Photo

Ste J's Ultimate Top 45 TS Players of all Time!

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#26 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

Awwwww. I shall try and be on Sunday, but depends what time I get home. Dude, I've seen these players play. I've also played with them under various name-hiding nicks. They're all pretty standard tbh, and in a 2v2 setting advantage is more on the side of me and Mike as a) we don't have noobs to cover and b) we don't have to play for 5 hours while our ops just keep mcv swapping and spamming war factories under shroud! We also have the advantage of nod and gdi mix... But anyway, we shall see. Any excuse for a competitive game for once :-)

#27 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

^^ agree

#28 elitegi10

elitegi10

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

Awwwww. I shall try and be on Sunday, but depends what time I get home. Dude, I've seen these players play. I've also played with them under various name-hiding nicks. They're all pretty standard tbh, and in a 2v2 setting advantage is more on the side of me and Mike as a) we don't have noobs to cover and b) we don't have to play for 5 hours while our ops just keep mcv swapping and spamming war factories under shroud! We also have the advantage of nod and gdi mix... But anyway, we shall see. Any excuse for a competitive game for once :-)

Haha sounds good to me! I would love if we get into a 1v1 and you expect me to hide behind a stealth gen and spam mcvs! I just think you are MASSIVELY generalizing mod players, thinking they will just bunker and wait to be killed!

Edit: I play a pool tourney on sunday, have won £30 the last 4 times I've entered for free, so mayeb a time after that I'll be playing t

Edited by elitegi10, 28 October 2012 - 05:36 AM.

#29 elitegi10

elitegi10

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:58 AM

Haha sounds good to me! I would love if we get into a 1v1 and you expect me to hide behind a stealth gen and spam mcvs! I just think you are MASSIVELY generalizing mod players, thinking they will just bunker and wait to be killed!

Edit: I play a pool tourney on sunday, have won £30 the last 4 times I've entered for free, so mayeb a time after that I'll be playing ts :D

Edited by elitegi10, 28 October 2012 - 05:36 AM.

#30 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Elite terrorised C0rps all night last night, even though Elite was tired, drunk, and deafened by his music, whilst C0rps was fully prepared and wide awake!!! ;*O

#31 elitegi10

elitegi10

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Elite terrorised C0rps all night last night, even though Elite was tired, drunk, and deafened by his music, whilst C0rps was fully prepared and wide awake!!! ;*O

Haha was good banter in the end though, he's a sorted guy :D

#32 Mjddleski

Mjddleski

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

your list is broken

#33 GEF

GEF

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

all newbs, especially rek

#34 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

You didn't even put a list GEF and you couldn't beat half on that more then one time with your nod or gdi.

So before kapa can say it...

Stf000 N003

Edited by miketehmaster, 05 November 2012 - 06:25 AM.

#35 MrFrodo

MrFrodo

TITAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

Edit: I play a pool tourney on sunday, have won £30 the last 4 times I've entered for free, so mayeb a time after that I'll be playing ts :D

even if there are 100 sams, i seen elite still sending mass dizzies to attack

#36 tommyt1

tommyt1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

Everytime a "pro" modder has come to me in 1v1, the game lasts 1-2 hour(them bunking) til i get cy to emp them....altho some are tough, I feel we will win and if we lose it will be some long ass drawn out game that we lost fromm falling asleep most likely (especially mole its always late in UK when he on!, plus work early)

Someone brought this to my attention so i thought id take a look and have my say, not all modders sit there and bunk , there are 2 or 3 modders in tib sun that would give any ww player a game on conf , what normally happens with me is the WW player trys a 1 ref diz BO which fails miserably then he leaves saying 'this is a noobie map' 1 vs 1 me on tezz' , I would definetly say that if I had elitegi or bardia on my team we would beat any ww players team (if the game is fair etc auto ss, as we all know the fog hack map cheat(deceal let the secret out) the ww players use this and have been using it for a while ), the modders named above in previous posts most of them are visc players so your correct in saying they would sit there and bunk because that was visc is , no scout for 20 mins kill viscs etc and alot of modders play visc maps these days which is decreasing there ability as a player for reasons named previously , but the hard core modders like bardia would give any ww player a run for there money in a fair game on conf, the truth is though most modders are of poor quality due to banning gdi from there games,playing visc etc which means when they play a map like conflict or bbg where you cannot hide and you have an opposite to deal with they get pummelled because they sit there and bunk like you said, perhaps the main point im making here is that a so called WW player will not automatically beat a modder on a mod map, but i do concede the WW player would last longer on a mod map against a modder than a modder would last on a ww map 90% of the time, conflict mind you is a Nod favoured map(aginst rushes/ starving ur opponent into submission etc) so I would advise any challengers to be nod if anything becomes of this, thats not to say gdi cant win on conflict but it must be done in the right conditions eg. early on and the GDI player must be south due to cash at start etc, Let me know what u think guys cheers tomo

#37 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

Right (deep breath...)

