16 replies to this topic

#1 Ismael100

Ismael100

Supreme Allied Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Where can i find the new yr maps to download??? I've looked over ST and couldn't find the actual download link

#2 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

you dont download them they are automatically in qm, there already in the game, maps arent new just werent in qm before, u can make sure u play them in ur game account, by clicking yuri's revenge maps. Tbh i wudnt worry to much about them anyway most are stupid and unfair and there introduction made Yr qm worse than it already was.

#3 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Moved to correct forum!

#4 DuCeIsMe

DuCeIsMe

Seal

• Warning
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

to all admins and ron:

my first impressions on yuris after two years.
naval maps as sov vs yuri, maps wit crates, unbalanced maps.

not every map is a good map, but i play every map on yuris. it took out really the fun of playing because playing maps like h&s vs a decent yuri as sov is more then bs.
i hope in few weeks / months ppl will think about this. please remove few maps as qm-map.

you dont download them they are automatically in qm, there already in the game, maps arent new just werent in qm before, u can make sure u play them in ur game account, by clicking yuri's revenge maps. Tbh i wudnt worry to much about them anyway most are stupid and unfair and there introduction made Yr qm worse than it already was.

just make a poll. zigzag is right here.

Edited by DuCeIsMe, 17 December 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#5 kacknoobz

kacknoobz

GAME ON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

to all admins and ron:

my first impressions on yuris after two years.
naval maps as sov vs yuri, maps wit crates, unbalanced maps.

not every map is a good map, but i play every map on yuris. it took out really the fun of playing because playing maps like h&s vs a decent yuri as sov is more then bs.
i hope in few weeks / months ppl will think about this. please remove few maps as qm-map.

just make a poll. zigzag is right here.

i dont mind maps like hammer vs yuri its ussually intresting, stupid maps like mount olympus, arena etc theres like 10 qm maps that are all about whos dog wins the middle and after that its just game over, completely stupid imo

-Zig

Edited by GavenSmith, 17 December 2012 - 09:01 PM.

#6 DuCeIsMe

DuCeIsMe

Seal

• Warning
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

h&s = boomer spam. they removed sov-land for few years because it was naval.

zig, lets play some games this week.

#7 kacknoobz

kacknoobz

GAME ON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

h&s = boomer spam. they removed sov-land for few years because it was naval.

zig, lets play some games this week.

True but i used to enjoy SvY on sov land was difficult but fun and who cares if they boomer spam just blow the bridges and get flack trucks and subs, tech make supers n choppers = gg....

ill probably be on yr on wed/thur evening, but try not to start an arguement again :D

#8 DuCeIsMe

DuCeIsMe

Seal

• Warning
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

ill think i go 2 months ra2 to get some skills back by mass-qming, then we will see who is da champ on yuris. xD

#9 kacknoobz

kacknoobz

GAME ON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

ill think i go 2 months ra2 to get some skills back by mass-qming, then we will see who is da champ on yuris. xD

i look foward to the challenge :D

#10 DuCeIsMe

DuCeIsMe

Seal

• Warning
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

there was, is and always will be only one rule at yuris: duce, jr > all.
in 2 months bro, i show no mercy.

#11 kacknoobz

kacknoobz

GAME ON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

there was, is and always will be only one rule at yuris: duce, jr > all.
in 2 months bro, i show no mercy.

loool like i sayed, i look foward to it :D

#12 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

Duce,

There's two arguements are. Will start with the yuri one:

In playing the new maps added to yuri QM, I think it has made it better. Hammer is the one oddball, sure, but I feel Hammer is better than any of the alternatives. You just need to be able to use the mass of your units against yuri. For example, check some of the scores from top sovs vs. top yuris there, I've seen much success.
The bottom line, however, is that yuri is extremely imbalanced, and finding ANY maps to play yuri on is extremely difficult, thus, were left with maps like Hammer and Sickle to fight yuri on.

The other point is the maps about dogs winning, and yes, after playing many QM's, I never intended it to be dog fights win all 33% of games. I am not sure how the probabiltiy of maps plays into it, but I do feel like I get sharpnel mountain a lot more than maps like East vs. Best, bridging the gap, and other fair, good 1on1 maps. I am not sure why this ended up the way it did, but it could use some minor alterations. Although, I do think it is taking out of context. Maps like Loaded Barrel, EvB, Tanya's, Let there be fight, are awesome maps. Maps like Sharpnel Mountain, little piece of dune, etc,. need to have less probability in QM.

#13 kacknoobz

kacknoobz

GAME ON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Duce,

There's two arguements are. Will start with the yuri one:

In playing the new maps added to yuri QM, I think it has made it better. Hammer is the one oddball, sure, but I feel Hammer is better than any of the alternatives. You just need to be able to use the mass of your units against yuri. For example, check some of the scores from top sovs vs. top yuris there, I've seen much success.
The bottom line, however, is that yuri is extremely imbalanced, and finding ANY maps to play yuri on is extremely difficult, thus, were left with maps like Hammer and Sickle to fight yuri on.

The other point is the maps about dogs winning, and yes, after playing many QM's, I never intended it to be dog fights win all 33% of games. I am not sure how the probabiltiy of maps plays into it, but I do feel like I get sharpnel mountain a lot more than maps like East vs. Best, bridging the gap, and other fair, good 1on1 maps. I am not sure why this ended up the way it did, but it could use some minor alterations. Although, I do think it is taking out of context. Maps like Loaded Barrel, EvB, Tanya's, Let there be fight, are awesome maps. Maps like Sharpnel Mountain, little piece of dune, etc,. need to have less probability in QM.

i agree with this, however i dont mind hammer i think it makes for good games. But there is quite a few that are irratating due to dog luck, i wouldnt mind seeing another megawealth vs yuri though, there's one for off tourny map in yr qm lol

Edited by GavenSmith, 23 December 2012 - 11:58 PM.

#14 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

Yes, megawealth was never intended to be in the package, I'm not quite sure how it got into QM. It works well to balance yuri....

Hammer and sickle sovs vs. yuri this month:
http://xwis.net/yr/games/29958/
http://xwis.net/yr/games/31322/
http://xwis.net/yr/games/29272/
http://xwis.net/yr/games/26547/
http://xwis.net/yr/games/20058/
http://xwis.net/yr/games/32923/

There are also a few that go the other way, but I think it's too early to call that imbalanced. If anything, it was meant to hurt yuri, by forcing them to defend from naval attacks (navy on hammer really isn't too powerful, unless you are facing spot 1).

#15 Crisis

Crisis

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9461 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

sinkhole should not be in yuri's qm, especially not avs

#16 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

-Zig

Is this your second / duplicate account?

I am not sure how the probabiltiy of maps plays into it, but I do feel like I get sharpnel mountain a lot more than maps like East vs. Best, bridging the gap, and other fair, good 1on1 maps.

Perhaps the former map has less restrictions.

#17 kacknoobz

kacknoobz

GAME ON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

Is this your second / duplicate account?

Perhaps the former map has less restrictions.

no its my younger brother's account. and as hes staying with me atm its used on my pc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users