#26 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:49 AM

id rather focus on activity. We don't need to have so few players :(

A lot of things need to be done. But we don't have the tools to execute them. What would you suggest we do to get players? Make a topic about it... All ideas have been put forth and either turned down or ignored. The only things that have been done for activity was the prize invasion, yuri madness, double pts, and a few tournaments. All which helped and proved successful imo, but you are not going to get activity over 1000 players no matter what you do, in my opinion.

#27 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

I rather have a game with 5 fair players than 50 cheaters

This is a cheat free server, if someones to cheat, let them do it with friends who they know won't care, or with people outside of XWIS.

no idea what you're trying to say with "I rather have a game with 5 fair players than 50 cheaters"

its not like cheating is the problem on xwis, we all know its the activity. and to me it seems like everything is being done except trying to do something for the activity.

its not like im against the idea, i just think its to a wrong time, its gonna cause nothing but trouble, might even drop the activity and gonna give the admins unnecessary new problems/work.

i just dont understand the logic behind the idea, after 7-8 years they decide to ban from ffg's, while almost noone is playing.

#28 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

A lot of things need to be done. But we don't have the tools to execute them. What would you suggest we do to get players? Make a topic about it... All ideas have been put forth and either turned down or ignored. The only things that have been done for activity was the prize invasion, yuri madness, double pts, and a few tournaments. All which helped and proved successful imo, but you are not going to get activity over 1000 players no matter what you do, in my opinion.

i agree if we can't make ra2 more modern os compatible then its going to be a challenge, but the game is just so fun and addictive- New players would still love the game imo 

#29 KilerCam

KilerCam

Kilers Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1715 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

Well although I agree steps need to be made to improve activity I think you all are missing the point of this. Look at it as the admins are doing something. If they are trying to make it better then at least thats still a step in the right direction. 

Now with that said we do need to see things done to increase activity. Bring back double pts month. Bring back tournaments. There are ideas out there. We just need to try them. 

#30 SoVsOrDiE

SoVsOrDiE

Music is my religion!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3666 posts
  • XWIS Name: SoVsOrDiE

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

So if I play using Martin's patch, i'll be banned? Is it considered a 3rd party program or tolerated due to it's anti-cheat nature?

#31 tojo668

tojo668

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • XWIS Name: tojo

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Thank you!

Finally we can get players banned for cheating in FFG.

Very good job even its very late with this, should have happened many years ago but better now then ever.

#32 ILoveKane

ILoveKane

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

Thank you!

Finally we can get players banned for cheating in FFG.

Very good job even its very late with this, should have happened many years ago but better now then ever.

You would have been banned by now then lol, GOTEBORG! How many times have you reconed on toe? I lost count.

#33 scoop12345

scoop12345

Sergeant

• Donators
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

JEAAAAHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

UR MY MANNSSS FINALLLYYY ALL FKREAING CHEATERS GET B.A.NNNEddd 

Nice Job.

PS: U can automatically ban Phoenix1 and Kobold :bye1:

#34 tojo668

tojo668

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • XWIS Name: tojo

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

You would have been banned by now then lol, GOTEBORG! How many times have you reconed on toe? I lost count.

Let me guess.

I owned u hard on a hillfight?

#35 OBIWAANNN

OBIWAANNN

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Important updates are occurring within XWIS guidelines and regulations. It is recommended that every player read, understand, and become familiar with the new changes in policy. The rules will apply on May 1st, 2013. For a full view in the updated rules, click here

The admin screen shot request has been removed and replaced with the auto ss taker. 

Automatic Screen Shot Utility (XYR, XTS, XRA)
Using the AutoSS utility is compulsory if you are competing in the XWIS Tournament Ladder for a Hall of Fame spot.  This utility must be installed and run during the length of the ladder month. Playing select games without AutoSS will be result in HoF disqualification.

Please take note that XWIS and Strike-Team Admins will now be accepting cheat reports for unranked ladder games. 

1. Friendly Games
    Cheating on unranked ladder games is not permitted in XWIS.

2. Mod Maps
    XWIS/Strike-Team does not support friendly games on mod maps not released by XWIS, EA, or Westwood studios due to the integrated cheats that come along those maps. If you choose to play a game on  a mod map you do so at your own risk. 

