#1 Micheal

Micheal

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • XWIS Name: WaSiCuNa

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

Just got slaughtered with a prism and mirage tank combination, i'm not too experienced with ra2  anyone got any good strategies for soviet vs allies?  :help:

#2 lmworried

lmworried

Korean Warlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

Deso

#3 Micheal

Micheal

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

So my best bet then would be to play as Iraq to counter this strategy if i'm going to play as soviets?

#4 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Ull find lots of video's of gameplay here http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/163378-red-alert-2-yuris-revenge-tiberian-sun-replays/

a lot of these will help you understand tactics and techniques to win games

#5 Micheal

Micheal

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

Right on, thanks

#6 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

If he gets the opportunite to mass mirage/prismtanks is has to have been a very long game, since you cant produce masses of these units quickly.

When your soviet, always be iraq, deso is extremly usefull. Use it alot!

Its better if you put preasure on your enemy and not let him spam mirages/prisms but if it gets to that point i advice you to get cloning vats and blab. Spam desos and some apoc tanks. About 8 desos or so per apoc tank. Then attack him with this and keep your rhinos/fodder off battle. Apoc+deso will own him mirage/prism spam fairly easily if you know what your doing and then when most of his army is gone you can bring i the rhinos to finnish him off.

#7 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

8 deso per apoc???? U crazy bro?

#8 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:27 AM

Apoc+deso is boring, i've seen that 852 times. Do something different like miner spam + deso!.. but keep your flak traks at a safe distance. I've only seen this once. Post your SSs if u do it :)

I wonder what would happen if Olaf banned Iraq from being used? Maybe RA2 will have 15 players left on xwis.

#9 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

8 deso per apoc???? U crazy bro?

Its fine if you got cloning vats. The apoc is primarily only there to kill of base defense and air units. If he spams alot of air defense maybe ya need another 1-2 apocs. You do get 6 desos for the price of one apoc (assuming you have vats up and running) So it makes sense to use alot of desos.

Edited by Drasten, 17 June 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#10 naWb

naWb

BabyFarkMcGeeZax

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3254 posts
  • XWIS Name: naWb

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

What i try to do VS allies and their mirages plus prism...is i make about 3 flak tracks and i load them FULL with desos...and i go all in :D youll win 90% of the time...also make sure youve got extra flak tracks for rockies...

#11 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

Lmao im going to try that

#12 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

What i try to do VS allies and their mirages plus prism...is i make about 3 flak tracks and i load them FULL with desos...and i go all in :D youll win 90% of the time...also make sure youve got extra flak tracks for rockies...

yer i even deploy on my own tanks sometimes to get theres watch the plastic explode n roll through the survivors :-D

#13 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:24 PM

Imo the best counter vs this is to retreat your army but stay with like 3 or so mirages, kill the flak tracks quickly. (mirage 2 shoot flak tracks) Then run in with rockies to finnish the desos off.

Edited by Drasten, 17 June 2013 - 11:26 PM.

#14 Micheal

Micheal

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:36 AM

Pick Iraq when playing as soviets, got it. I never used deso's much i'll have to test it out, I like the flak track idea. If I would have thought of that at the time the game would have turned out differently I bet hahaha

#15 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

Personally i think heavy deso bombing is overrated. Lets say you fill up 3 flak tracks with 5 desos in each.

That will set you back:

(600x15)+(500x3)=10.500.

You need to take out 10-11 miragetanks in order to brake even on this attack, even more if he has ore purifier. If we assume the allied player has alot of mirages/prismtanks and is mentally retarded he will just shoot at the flak tracks with all his tanks, allowing you to deso-bomb him and take out about 90% of all his tanks. But if we assume the allied player actually has a brain he will retreat with most tanks as soon as he sees your flak tracks heading his way. But he will stay with 3-4 miragetanks, allowing him to quickly take out the flak tracks. Now you will be able to deso the 3-4 miragetanks for sure, but since your flaktracks are dead you lost the speed of the flak track transporting and he can just send in rockies to finnish of your desos, making you actually loose alot on this tactic while the allied player get vet/elite rockies.

A better idea that actually works vs good allied players is to use your desos companied by some conscripts and flak troopers or flak tracks infront of your rhinos. (keep em around 1-2 tanklenghts infront of your rhinos) If you want you can even use some war-miners with the infantry. When your infantry is getting in deso-range for his tanks then you retreat your tanks abit and deploy desos as deep inside his tank force as you can. While doing so you can use the rhinos to take out his base.

Edited by Drasten, 20 June 2013 - 11:15 AM.

#16 Rocker219

Rocker219

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:52 AM

Personally i think heavy deso bombing is overrated. Lets say you fill up 3 flak tracks with 5 desos in each.

That will set you back:

(600x15)+(500x3)=10.500.

You need to take out 10-11 miragetanks in order to brake even on this attack, even more if he has ore purifier. If we assume the allied player has alot of mirages/prismtanks and is mentally retarded he will just shoot at the flak tracks with all his tanks, allowing you to deso-bomb him and take out about 90% of all his tanks. But if we assume the allied player actually has a brain he will retreat with most tanks as soon as he sees your flak tracks heading his way. But he will stay with 3-4 miragetanks, allowing him to quickly take out the flak tracks. Now you will be able to deso the 3-4 miragetanks for sure, but since your flaktracks are dead you lost the speed of the flak track transporting and he can just send in rockies to finnish of your desos, making you actually loose alot on this tactic while the allied player get vet/elite rockies.

A better idea that actually works vs good allied players is to use your desos companied by some conscripts and flak troopers or flak tracks infront of your rhinos. (keep em around 1-2 tanklenghts infront of your rhinos) If you want you can even use some war-miners with the infantry. When your infantry is getting in deso-range for his tanks then you retreat your tanks abit and deploy desos as deep inside his tank force as you can. While doing so you can use the rhinos to take out his base.

the only problem with that last stamen ludvig is I can control shift prisms away like I can ifvs ;)

#17 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:22 AM

Never underestimate a good deso bomb

#18 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

Can someone explain me how to deso bomb the right way?

I normally select the flack(s) press d and rectangle the outcoming desos and press d. Good or is there faster way with more (or less) hotkeys?

#19 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

Group the desos and select them by number

#20 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • XWIS Name: djaningar

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

Can someone explain me how to deso bomb the right way?

I normally select the flack(s) press d and rectangle the outcoming desos and press d. Good or is there faster way with more (or less) hotkeys?

just make sure ur coffee is hot before the game starts. and ur good.

#21 DryFeet

DryFeet

joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:28 AM

That will set you back:

(600x15)+(500x3)=10.500.

lol why are we suddenly building 3 whole flacks? Each 5 desos needs to kill 3 mirages... That's pretty attainable right?

#22 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

What a time to bring up an old topic lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users