#26 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts
  • XWIS Name: sean3z

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

To those experiencing issues, please use the Game backup.exe for now until they can be resolved.

#27 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

yea it appears ot be buggy, with closin the game sometimes after, and sometimes not even uploading ss's...

also, is it possible to see other people's screenshots on like a diff page , and urs on one page..

would be nice to have them seperated by "game"

I know im askin 2 much but .... yea!!!!!! just some ideas

#28 elitegi10

elitegi10

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Ummm. Got a hour spare, decide to fit a bit of TS into this time. Get excited as I remember Auto SS is out. Install it. Tib sun fails to load.

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application"

Best thing is, I can't get it working again now. I have 4 .exe files with the tib sun logo in my directory now:

Game backup.exe - Gives that error.
Game(Backup).exe - Gives that error.
SUN.exe - Loading cursor appears for 1/3 of a second, then nothing else happens.
Tiberian Sun.exe - Gives that error.

I think I may have made one of these backup exe files when I first got my tiberian sun working correctly on this computer (which took me about 2 hours of installing all the Tib Sun disks I had lying around and trying the free downloads, of which only 1 would work if I installed it in a certain way. And I can't remember how I got it working in the first place now :(

The main question from me is why does this installer remove the exe you had when it installs? SURELY it should back that exe up.

#29 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Disks won't work with this update. Use the multilayer installer provided. http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/171448-read-me-first/ http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/162199-tiberian-sun-multi-player-only/

#30 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Do a fresh install, tibsun is freeware shouldnt take 2 hours though

#31 elitegi10

elitegi10

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

As I said, I tried loads of different variants and what-not, but I'm pretty sure the freeware versions didn't work. IIRC the first decade one didn't either, I think I had to use an external disc drive for the original tib sun disc and install it that way because my disc drive on the pc was stalling during installation because the disc is damaged. What a mess :O No time to do it now either haha.

EDIT: and besides, the multiplayer version only is no good to me, because I like to use skirmish mode to test my maps out.

Edited by elitegi10, 05 December 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#32 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

You can still use skirmish in the XWIS multiplayer version :)

#33 elitegi10

elitegi10

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

You can still use skirmish in the XWIS multiplayer version :)

Ahhh, good. Okay, I will try to multiplayer version tomorrow or Friday, hopefully that one will work! :)

#34 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Ummm. Got a hour spare, decide to fit a bit of TS into this time. Get excited as I remember Auto SS is out. Install it. Tib sun fails to load.

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application"

Best thing is, I can't get it working again now. I have 4 .exe files with the tib sun logo in my directory now:

Game backup.exe - Gives that error.
Game(Backup).exe - Gives that error.
SUN.exe - Loading cursor appears for 1/3 of a second, then nothing else happens.
Tiberian Sun.exe - Gives that error.

I think I may have made one of these backup exe files when I first got my tiberian sun working correctly on this computer (which took me about 2 hours of installing all the Tib Sun disks I had lying around and trying the free downloads, of which only 1 would work if I installed it in a certain way. And I can't remember how I got it working in the first place now :(

The main question from me is why does this installer remove the exe you had when it installs? SURELY it should back that exe up.

So i just have Game.exe, does that mean the XTS didn't install properly??

#35 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

So i just have Game.exe, does that mean the XTS didn't install properly??

Install http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/162199-tiberian-sun-multi-player-only/

And when the XTS is updated and fixed of the above errors players are experiencing then you can download and install that also.

They will both install to program files > tiberian sun as default.

#36 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Install http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/162199-tiberian-sun-multi-player-only/

And when the XTS is updated and fixed of the above errors players are experiencing then you can download and install that also.

They will both install to program files > tiberian sun as default.

Well i have been using the Ts version that u posted above^

Anyways i just rechecked there is one file new after installing XTS patch, the "Tiberian Sun.exe" file
I ran the file(its basically the new game.exe file) the game runs ok. Then i checked SS after game they were posted. So goodjob strike team.

ONLY issue is we have to skim through tons of ra2 ss due to high ra2 traffic, anyways to separate the two?

EDIT:
BTW is it compulsory for ladder/tournee games to install XTS patch? should be if not
And neo u play ts?

EDIT:
so twice now my "main executable stopped working" in last 15 mins is this because of patch?

Edited by MrFrodo, 06 December 2012 - 10:09 PM.

#37 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

EDIT:
so twice now my "main executable stopped working" in last 15 mins is this because of patch?

Yea this is why I said wait until an update is available to fix. You can use Game backup.exe in the TS folder until its released.

Compulsory, not sure.

RA2 SS's will be separated at some point, same happens for Yuri's revenge, but thats a focus when the update is flawless :)

#38 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

Yea this is why I said wait until an update is available to fix. You can use Game backup.exe in the TS folder until its released.

Compulsory, not sure.

RA2 SS's will be separated at some point, same happens for Yuri's revenge, but thats a focus when the update is flawless :)

so gamebackup takes ss?

#39 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

so gamebackup takes ss?

No that's a gamebackup you can use incase there is something wrong with the patch. It won't take SS's. Its for testing purposes. Until there is a fix released use gamebackup

#40 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Cool. Thanks

#41 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

If it's made compulsory right now, I'm not so sure people would be willing to dowwnload the patch for a ladder which rarely works properly anyway. And what if people like to play the missions from the CDs every now and again, but can't because they need to be playing using the multiplayer only version of TS in order for the AutoSS to work? ;*O

#42 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

If it's made compulsory right now, I'm not so sure people would be willing to dowwnload the patch for a ladder which rarely works properly anyway. And what if people like to play the missions from the CDs every now and again, but can't because they need to be playing using the multiplayer only version of TS in order for the AutoSS to work? ;*O

Of course it won't be made compulsory with errors. Maybe for HOF? Who knows, not my call.

#43 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Thanks Grant! For a minute there, I was worried that it'd be made compulsory, and that people who got wins against people who didn't have the AutoSS wouldn't be given the wins, due to people without the AutoSS being unofficially forbidden from playing tournies, but still being allowed to join and play tournament games! Because in that case, the ladder would probably go from only counting one in ten games, to one in twenty. ;*(

#44 humble

humble

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hey Sean...

Does this upload randomly taken SS from every game I play while using it? Or only some games? It seems it was working and not isn't anymore? My TS sometimes crashes after finishing games.

#45 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

New updates available from Olaf!

#46 Chrisev

Chrisev

CnCSaga Staff since 2009

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9132 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrisev

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Thanks neo, i will test :)

#47 humble

humble

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Thank you sir, testerizinationalation now.

#48 mercury1

mercury1

New Conscript

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Auto ss works for me. http://xwis.net/ts/games/11131/

http://xwis.net/ts/games/11046/

A few games it did not work, any ideas??

Edited by mercury1, 07 December 2012 - 05:44 PM.
links fixed

#49 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

@mercury1: looks like both of those have screenshots attached :)

#50 nodrescue

nodrescue

nodrescue

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

I was looking through the Screen Shots and wondering
How do you know who's is who as i cannot see any info ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users