95 replies to this topic

#76 ALiTheGreatest

ALiTheGreatest

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

It's pretty clear Martin knows who did it, why isn't he telling us? Then we can stop this problem...

#77 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

thank you martin gonna sleep now have to work soon n im drunk : /

It's pretty clear Martin knows who did it, why isn't he telling us? Then we can stop this problem...

stfu please.

#78 ALiTheGreatest

ALiTheGreatest

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

Rofl u stfu Nike I own u nerd

#79 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:56 AM

this topic....

why does everyone want to know so badly who it was? why does it matter? wouldnt change anything, the attack has happend already.

the only realistic thing would be to get something up to prevent further attacks.

i lol'd at some people talking about sueing etc xD, cmon get real, xwis has like 200+ active players (not worth the time/effort/money).

seke: your posts doesnt prove anything, neither if martin is guilty or innocent. it just proves that you were bored at that time and wanted to play a bit of detective :p

st admins: you represent xwis and a few cnc games, show some loyality and professionality.

you go around giving random assumptions based on some chat logs, thats pretty pathetic.

if you think you've to do that, atleast do it private instead of public.

these chat logs doesnt prove anything at all either.

you can turn it this way around: they ddos'd their own server and used chat logs to manipulate martin and his reputation (cncftw, etc).

i know that isnt the case and its pathetic, but thats the point, stop the assumptions.

martin: you turn your back towards the few guys who're able/interested in changing something in the cnc scene, but the same time you want to "help" the cnc community. doesnt make sense, does it?

you have to ask yourself, do you really want to help or do you just want the "fame"?

xwis is such a small community nowadays, stop these silly things and just play the game. solves alot of problems.

p.s. topic shouldve been closed after first post.

#80 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

I've given many players technical support over MSN, Skype and set up installations of games for them over TeamViwer and also solved other computer problems. 

To say I'm dedicated to supporting is an understatement.

martin: you turn your back towards the few guys who're able/interested in changing something in the cnc scene, but the same time you want to "help" the cnc community. doesnt make sense, does it?

you have to ask yourself, do you really want to help or do you just want the "fame"?

#81 OlafxD

OlafxD

Mr. Rank 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8529 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:56 AM

unsure what you're trying to say. i never said you're not supporting, but you for sure want alot of recognition.

splitting up and getting into a fight with the s-t staff wont help the community, thats for sure.

Edited by Tomi, 14 March 2013 - 03:57 AM.

#82 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

why neogrant not admin anymore?

#83 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

but you for sure want alot of recognition.

This is true.

why neogrant not admin anymore?

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/177071-dear-neogrant/?p=1528301

Edited by NeoGrant, 14 March 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#84 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

So because of this ugly scum you retired instead of giving him 1 year forum ban?

Edited by DayDream, 14 March 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#85 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

the xwis circus!

#86 skullfire43

skullfire43

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

we need Ddos protection on this website and the servers so make a firewall or something come on no knowlege of nework and computer come on its ben 2 days of not joing the game online so block Ddos attack man come on no brains of this website come on

#87 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

This is true.

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/177071-dear-neogrant/?p=1528301

o because of this ugly scum you retired instead of giving him 1 year forum ban?

LOL? That's just an excuse. He stepped down before that topic was made. Grant never talks the truth to ST users. I know this from working with him before on some things.

After all I used to be an admin of the XWIS Facebook Page. I was removed from it because I informed players about XWIS being under an attack from DDoS. Apparently the truth runs rather thin here on ST.

the xwis circus!

+1

we need Ddos protection on this website and the servers so make a firewall or something come on no knowlege of nework and computer come on its ben 2 days of not joing the game online so block Ddos attack man come on no brains of this website come on

Why doesn't XWIS use CloudFlare?

#88 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts
  • XWIS Name: sean3z

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

CDN's are best used for static assets. It wouldn't really be useful in a situation like this. I think you need to research more ;)

#89 ImNewButOld

ImNewButOld

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

So why is xwis.us connected to Cloudflare? Anyway this discussion is useless. I am happy XWIS is online and the DDoS attacks seems to be stopped.

