#1 SoVi3tW4R

SoVi3tW4R

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • XWIS Name: SoVi3tWaR

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

Im a bit more old school i prefer my disc over a digital download  and my disc has more features then olafs download which is just multiplayer no music to.

Step one smoothing out ra2 and yuri the game hasn't had a proper update in forever the only one being 1.06 or whatever

also adding back features we dont have like co-op badges .

Step 2 now i dont know if this is possible but enhancing the graphics of the game. redo the menu interfaces give the game a new sleek look

Step 3 selling  just the game ra2 and yuri in a bundle together at a affordable price in major retail stores and maybes a few small tv advertisements targeted at gamers  promoting the enhancements and where to get the game

Step 3.5 just make an entirely new remake of ra2 and yuri if game has reached its limits .

There is a demand for modern day RTS people just dont make them most video games are set into the future and there are even fewer Modern day RTS

doing step one and 2 will give ra2 and yuri the incitement to play a 13 year old game it needs revamping like when you remake a movie...... your modernizing it and your enhancing the graphics to modern day . revamping a game does work OG planet rumble fighter is an example of such though they started to target little kids to expand there market by asking mommy and daddy for money for ingame upgrades.

Now if ra2 and yuri is successful they could partner up with ea and put a few EA advertisement in to boost cash 2nd put in a n game store in for the most $$ players u could give the new in game colors like gold and platinum and stuff and for premium users things like deleting nicks faster and changing the color of your name and little things like that. This game has so much potential if some one puts in the hours at C&C honestly i think the game should be remade the only thing that should be kept r the video clips /cut scenes. OOHH and if u monthly subscriber no ads....... the more players yall get the more money EA and ra2 and yuri would make to upkeep the game vs relying on donations . so different lvl member ships and things like that

Edited by SoVi3tW4R, 07 March 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#2 SoVsOrDiE

SoVsOrDiE

Music is my religion!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3666 posts
  • XWIS Name: SoVsOrDiE

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Lol, in an ideal world then yes..realistically? No way lol! TV advertisements? If you're putting the money in, then let's do it!

#3 lukke

lukke

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

And who is going to all of these steps?

#4 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10521 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Step 1 and 2 aren't possible without the source code which I believe ea don't allow access to/ don't have?

Edited by yiddo, 07 March 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#5 SoVi3tW4R

SoVi3tW4R

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

Cant some one at EA or who ever works where the YURI Server do something IF u boost players the TV ads will fund them selves along with EA advertisments on the game

After the game is revamped then you can advertise Make a new video Featuring  the upgrades Slap a Offical EA/westwood sticker on on Youtube it etc Make it go Viral . The reason its so hard to get more players is one the game is old..... no new stuff or content patches. 2 its hard to find the copy i went to my walmart and the only C&C game i found was 1 set of first decade price unknown
and redalert3 and i think tib wars adn 3rd not every one uses digital downloads i dont red3 and tib wars was for the 360 and ps3 no copies for PC i think EA Janked us when they bought westwood now they need to own up to it

When Red Alert 3 was un veil i thought this is gonna be cool they are gonna remake ra2 and yuri . Nope fail future junk

Edited by SoVi3tW4R, 07 March 2013 - 10:47 PM.

#6 hardman

hardman

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • 10521 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

TV ads are a bit too optimistic i feel...

#7 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

Step 1 and 2 aren't possible without the source code which I believe ea don't allow access to/ don't have?

That's what Olaf has you to believe. 

Im a bit more old school i prefer my disc over a digital download  and my disc has more features then olafs download which is just multiplayer no music to.

Step one smoothing out ra2 and yuri the game hasn't had a proper update in forever the only one being 1.06 or whatever

also adding back features we dont have like co-op badges .

Step 2 now i dont know if this is possible but enhancing the graphics of the game. redo the menu interfaces give the game a new sleek look

Step 3 selling  just the game ra2 and yuri in a bundle together at a affordable price in major retail stores and maybes a few small tv advertisements targeted at gamers  promoting the enhancements and where to get the game

Step 3.5 just make an entirely new remake of ra2 and yuri if game has reached its limits .

