#51 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

Stategst -

Is there no one eligible and willing to share the burden of such responsibilities?

#52 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:19 AM

I agree with the updates. In fact, I can think of a few cheaters who I would love to finally see go just to spite their attitude; however, this announcement was five months in the making. While it is important to maintain a current set of rules, fixing the process of enforcing them should take priority over any additions. I love to think we are reaching out to a part of the community that deserves to enjoy fair play as much as its competitive counterpart. Indeed, the EUL agreements describe a gaming experience no one has ever been able to provide. Dare I mention the infamous language argument? I share concern for the resultant influx of cheat reports. Emilio, while you may be able to review them fast enough, which administrator is going to match your speed with enforcement? All to say we are about to disappoint a lot more players than we already have. Before you know it, the report sections will be just as dead as they are now because of how long it takes to reap the harvest of catching a cheater. Case in point, I cannot even get a reply to my cheat report in our private forum.

This is a good point, id also like to mention the fact that while ra2 cheat reports are dealt with to point of being reviewed yr reports are more or less ignored unles its an easy fix situation.

Great news on ffg's being bannable though :D

Edited by ZiGZaG, 24 April 2013 - 12:41 AM.

#53 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12219 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

This is a good point, id also like to mention the fact that while ra2 cheat reports are dealt with to point of being reviewed yr reports are more or less ignored unles its an easy fix situation.

Great news on ffg's being bannable though :D

I don't ignore yr reports. If I did, I can assure you it was not on purpose

#54 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:42 AM

I don't ignore yr reports. If I did, I can assure you it was not on purpose

well im not saying U did ive made some 4 or 5 reports int he last 2 years on yr and none of them, have been addressed by any admin..

Edited by ZiGZaG, 24 April 2013 - 02:42 AM.

#55 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:14 AM

Well there are many players who just play ffg's and don't appreciate cheaters. Not to mention new players who come here usually ffg first, if they get cheated why will they stay? 

get real, ppl leave xwis because they cant get games, not because they get cheated.

i like the fact that you wanna clean all the cheaters.

but the current situation doesnt require these steps, these steps should've been done after xwis started or if cheating in ffg's actually was a problem.

no offense but you hardly manage the current reports / hof's etc, why would you bother yourself with more work while it worked just fine over all the years?

Edited by Tomi, 24 April 2013 - 04:27 AM.

#56 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

get real, ppl leave xwis because they cant get games, not because they get cheated.

i like the fact that you wanna clean all the cheaters.

but the current situation doesnt require these steps, these steps should've been done after xwis started or if cheating in ffg's actually was a problem.

no offense but you hardly manage the current reports / hof's etc, why would you bother yourself with more work while it worked just fine over all the years?

???????? BlueBala has done a lot of reports man, I don't know what you're talking about. As for HOF I don't know if he's allowed access to mess with that stuff personally?

#57 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:18 AM

sigh, i was talking about the current situation, the general, that includes all admins/staff, hof's are undone, same for some reports, yet something new is being done which will cause even more work and isnt a problem at all, while there are way more important things to take care off and which are bigger issues.

i never meant to attack or blame emi personally and im sure he knows that.

Edited by Tomi, 24 April 2013 - 05:50 AM.

#58 xNathanx

xNathanx

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2803 posts
  • XWIS Name: RaganZin

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

sigh, i was talking about the current situation, the general, that includes all admins/staff, hof's are undone, same for some reports, yet something new is being done which will cause even more work and isnt a problem at all, while there are way more important things to take care off and which are bigger issues.

i never meant to attack or blame emi personally and im sure he knows that.

bro man they are finally getting some HoFs done recently! Also this is a great idea, people say "reduce" activity..however you do not see all the complaints of "blahblah" cheats in game, FFGs ofc.

PEOPLE hate CHEATERS, they always have great update.

#59 MaTaLiC

MaTaLiC

aMofo

• Donators
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • XWIS Name: BaDtRoOpZ

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Nice guys,
im sure this is appreciated by many people.
The license to cheat is now banished at last!

#60 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

bro man they are finally getting some HoFs done recently! Also this is a great idea, people say "reduce" activity..however you do not see all the complaints of "blahblah" cheats in game, FFGs ofc.

PEOPLE hate CHEATERS, they always have great update.

it's about 3 to 4 months behind, at the rate HOF has been going, if this server survives until 2014, we should have May 2013 HOF finished by New Years.

stupid idea to ban ffg cheaters over cntrl alt delete bailing hibitual offenders and the players that d/c just because they are an unfair sport to the game.

not that my words matter or that anyone with any actual power to the situation cares.

#61 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:50 AM

it's about 3 to 4 months behind, at the rate HOF has been going, if this server survives until 2014, we should have May 2013 HOF finished by New Years.

stupid idea to ban ffg cheaters over cntrl alt delete bailing hibitual offenders and the players that d/c just because they are an unfair sport to the game.

not that my words matter or that anyone with any actual power to the situation cares.

No one will be banned for disconnecting!!!

#62 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

So cheating in all unranked games is against the rules and leads to bans if proven, correct? (didnt read the entire topic)

Edited by Drasten, 26 April 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#63 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

So cheating in all unranked games is against the rules and leads to bans if proven, correct? (didnt read the entire topic)

yes

#64 Drasten

Drasten

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

sweet

#65 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

read the initial post for the rules

#66 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

The server message saying "cheating in friendly games can result in a ban" needs to be corrected to "cheating in unranked games (FFGs) will result in a ban from the server".

Define friendly games? Can I rage cheat in that case? :p

#67 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

Needs to be "cheating in ALL games" because its not only for friendly/ffg games.

#68 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

yes bad wording ez for twisting

#69 iP0werSav3

iP0werSav3

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • XWIS Name: iSpaZ

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

Sounds good!  I bet not many will play it after this implementation.  Servers going to be dead-ish.

#70 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

Yes, thats sad :( Let the nublets cheat in ffgs!

#71 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

Yes, thats sad :( Let the nublets cheat in ffgs!

Do you even play with "the nublets"? And no, this is a CHEAT-FREE-SERVER, no exceptions should have been made to begin with.

#72 famlegi

famlegi

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

just keep making more rules and banning as many players as you can on a 13 year old game.  surely that will bring back more players.

Edited by famlegi, 01 May 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#73 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

Do you even play with "the nublets"? And no, this is a CHEAT-FREE-SERVER, no exceptions should have been made to begin with.

I am against cheating but the activity is more important than banning some ffg cheaters :) And the funny thing is, if people really want to cheat they can uninstall Olaf's patch and use fog and never get caught. Cheat free you said? Haaaaaaaaaaa. Sorry but no.

#74 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

Sorry, didn't know ffg players didn't deserve cheat free games. It's only the top players that matter after all right? Who cares about the "noblets?" :rolleyes: Selfish and inconsiderate. 

#75 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Sorry, didn't know ffg players didn't deserve cheat free games. It's only the top players that matter after all right? Who cares about the "noblets?" :rolleyes: Selfish and inconsiderate. 

I care about the nublets because I dont want them to be banned. How do you mean selfish? I think you don't understand what I am posting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users