra2 SS's in the background, rather than making you wait.

Am I remembering wrongly Olaf? I'm almost certain.. ;/

#14 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:28 PM

I used to suffer from slow upload speeds some years ago and im almost certain that I made a topic (or hijacked someone elses) for an answer to it and Olaf gave me a link to a .dll file that I put in the Ra2 Registry and it uploaded ra2 SS's in the background, rather than making you wait.

Am I remembering wrongly Olaf? I'm almost certain.. ;/

I don't think it forces him to wait. He is just saying if the ss are still uploading as he starts the next game (which is likely given his slow upload speeds) then it slows the game down

#15 tRiPPy

tRiPPy

cool

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2469 posts
  • XWIS Name: tRipPy

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:19 AM

being able to upload my screenshots at more convenient times or limiting the rate at which i'm uploading I guess. I don't think people will particularly enjoy your suggestion, myself included. :)

#16 DylHole

DylHole

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4864 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:25 AM

being able to upload my screenshots at more convenient times or limiting the rate at which i'm uploading I guess. I don't think people will particularly enjoy your suggestion, myself included. :)

Who? Just wait the 30 seconds.

#17 zzattack

zzattack

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5357 posts
  • XWIS Name: zzattack

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:43 AM

how about resizing to about 1024:768 and upping jpeg compression olaf?

#18 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:08 PM

Would resizing be better than increasing compression level?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users