#1 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • XWIS Name: djaningar

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

Despite the game being practically dead, there are 4 world class players who still play: Marko, Tomi, Tim and Latof.

I was thinking these guys should do a round robin tournament and see who is the best player. (Arguably of all time)

Maybe over a period of a few weeks each player will play a bunch of games vs each other player (maybe 20 a piece to avoid variables and see who is THEE best)      (( We could throw an allied player into the mix as well.  (mason, adam or marsh whoever is best vs sov)  ))  We could just post the results as they come in   in this topic or something to keep track.

2 questions then:

a--Would the community actually be interested in this??

b--Would you 4 noobs be down to do this?

I personally think this would be really cool to look at the sats afterwards, we can post them up and praise THEE champ =D especially if some of the games are recorded. This could spark some interest amongst the community, putting a face/title on the top dawg ya know

#2 ALiTheGreatest

ALiTheGreatest

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

they have all month to compete, it's called the qm ladder. this would be nice tho i guess in addition if games were recorded.

#3 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

Im aware, but I think this would be more official; more interesting to the community. QM is just dead... Sometimes they don't try their best, get bad maps with bad spawns or no superweapons on they when they should be on, one isn't playing a lot that month,  etc etc etc etc. Im interested in really who is the best. Specific results lined up vs each other instead of just a random bo5 twice in one month when they play 99% of their games vs other people.....

#4 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

interesting idea but while some of them my be at there best, not all of them are.

#5 fir3w0rx

fir3w0rx

Xwis Was Initially Striketeam

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2159 posts
  • XWIS Name: fir3w0rx

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

they have all month to compete, it's called the qm ladder. this would be nice tho i guess in addition if games were recorded.

Yeah, what he^ said. This would only be a good idea if ALL the matches were live-streamed, recorded or both. Also, maybe a poll should be done as some people may have a different opinion as to who the remaining '4 world class' players are. I actually had a similar idea a while back, except with only 2 of RA2/YR's best players doing a bo19 :D. If this DOES happen, I'm sure the live-stream channel will be filled with every RA2/YR player from different communities :).

#6 hops11

hops11

Seal

• Warning
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

No thx

I have a hard enough time with my schedule to manage a top rank without chasing down people not in my time zone for a "whose got a bigger dick contest"

Edited by hops11, 17 May 2013 - 07:39 PM.

#7 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

No thx

I have a hard enough time with my schedule to manage a top rank without chasing down people not in my time zone for a "whose got a bigger dick contest"

u are?

#8 hops11

hops11

Seal

• Warning
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

One of the players you mentioned in the first post or I would have not felt the need to reply

#9 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

Obviously. But I dunno which one. Good at ra2 but not with communication skills I see. Maybe ur just scared latof had u owned? :)

#10 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

They don't exactly play each other very much in the qm ladder if you've noticed.
I think this would be pretty cool, mainly for the potential replays, and cool for them for bragging rights (although they've all already got plenty to brag about :p

#11 hops11

hops11

Seal

• Warning
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

Obviously. But I dunno which one. Good at ra2 but not with communication skills I see. Maybe ur just scared latof had u owned? :)

that's the reason pedo, you know me, always scared of being owned slapped and humiliated on a video game.

#12 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

love you too, pedo.

#13 hops11

hops11

Seal

• Warning
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

love you too, pedo.

wow i got a warning for calling you a pedo, obviously we can not make our jokes that we have for years on s-t, sorry to tell you emilio, but frank here is a certified pedo-bear, ask him yourself, he wouldn't lie, now my warning, can it be removed?

#14 PiNeRs

PiNeRs

2v2er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

we have been jokin about that for like 6 years lol.  Marsh is my homie Gee, dawg.  

#15 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:45 AM

we have been jokin about that for like 6 years lol.  Marsh is my homie Gee, dawg.  

Its true, Frank likes the little girls :busted:

#16 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15264 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

Despite the game being practically dead, there are 4 world class players who still play: Marko, Tomi, Tim and Latof.

I was thinking these guys should do a round robin tournament and see who is the best player. (Arguably of all time)

Maybe over a period of a few weeks each player will play a bunch of games vs each other player (maybe 20 a piece to avoid variables and see who is THEE best)      (( We could throw an allied player into the mix as well.  (mason, adam or marsh whoever is best vs sov)  ))  We could just post the results as they come in   in this topic or something to keep track.

2 questions then:

a--Would the community actually be interested in this??

b--Would you 4 noobs be down to do this?

I personally think this would be really cool to look at the sats afterwards, we can post them up and praise THEE champ =D especially if some of the games are recorded. This could spark some interest amongst the community, putting a face/title on the top dawg ya know

I dont think im one of the best, but I would be down to take part if you would want me to. 

Have little time nowadays but would try do some games on nights / weekend nights 

#17 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

Imo you're part of the "elite 4"

#18 kacknoobz

kacknoobz

GAME ON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

i own marko 3-0 i own tomi 3-0 i own latof 3-0 in other worlds IM CHAMPION OF THEEEEE WOOOO0000RRRRRRRRRRRRRLDDDDD

GAME ONN!!!!

#19 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

then i do 4 - 0 to ou again

#20 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

give me the time and motivation and ill do it, also id have to play ra2 a few weeks constantly to get back into shape to have a clear result.

02-06 was the time i was into this game and took any offers and challenges and destroyed and rolled over everyone and everything.

now i just dont see any point anymore, it has no end, there will always be new "best" players..

#21 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

Time is money if you want to have it you have to send some.

Fugitive.

#22 KoninhoPau

KoninhoPau

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:24 AM

i'm in but im pretty sure latof will win this competition with the skillz he has now he would be rank 1 in 2005 since redirection, this guy is almost perfect in everything. best ra2 player ever above tomi / marko imo

#23 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

i'm in but im pretty sure latof will win this competition with the skillz he has now he would be rank 1 in 2005 since redirection, this guy is almost perfect in everything. best ra2 player ever above tomi / marko imo

nahh

#24 WallStar

WallStar

New Update

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

i didnt knew latof is too good lol i was thinking he is a normal player from months.

#25 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

hes probably the best player at the moment by a long shot 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users