#90 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts
  • XWIS Name: sean3z

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

XWIS.us utilizes many static assets (images/javascript/css); all hosted on cdn.xwis.us. The main site is not powered by Cloudflare.

#91 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

LOL? That's just an excuse. He stepped down before that topic was made. Grant never talks the truth to ST users. I know this from working with him before on some things.

After all I used to be an admin of the XWIS Facebook Page. I was removed from it because I informed players about XWIS being under an attack from DDoS. Apparently the truth runs rather thin here on ST.

+1

I would really appreciate it if you stop talking like you have some authority or some inside knowledge when you really don't.. 

#92 SaVaGeTnK

SaVaGeTnK

I'm Sexy and I Know It

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9339 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

this topic....

why does everyone want to know so badly who it was? why does it matter? wouldnt change anything, the attack has happend already.

the only realistic thing would be to get something up to prevent further attacks.

i lol'd at some people talking about sueing etc xD, cmon get real, xwis has like 200+ active players (not worth the time/effort/money).

seke: your posts doesnt prove anything, neither if martin is guilty or innocent. it just proves that you were bored at that time and wanted to play a bit of detective :p

st admins: you represent xwis and a few cnc games, show some loyality and professionality.

you go around giving random assumptions based on some chat logs, thats pretty pathetic.

if you think you've to do that, atleast do it private instead of public.

these chat logs doesnt prove anything at all either.

you can turn it this way around: they ddos'd their own server and used chat logs to manipulate martin and his reputation (cncftw, etc).

i know that isnt the case and its pathetic, but thats the point, stop the assumptions.

xwis is such a small community nowadays, stop these silly things and just play the game. solves alot of problems.

p.s. topic shouldve been closed after first post.

This post sums up pretty much what some ST staff and other people commenting here should focus on.

I've given many players technical support over MSN, Skype and set up installations of games for them over TeamViwer and also solved other computer problems. 

To say I'm dedicated to supporting is an understatement.

Martin we know you have help and contributed with many things in and out of ST but why is it that you want the recognition so bad. Yeah you've made maps, skins, helped with support and probably have new ideas. If you have the motivation to build up the new community you have and spread your work then ok cool do it but don't shove it into everyone's face. Just taking a look above your avatar "Leader and Creator" adds more to the ego issue. There's rules in ST/XWIS about third party tools and advertising that have been broken so many times and yet ST are always the bad guys.

Alex talked to me the other day about me mentioning him and Frank like people that ruined the game for people at some point and he said he did a lot of positive things for the game and so did Frank. That he did more than any of the staff would ever do, sounds familiar? Yeah Frank did some and maybe Alex did some too but I'm not making things up, you know Alex's story...

Again....making it an issue of showboating, ST vs users or ST vs you and now Grant is an evil guy. First of all none of the staff needs to talk about the issues discussed in private. If Olaf or Grant shared something with you it's because there's some collaboration trust.

You know why you were removed from the FB page and buddies on ST? Because you wanted protagonism and didn't take the time start from the bottom. Yeah you posted about a DDoS without consulting and checking out what was the "damage control" to be done. Also calling out and fighting with other staff members because of differences and being rude even on the FB page to random people. If you and Grant have an issue it's not a problem of XWIS so let's avoid the martyr crap.

At least Niek is making some sense in a stupid topic. The people that like to have fun in XWIS should just focus on keeping what's left of the community alive.

Lithuanian  :inlove:

#93 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:50 AM

N.... Plez. <3 Should I make a post about racism towards lithuanians? :p

#94 SaVaGeTnK

SaVaGeTnK

I'm Sexy and I Know It

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9339 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

N.... Plez. <3 Should I make a post about racism towards lithuanians? :p

lol no... I'm your caribbean negro friend. Don't hate  :flowers:

You should make a tutorial about how not to abuse ctrl+c on stalemates  :rolleyes:

#95 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

lol no... I'm your caribbean negro friend. Don't hate  :flowers:

You should make a tutorial about how not to abuse ctrl+c on stalemates  :rolleyes:

Eddie.... Eddie....

.;

GET DRUNK.

Thanks,

Seke

#96 SaVaGeTnK

SaVaGeTnK

I'm Sexy and I Know It

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9339 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:11 AM