Photo

Serial Key(s) issue with Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge

Best Answer Seke, 19 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

I can't seem to get the downloaded copy to run properly. "This application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application." Keeps popping up. I've moved the pathing into the main folder of the game. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert II". Hopefully this can shed some light on the possible problem.

Try deleting and trying again, if it doesn't work hopefully someone with more technical expertise from the help group will help you.

also if you are trying to play yuri's  you have to install both the RA2 version and YR version at www.xwis.net/d not just RA2

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Illusionist

Illusionist

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

Two of my brothers and myself have purchased Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Collection, which includes 17 games.

We've installed our games on our own seperate computers within the same household. I've got the computers to work on Tunngle to play online. However, the computers will not connect to one another, or allow two of the same computers to be connected to the same lobby on the network. This has been confusing be greatly for the past month, and have exhausted possibilities that I know of. Again, the serial keys to our games are all legal, and game boxes purchased seperately. The game has to be run by a program called "Origin", forcing the games to be played online unfortunately.

Thank you for reading, hopefully a solution is known for this!

Edited by Illusionist, 18 June 2013 - 11:40 PM.

#2 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:59 PM

You might want to try the Ra2 version @ www.xwis.net/d .... download that and try playing ra2 with that version so you don't have to run through origin.

#3 Illusionist

Illusionist

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

I can't seem to get the downloaded copy to run properly. "This application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application." Keeps popping up. I've moved the pathing into the main folder of the game. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert II". Hopefully this can shed some light on the possible problem.

Edited by Illusionist, 19 June 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#4 apittbull

apittbull

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

[Window Title]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert II\Ra2.exe

[Content]
Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert II\Ra2.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

[OK]

I get this error when trying to launch red alert 2 from origin via command and conquer ultimate edition

I am running win7 64bit

edit-there is a virus in the download

"virus.win32.suspic.gen" - this is the exact virus that is in the download.

Download at your own risk untill ea can get this fixed

Ok this is what it is.

There is a virus attached to the red alert 2 download through origin (c&c ultimate)

Actually 2 viruses each attached to the exe files 'ra2' and 'uri'

so either let the virus have your pc and play ra2 or dont play ra2

this seems to me a pretty serious issue.

i have downloaded 2 times and tried the repair install. each time my antivirus screams at me.

i turned off my anti virus and game works fine but the virus is real ( i had to recover my harddrive)

#5 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:41 PM   Best Answer

Try deleting and trying again, if it doesn't work hopefully someone with more technical expertise from the help group will help you.

also if you are trying to play yuri's  you have to install both the RA2 version and YR version at www.xwis.net/d not just RA2

Edited by Seke, 19 June 2013 - 07:39 PM.

#6 Illusionist

Illusionist

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:16 AM

It worked this time, thank you very much guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users