First thing's first, your comment about fog map hack is just WRONG. There is no arguing about it, it is just wrong. You cannot say 'all ww players use map hack'. What I tend to find from my own experience is that modders are notoriously bad at scouting, and ww players are far more experienced at this and stopping scouts, so when a modder get's scouted on a ww map it's always 'map hack!' straight away.

On nod vs gdi, mod maps do not favour nod so much as there are very few good gdi players who can play mod maps or choose to play mod maps, and most mod players suck when it comes to actual strategy and play style, so favour nod as nod are far easier to play to a low-average standard (ie 'make stealth, click 10000 bans, wait 2 hours for someone to dc, game ends').

MCV swapping should be banned. Period. It's only legit with hijacker. Too many games I play on these rubbish maps where you kill someone and then they just mcv swap on the other side of map and the game continues for another few hours.

I will play with any WW player of decent standard vs u and bardia / u and elitegi if you like (no mcv swap) and we can see who would wins.

#38 tommyt1

tommyt1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

Right (deep breath...)

First thing's first, your comment about fog map hack is just WRONG. There is no arguing about it, it is just wrong. You cannot say 'all ww players use map hack'. What I tend to find from my own experience is that modders are notoriously bad at scouting, and ww players are far more experienced at this and stopping scouts, so when a modder get's scouted on a ww map it's always 'map hack!' straight away.

On nod vs gdi, mod maps do not favour nod so much as there are very few good gdi players who can play mod maps or choose to play mod maps, and most mod players suck when it comes to actual strategy and play style, so favour nod as nod are far easier to play to a low-average standard (ie 'make stealth, click 10000 bans, wait 2 hours for someone to dc, game ends').

MCV swapping should be banned. Period. It's only legit with hijacker. Too many games I play on these rubbish maps where you kill someone and then they just mcv swap on the other side of map and the game continues for another few hours.

I will play with any WW player of decent standard vs u and bardia / u and elitegi if you like (no mcv swap) and we can see who would wins.

Takes even bigger deep breath <<<
first of all what is your nik on tib sun? or how many do you have?
as I have never seen you in one of my conflict games, and my games average 15 -20 mins if that so ur obviously confusing modders' with the visc players, there games probably last that long and they do what u said quote (ie 'make stealth, click 10000 bans, wait 2 hours for someone to dc, game ends').2nd of all in regards the map hack this has only recently come to light about the new mapper courtesy of deceal, so I will 1 vs 1 at any stage on conflict or 2 vs 2 etc once we both have the auto ss installed , this unfortunately is the only way we know that our game if it ever takes place is fair, in regards all ww players using it we dont know if all or only some are or have used it so you cannot state for a fact that every WW player doesnt use it the same way I cannot state that every WW player uses it. We simply do not know and it cant be proven either way untill the Auto ss program comes into being so we wont argue about that 1 as its a dead end.
In regards your comment about nod vs gdi the majority of Mod maps do favour nod due to the amount of tib and the lack of access for gdi ,not to mention the free power/and radar which on a ww map is a tool for gdi to break nod and starve nod into submission ,in regards strategy you said most mod players have no strategy etc, perhaps this is true but 'most' would be the keyword there as there are 2-3 modders that id wager in a fair game would beat any ww player on a mod map like conflict, in regards your scouting comment this only applies to new players or noobs, as if you cant scout you may aswell uninstall tib sun so I wont waste my energy on that 1,in regards the mcv swapping I kinda agree with you on that 1 as too many mod maps you can build 50 mcvs etc, but back to my original point in my conflict games you wont have time to build 50 mcvs as only good or above average modders will join my games as they know what to expect so all the visc noobs stay away, im on tonight after 9 if you fancy a friendly game 1 vs 1 conflict etc, as mentioned previously without the auto ss its only a friendly game whether I win or lose, cheers tomo

#39 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

lol :]

I like both modders and ww players, I was a modder before a ww player.