There is a demand for modern day RTS people just dont make them most video games are set into the future and there are even fewer Modern day RTS

doing step one and 2 will give ra2 and yuri the incitement to play a 13 year old game it needs revamping like when you remake a movie...... your modernizing it and your enhancing the graphics to modern day . revamping a game does work OG planet rumble fighter is an example of such though they started to target little kids to expand there market by asking mommy and daddy for money for ingame upgrades.

Now if ra2 and yuri is successful they could partner up with ea and put a few EA advertisement in to boost cash 2nd put in a n game store in for the most $$ players u could give the new in game colors like gold and platinum and stuff and for premium users things like deleting nicks faster and changing the color of your name and little things like that. This game has so much potential if some one puts in the hours at C&C honestly i think the game should be remade the only thing that should be kept r the video clips /cut scenes. OOHH and if u monthly subscriber no ads....... the more players yall get the more money EA and ra2 and yuri would make to upkeep the game vs relying on donations . so different lvl member ships and things like that

Step 2. I have released a unofficial update fixing bugs, improving the menu layout, icons, interface graphics and style to look more modern and sleek.

Step 3. Olaf offers a download for both versions, which are also linked to or mirrored on my own site cncftw.com.

Step 3.5. I have considered making my own game client with re-balanced game-play, updated graphics, anti cheat fixes, anti recon fixes, improved latency and graphics rendering.

I am slowly working on all of these points and doing the important things first what affect the game coverage to set up for the final project stage.

I'm attempting to provide information to teach new players and help them learn the game faster or adapt from switching over from another game, by adding guides and videos.

I'm providing guides to joining other servers and networks to improve the activity that is available to all players which will in turn improve interconnectivity between all servers so more players become aware of what's available to them.

I'm updating the games and providing a more compatible client to everyone, which will eventually make sure the game runs smoothly with less bugs and lag on all operating systems and networks.

I'm organizing competitions and tournaments with prizes to increase activity and get more players to join XWIS the official server.

I've been slowly contributing to XWIS over the years from the public view and also from behind the scenes I got many contacts within different communities that I utilize to co-ordinate new features and events while improving cross communication between them.

If you would like to contribute to my efforts and project, then contact me on Skype or MSN.

MSN & E-Mail : soulless_existence@live.com

#8 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

Step 2. I have released a unofficial update

No...really, I didn't know?

Step 3. Olaf offers a download for both versions, which are also linked to or mirrored on my own site cncftw.com.

Good job, that helps.

Step 3.5. I have considered making my own game client with re-balanced game-play, updated graphics, anti cheat fixes, anti recon fixes, improved latency and graphics rendering.

Sure, you have the knowledge.

I am slowly working on all of these points and doing the important things first what affect the game coverage to set up for the final project stage.

I'm attempting to provide information to teach new players and help them learn the game faster or adapt from switching over from another game, by adding guides and videos.

I'm providing guides to joining other servers and networks to improve the activity that is available to all players which will in turn improve interconnectivity between all servers so more players become aware of what's available to them.

That hasn't be done before!

I'm updating the games and providing a more compatible client to everyone, which will eventually make sure the game runs smoothly with less bugs and lag on all operating systems and networks.

I'm organizing competitions and tournaments with prizes to increase activity and get more players to join XWIS the official server.

Sure, you have the knowledge.

Nice!

I've been slowly contributing to XWIS over the years from the public view and also from behind the scenes I got many contacts within different communities that I utilize to co-ordinate new features and events while improving cross communication between them.

Put it on your CV?

If you would like to contribute to my efforts and project, then contact me on Skype or MSN.

MSN & E-Mail : soulless_existence@live.com

Sure would!

#9 SoVi3tW4R

SoVi3tW4R

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

wheres your unoffical patch at does it work and whats it look like

is it considered cheating Olaf was talking something about some guy chaning his filles with that bepper nofication jazz and said it was cheatz

wheres all the good stuff lol ra2 UOP dont work and theres no Yuri UOP

Edited by SoVi3tW4R, 08 March 2013 - 12:34 AM.

#10 SaVaGeTnK

SaVaGeTnK

I'm Sexy and I Know It

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9339 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

It's not a patch :p

#11 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

I have removed all features of the patch that Olaf considered as giving a player unfair advantage, he e-mailed me and the future releases are XWIS compatible and don't give any advantageous features compared to other players that would give them a upper hand in matches. Though it does improve latency and stability in the game client.