3. Absolutely no use of cheats

Hacks, editors, trainers, mods, or any other program, software, modification or patch other than as released by EA, XWIS & ST.

4. Exploitation of bugs

Bugs such as the invisible MCV, spy your own battle lab, map features that cause re-connection errors and/or others are not allowed on XWIS.

If you find yourself being cheated under the above conditions, a cheat report can be submitted here.

good job.

#36 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

This is bullshit. Xwis is going to be a dead server after a few months gj ;)

I am against cheating but this will harm activity, honestly, i dont care if noobs cheat in ffgs.

#37 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

This is bullshit. Xwis is going to be a dead server after a few months gj ;)

I am against cheating but this will harm activity, honestly, i dont care if noobs cheat in ffgs.

yeah lots of bullshit, we should allow cheaters to roam free :lollol:

#38 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

yeah lots of bullshit, we should allow cheaters to roam free :lollol:

Yes we should, do I need to send u donut hacks?

Increasing activity has a higher priority in my opinion than banning ffg cheaters.

#39 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

I agree. But I think some ppl are playing house with xwis and this was the afternoon tea party

#40 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

I'm sorry, I'm with Tomi on this one. My thoughts exactly. This seems unlogical, if someone uses cheats vs me in a ffg I would not even bother to report it. :mellow:

#41 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

I'm sorry, I'm with Tomi on this one. My thoughts exactly. This seems unlogical, if someone uses cheats vs me in a ffg I would not even bother to report it. :mellow:

Then don't report it. You aren't required too. If someone wants to use cheats then they should make sure they are in a game where they won't get reported.

#42 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12219 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

Well there are many players who just play ffg's and don't appreciate cheaters. Not to mention new players who come here usually ffg first, if they get cheated why will they stay? 

#43 scoop12345

scoop12345

Sergeant

• Donators
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

yeea Better 6 players who dont cheat rthen 40 who do. they f.*** up game and make it a time waste when it lags down and errors even before someone could attack after geting a huge army

they need to feel it. thats like in society if nobody cares they keep on.

But instead they maybe could just learn like normal human beeing to play a game and become better by using their brain instead of behaviing like respecless f***

lets try it 3-4 months if it really fucks up  then maybe we shld talk about it again. i had 3 friends leaving the game cuz too many cheaters were always joining a game no matter there is always one cheater inside. i also started playing lesss due to cheaters. i even lost the pleasure to show the game to other people cuz it is/was messed up "rules"

now xwis will get back to life again. !

#44 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12219 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

Tell your friends to comeback :p 

#45 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

You should make this an announcement when entering the lobby (just a thought) so people don't get blind sided by this. 

#46 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

You should make this an announcement when entering the lobby (just a thought) so people don't get blind sided by this. 

That's already been done. Also, I don't think there is any official announcement, but I am assuming that the first couple weeks of transition will be a forgiveness period.

#47 DeadGame

DeadGame

Seal

• Warning
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • XWIS Name: uno

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

Ra2 for free please. Only ST Account need to play for nicks with game Account.

If any1 cheat you can still ban him with game Account / ST account, With IP or Hardware IP ban.

#48 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

Ra2 for free please. Only ST Account need to play for nicks with game Account.

If any1 cheat you can still ban him with game Account / ST account, With IP or Hardware IP ban.

They don't have the power to make RA2 F2P

#49 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

That's already been done. Also, I don't think there is any official announcement, but I am assuming that the first couple weeks of transition will be a forgiveness period.

Oh okay, nice way ahead of me then! :p

#50 Strategst

Strategst

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5796 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

I agree with the updates. In fact, I can think of a few cheaters who I would love to finally see go just to spite their attitude; however, this announcement was five months in the making. While it is important to maintain a current set of rules, fixing the process of enforcing them should take priority over any additions. I love to think we are reaching out to a part of the community that deserves to enjoy fair play as much as its competitive counterpart. Indeed, the EUL agreements describe a gaming experience no one has ever been able to provide. Dare I mention the infamous language argument? I share concern for the resultant influx of cheat reports. Emilio, while you may be able to review them fast enough, which administrator is going to match your speed with enforcement? All to say we are about to disappoint a lot more players than we already have. Before you know it, the report sections will be just as dead as they are now because of how long it takes to reap the harvest of catching a cheater. Case in point, I cannot even get a reply to my cheat report in our private forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users