Unfortuantly a modder can't go to a ww map because they don't know how to control money while being able to use some of it to NEVER stop building, little biit of defense, decent amount of pressure, lot if possible so enemy messes up.

(E.g. building 2 much D!)

A ww player can however go to a mod map because the money is really unrestricted.

My opinion

Edited by miketehmaster, 10 November 2012 - 04:06 PM.

#40 tommyt1

tommyt1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

lol :]

I like both modders and ww players, I was a modder before a ww player.

Unfortuantly a modder can't go to a ww map because they don't know how to control money while being able to use some of it to NEVER stop building, little biit of defense, decent amount of pressure, lot if possible so enemy messes up.

(E.g. building 2 much D!)

A ww player can however go to a mod map because the money is really unrestricted.

My opinion

I would agree mike with only half of what you have stated , some modders would have no clue of how to manage there cash and expand on a WW map but not all, there is perhaps a handfull of modders who can hold there own on a WW map like FF which is one of the 2 WW maps that are played 99% of the time, this whole conversation has come about due to a so called WW player stating that a WW player would win every time on a mod map against a modder, I disagree with that statement as I have explained above, I do agree its harder to make the switch from mod maps to WW maps but i dont think its as black and white as people try to make out, some of the best WW players I know who would beat me on terrace or FF I have beaten them on conflict, so I think its down to the players ability in question rather than the Map type hes playing and I wouldnt discount all modders as bunkering nod players swapping mcv's under stealth as people have in this discussion, there are decent players who play mods and there are decent players who play WW, there are also noobs in both camps, perhaps we should try and arrange some tourneys etc to see if we can prove both sides of the discussion,
cheers Tomo

#41 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

true but depends who you put to the test.

I'll online now, I'm in the mood to play so.........Test your might, I betchu you will not win 1 of 10000000 you will like all moodders before you

claim "I survived hella long!" not realising that I had to go longer because of how the maps money is .

but yeah, TITANS PLANES INFANTRY AND EMP COMING YOUR WAY! GL!

#42 elitegi10

elitegi10

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

I'll online now, I'm in the mood to play so.........Test your might, I betchu you will not win 1 of 10000000 you will like all moodders before you

claim "I survived hella long!" not realising that I had to go longer because of how the maps money is .

Hey next time I'm on we will have our 1v1 mike! About to go out and get slightly tipsy now though. :p

And Mole, to up the stakes, how about me and you have four 1v1's some time? I choose 2 different fair mod maps (not visc..), you choose two different ww maps. This is the only way to put this debate to rest I think! :)

#43 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

i have experienced 3 legitimate "modders" in my 10 years on tiberian sun that could manage how to play westwood maps at an average level. this debate is so f&#@(*%@ old and tired but you still don't see why modders can't compete vs official map players? seriously... look at the maps you play on, you're given free radar and blue tiberium (or high-cash value tiberium equivalent) on most of them. it's not even a necessity to scout because it's obscenely obvious that it will turn into a bunk fest of stealth banshees and artillery.... that is terrible game play. when you're used to playing at these standards every day without actual competition, of course people that are accustomed to EPANDING, SCOUTING, CONTROLLING UNITS, and MANAGING ECONOMY are going to walk all over those that don't.

edit: i forgot to also state that the "rules" that you all try to establish before the game screw any need for scouting as well. by saying "no eng" you cut out one of the only ways that nod has to attack early in game, and that hurts the skill level for those of you that play mods. if people don't have to learn how to defend vs "cheap" attacks, how the hell do you expect to get better? learning to kill off these sorts of attacks is how you learn to control units and build quickly, which is how westwood players have dominated since the f#@%(*! beginning of ts. you guys have had this cycle of limiting how other players play for years, and it only hurts you and shelters you from improving

Edited by Orochi, 10 November 2012 - 05:48 PM.

#44 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Edit: MIGHT OF BEEN TOO NAUGHTY FOR THIS FORUM

I mean i agree with c0rps and his wording was exceptional, but its an opinion topic.

Edited by miketehmaster, 10 November 2012 - 06:00 PM.