#12 SoVi3tW4R

SoVi3tW4R

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

I have removed all features of the patch that Olaf considered as giving a player unfair advantage, he e-mailed me and the future releases are XWIS compatible and don't give any advantageous features compared to other players that would give them a upper hand in matches. Though it does improve latency and stability in the game client.

thats the one i found it dosent work for me wonder if i ever updated ra2 ..

Also is there a way to have the non disc yuri work if u have the disc ?  id rather have both
There should be less, "failed to initialize, reinstall game" errors now due to added data files.that all im getting

#13 SoVi3tW4R

SoVi3tW4R

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

It's not a patch :p

didnt i post something after this wered  it go

not to hate but atleast freq is trying to come up with something with no disrespct its been 13 years and all that came out is AUTO SS i played a game called galaxy life on facebook and they had a bazillion bugs a day and they fixed them im just saying they had mobs of angy players because of "spilled coffee"

Oh here it is our post vanished into thin air for some reason i even refreshed .the ra2 UOP is not working for me keep getting reinstall thingy

Edited by SoVi3tW4R, 08 March 2013 - 01:32 AM.

#14 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

the disc version and the non-disc version are different, what are you trying to ask?

#15 SoVi3tW4R

SoVi3tW4R

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

the disc version and the non-disc version are different, what are you trying to ask?

i want to beable to have both say im lazy and dont want to put in the disc and just play multi
say i feel like putting the disc in and wanna play campain or skimirsh you get now

#16 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

Just don't be lazy, although I'm not sure why Yuri's has those features in the downloadable version but RA2 doesn't but I'm guessing there's a reason for it. Also, you need to realize what you're asking is a lot and it's not really realistic. Updating even an old game requires a lot of work and time from people who generally get paid a significant amount of money to be using their expertise for other things. 

Edited by Crisis, 08 March 2013 - 01:43 AM.

#17 SoVi3tW4R

SoVi3tW4R

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

Just don't be lazy, although I'm not sure why Yuri's has those features in the downloadable version but RA2 doesn't but I'm guessing there's a reason for it. Also, you need to realize what you're asking is a lot and it's not really realistic. Updating even an old game requires a lot of work and time from people who generally get paid a significant amount of money to be using their expertise for other things. 

lol u didnt asnwer my question is there away to have both the disc and digital copy

#18 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

Yes. Install it from the CD and then install it in a separate location using the downloaded installer.

#19 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

not to hate but atleast freq is trying to come up with something with no disrespct its been 13 years and all that came out is AUTO SS i played a game called galaxy life on facebook and they had a bazillion bugs a day and they fixed them im just saying they had mobs of angy players because of "spilled coffee"

Oh here it is our post vanished into thin air for some reason i even refreshed .the ra2 UOP is not working for me keep getting reinstall thingy

Just the Auto SS came out, yep, you're quite frankly a Muppet right? Or incapable of searching for facts instead of presuming. Even if it was just the Auto SS, its not XWIS/Olaf's responsibility to be developing, its EA's. They own the rights to the game, but they cannot put the money into a game so old, it doesn't bring any profit.

Additionally comparing Frequenzy's personal contribution of a so called patch to Olaf is laughable.  Some tweaks with a bunch of fancy wording, with a modified skin sums it up to say the very least.  Not to mention, if Olaf didn't implement a bolt on to the game that took screenshots, I would really love to see Frequenzys solution without needing his hand held.

Since the beginning this place has been without a source, and there are no real patches, bug fixes or anything along those lines, instead they are just bolt ons that help towards a problem.  A real patch requires a source.

No there will never be a source code in the hands of XWIS.

No there will never be a true patch developed by EA unless in the slight chance, there is a reason to make money from it.  They are focussed on new games, which a games studio should be.  

P.s Frequenzy, please stop posting you're nonsense of this patch, really does burn my eyes reading it everywhere.

Edited by NeoGrant, 08 March 2013 - 02:26 AM.

#20 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:40 AM

thats the one i found it dosent work for me wonder if i ever updated ra2 ..

Also is there a way to have the non disc yuri work if u have the disc ?  id rather have both
There should be less, "failed to initialize, reinstall game" errors now due to added data files.that all im getting

Post on cncftw and I will take a look at it. I need more details. Thought I solved all those errors.

Just the Auto SS came out, yep, you're quite frankly a Muppet right? Or incapable of searching for facts instead of presuming. Even if it was just the Auto SS, its not XWIS/Olaf's responsibility to be developing, its EA's. They own the rights to the game, but they cannot put the money into a game so old, it doesn't bring any profit.

Additionally comparing Frequenzy's personal contribution of a so called patch to Olaf is laughable.  Some tweaks with a bunch of fancy wording, with a modified skin sums it up to say the very least.  Not to mention, if Olaf didn't implement a bolt on to the game that took screenshots, I would really love to see Frequenzys solution without needing his hand held.

Since the beginning this place has been without a source, and there are no real patches, bug fixes or anything along those lines, instead they are just bolt ons that help towards a problem.  A real patch requires a source.

No there will never be a true patch developed by EA unless in the slight chance, there is a reason to make money from it.  They are focussed on new games, which a games studio should be.  

P.s Frequenzy, please stop posting you're nonsense of this patch, really does burn my eyes reading it everywhere.

Yes that's all that came out along with XGS. Get real thanks.

Sure Olaf programmed some injected code the same style as ares project so what's actually his own work in it is questionable. He forgot to add some files to fix compatibility and other bugs, which is sub par from such a famous developer as you so highly acclaim of.

Some tweaks? LOL Grant "up on your bike, time to retire" - Tomi. 

I've added more then just 'Some tweaks' I've added most of the best known gaming related tweaks that improve latency. Also my patch does what it says on the tin as so to speak.

I've never had my hand held... All of it I've had to learn or research myself... What have you done without having your hand held. I can see you've implmented my ideas rather nicely on XWIS while you were a member of the staff. It was cute holding your hand and telling you what to do when everyone was a clueless noncontributing no one, including yourself. Yeah, want me to hold your hand to retirement?

Grant please retire in peace and stop being a NeoTroll. You have had your time of trying to act as a professional. Don't forget who had to lead you there and guide you. You're so ungrateful for people putting their free time in to help after you were doing the same. How about you hush and let people who actually know what they are doing do the talking. :)

K, thx bai.

#21 SoVi3tW4R

SoVi3tW4R

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

Post on cncftw and I will take a look at it. I need more details. Thought I solved all those errors.

Yes that's all that came out along with XGS. Get real thanks.

Sure Olaf programmed some injected code the same style as ares project so what's actually his own work in it is questionable. He forgot to add some files to fix compatibility and other bugs, which is sub par from such a famous developer as you so highly acclaim of.

I've added more then just 'Some tweaks' I've added most of the best known gaming related tweaks that improve latency. Also my patch does what it says on the tin as so to speak.

I've never had my hand held... All of it I've had to learn or research myself... What have you done without having your hand held. I can see you've implmented my ideas rather nicely on XWIS while you were a member of the staff. It was cute holding your hand and telling you what to do when everyone was a clueless noncontributing no one, including yourself. Yeah, want me to hold your hand to retirement?

Grant please retire in peace and stop being a NeoTroll. You have had your time of trying to act as a professional. Don't forget who had to lead you there and guide you. You're so ungrateful for people putting their free time in to help after you were doing the same. How about you hush and let people who actually know what they are doing do the talking. :)

K, thx bai.

patch aint working for ra2 ........ no one said it was olafs job..... and 2nd thats why i a made the post to rebuild playeers and to make money read the top post so EA can make money and fix the game and make it better the bought westwood they are responsible for it

this is also why i mentioned step 3.5 if the game has reached its limits make a remake ra2.5 and yuri.5 NOW in HD fetururing new graphics and smoother game play. there is a demmand for modern RTS please read all my post in this thread b4 u say something

No there will never be a true patch developed by EA unless in the slight chance, there is a reason to make money from it.  They are focussed on new games, which a games studio should be. qouted from neogrant

i dont want to register any more usernames i have to many accounts to diffrent things my brain hurts LOL got like 5 emails and this a few dozen game accounts all with diffrent usernames and passes LOL i just get that pop up when booting up

#22 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

K, thx bai.

Getting real would be looking at a webpage before saying he's just made two applications, are you really that .............much of a plonker ?  

Its a shame Olaf put all this effort in to just be known as the author of the Auto SS and XGS.  Hilarious tweak bevel skin patch contributor comment right there, has no idea what real work is.  

I'm missing a TON of stuff but, here's just a few things I could come up with.