#45 tommyt1

tommyt1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

i have experienced 3 legitimate "modders" in my 10 years on tiberian sun that could manage how to play westwood maps at an average level. this debate is so f&#@(*%@ old and tired but you still don't see why modders can't compete vs official map players? seriously... look at the maps you play on, you're given free radar and blue tiberium (or high-cash value tiberium equivalent) on most of them. it's not even a necessity to scout because it's obscenely obvious that it will turn into a bunk fest of stealth banshees and artillery.... that is terrible game play. when you're used to playing at these standards every day without actual competition, of course people that are accustomed to EPANDING, SCOUTING, CONTROLLING UNITS, and MANAGING ECONOMY are going to walk all over those that don't.

edit: i forgot to also state that the "rules" that you all try to establish before the game screw any need for scouting as well. by saying "no eng" you cut out one of the only ways that nod has to attack early in game, and that hurts the skill level for those of you that play mods. if people don't have to learn how to defend vs "cheap" attacks, how the hell do you expect to get better? learning to kill off these sorts of attacks is how you learn to control units and build quickly, which is how westwood players have dominated since the f#@%(*! beginning of ts. you guys have had this cycle of limiting how other players play for years, and it only hurts you and shelters you from improving

I think when you say bunkfest you just mean you couldnt kill the nod player in your first attack so then its considered 'bunking ' for a nod player to defend the first attack, i hear this alot from so called WW players who fail in the 1 ref bo diz attack i mentioned in my previous post,then they come out with the usual crap 'this is a noob map' 1 vs 1 me on tezz', the simple fact is anyone can play ww maps if they do what ww players do, simply play terrace and ff 30 times a day for 3 weeks then they become a 'WW player', and then they can spoof on like you have just done , and no just because you know how to expand on a WW map doesnt mean your going to 'walk over a modder ' on a mod map,u think ww players are the only ones who can control units or use combo attacks? the only part i agree with you on is the rules bit, that does hinder improvement for some players but again going back to the original point of this whole discussion, just because some1 is WW player doesnt mean the automatically will beat a modder on a mod map, cheers again Tomo

#46 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

my points completely went over your head and you're talking nonsense now, which i will not respond to. simply put, if you put me vs your best modders, they will lose on any mod maps of your choice if i am introduced to the map once. if you disagree, i will be happy to prove my point.

#47 tommyt1

tommyt1

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

my points completely went over your head and you're talking nonsense now, which i will not respond to. simply put, if you put me vs your best modders, they will lose on any mod maps of your choice if i am introduced to the map once. if you disagree, i will be happy to prove my point.

its nonsense in ur opinion ,and you wont respond because you know what im saying is basically correct and yes i will be gaming this evening so if you fancy a friendly game by all means , but like i said before in a previous post its a friendly game as untill the auto ss programme comes into being the games and tourneys on tib sun dont mean anything, all thanks to deceal,

#48 Orochi

Orochi

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

oh is that my reasoning? are you looking through my eyes and can you see the inner workings of my mind, is that how you know my logic so well? i said what my ACTUAL meaning behind not replying to you was, not some speculative garbage that you're spewing to try and pull to make your banter appear more credible, when it is in fact not. get your hordes of "elite modders" and i will be on tonight on my main log, feel free to have people record these as well.

edit: wasnt there some ww vs modder tournament idea going on? i would be interested in participating in this after reading all of this crap

Edited by Orochi, 10 November 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#49 elitegi10

elitegi10

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

Okay, first thing's first, I'm drunk. So excuse the typing/english errors. Anyone who's drunk suddenly loses their grasp on the english language. This is a fact :) Corpse, I've been over this with you. I don't claim to be a good ww player, simply because any good ww player has had 100x the experience on terrace as I have. But, that doesn't make them more naturally skilled than I. To think that is ridiculous. That is what this debate is: ww players not only claiming they can beat "modders" on ww maps, but they can beat them on any map, any place, any time. I've yet to meet anyone on TS that can beat me everytime on my favoured maps. Because they can't. Even greyhonda, who is a good ww player and plays a lot of mod maps should admit I can beat him on my own terms. This just pisses me off: mainly because I have always loved this game, but have found modders are a lot more friendly than ww players, so I have naturally orientated towards that way.

Even to this day I can join a terrace game and because the host doesn't know who I am, I get banned from the room. That's the experience I have had in my entire time since playing this game and I get questions like "oh why don't you play tezz more often you could be a good player". The answer is because of the dicks that play this game. So fuck you, I will happily play anyone a best of four. Even if I lose I will be sure to give you a fucking hard time. You obnoxious pricks.

#50 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

ill respond to the bi itabout greyhonda,
Everyone has diff playstyle

c0rps is not like grey and i also like long, we will bunk too but we will atttack u the entire time on a mod lol but ill be on every now n then hit me up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users