• Keeping XWIS up and running.
  • Suppling/Managing Community forum
  • XCC Mixer
  • XCC Game Spy
  • XCC AV Player
  • XCC Editor
  • XCC Mod Creator/Launcher
  • XCC Mod Encoder/Decoder
  • XCC Radar Customizer
  • XCC RA2 Map Updater
  • XCC Sound Editor
  • XCC String Table Editor
  • XCC INI CLT
  • XCC MIX CLT
  • XCC AUD Writer Plug-In
  • XCC IMA ADPCM WAV Writer Plug-In
  • XIF Editor
  • RA2 User Patch
  • CNC Documentation
  • XWIS Documentation
  • RA2 Auto SS
  • YR Auto SS
  • TS Auto SS
  • XWISAdmin
  • XWIS API
  • XWIS Stats Signatures
  • Updated HOF
  • Preventative measures against bots and spammers
  • Continued investigation to better/improve the game clients
  • Continued support for new players/help topics

#23 FReQuEnZy

FReQuEnZy

Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7986 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

I know exactly what Olaf has done and I've talked to him many times discussing future development and bug fixes for his utilities. I know his status, contributions and knowledge on the game and the utilities, also his weaknesses and lack of knowledge outside of those. 

Would you mind getting your head out of Olaf's arse and seeing for the future and not the past? I'm doing what other players or staff won't. What about setting up cncftw? I don't just do skin bevel patch contributions as you so gently put it. Mr, NeoTroll.

#24 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

Martin, youre an idiot. Youre not a progrannet stop calling yourself.one. Also stop acting like you have a roll here and tjat youre special. Youre nothing but a troll. Funny you call grant a troll and that he has done nothing, he has done more than you will eber do. Also afaik you were removed from xwis buddies for your idiocracy. And your site is rubbish. Its outdated coded awfully and ran by brainless (and proven cheaters) people

#25 SaVaGeTnK

SaVaGeTnK

I'm Sexy and I Know It

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9339 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

This topic is full of nonsense. Martin I know you from way back but somethings you've posted here are way biased.

First of all Grant is no longer XWIS staff as you can see.

Second of all you are always promoting yourself across many CNC communities as a great contributor to the game. Yes you have made maps and yeah you have made some skin mods for the game but there's not a lot to gloat or try to post in every sentence you have a chance to say "I did...., I created...., I own..., I'm the..." Rumblesom has made maps and great ones yet you see him wanting to be praised or showing off even Olaf who has done more than XGS and most here know that doesn't go around spamming his stuff in our face and let's not forget about Piscinex.

How many times you have been told not to promote your third party application on ST or the server? Yet one can see logs or while online there's spam or talk about it from people on your site. It's not the first time someone is suspended for this.

Personally yeah you have talent but you can't be acting like a martyr on your site and then go around community sites expecting to be respected or praised when you have used hacks to lame, flamed people and have some praise to Alex and Frank despite them being people who have ruined the game at some point for many here. Grant and Olaf have won that respect even if people disagree with them on many things.

Don't put the blame on ST like you just did on your site. At least you get suspensions here and not permbans from the so called community cross communication you try to do. 

http://forum.gamesymbol.com/f351/cant-create-nick-525268/

@FReQuenZy you must be as stupid as your friend if you're saying every client comes patched with 1.006 so you "seasoned veterans" are nothing than a bunch of kids with no manners and no thinking at all. 90% of ra2 download traffic comes from piratebay since i'm sure you cannot afford to actually buy the game and no, while installing the game you will have to install the 1.006 patch manually. How you do that? By using google search and downloading the patch.

I just proved it works for me so i was trying to help by figuring what could be the reason from your 0 offered information. Don't like it? Go ahead and ask support from westwood and ask them how to install their game and play on the internet because it's obviously you have no idea on doing that on a private server.

PS: About the PM, if xwis refused you then obviously they had a good reason and i've been already told why they have refused you. You acted like a jerk with them too, same as you did here so you want us to fund your little project and offer our hosting? What for? To see such an immature "seasoned veteran"? Oh and just to mention, i've had a hard time this week with my own life and healthy so your PM was not a top priority to answer within 2 days. Hard to wait two days for something that we have to think first? Or you think your proposal is like a forum reply? Obviously you lack professionalism too.

After this experience, just remember two words: GROW UP!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users