Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12219 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

XGS 1.08

Download link: http://xhp.xwis.net/utilities/XCC_Game_Spy.exe

DESCRIPTION

XGS is a tool that allows you to record games and later watch them with the game spy viewer, both are included in the zip file. To record the game you alt tab to windows and launch xcc game spy.exe just as you deploy your MCV and it will run in the background of RA2. Once the tool is running it will continue to record each and every game from that point onwards until you manually close it.

After the game you are able to view the replay, this gives a great insight into the way the game was being played, it can show beyond a doubt that a player used a president cheat or a maphack. It can also show your position in the game in the event of a reconnection error. Replays will only be accepted when there is other proof. ie- screenshots with the /r/dpl report and sync files from reconn games

INSTALLATION

Download the programme from HERE Run the installer. This will and extract all files to c:\program files\xcc\. 3x *.bin files and 2 *.exe files. You should manually copy over the multi.mix file that is on the Ra2 cd and place it in the same folder as you have Ra2 installed

Now create a shortcut for XGS and the player and place them on your desktop, you can copy them out of the start menu entry that the installer creates, you will need this for launching the program quickly at start of the game.

HOW TO USE

To launch XGS you can return to Windows during the game load screen and start XGS by clicking the shortcut,This method is generally not recommended, in some cases ra2 will crash when you are in Windows or you may experience radar glitches when you return to the game therefor its recommended you start recording your first game making sure you are playing a fun game only and not for rank. To avoid the radar glitches, set desktop colour depth to 16 bit via control panel/display/settings tab.

XGS can be started and stopped at any time from game loading to game end. Keep in mind for replays to be counted as PART proof of a map-hack you must have the game recorded before the first barracks are placed. If you want to prove a "stretch" then replay must start before the mcv is deployed

As the games are recorded they create a "xif" file that will be placed by default in "c:\Westwood\ra2\replays\" each replay takes the name format of "gamenumber_player1name_player2name.xif" ( TFD Users should find the replay folder in c:\program files\EA Games\C&C The First Decade\Red Alert 2\replays).

THESE ARE THE FILES YOU UPLOAD AS PART OF YOUR EVIDENCE OF A CHEAT BEING USED AGAINST YOU

When you end your gaming session and close RA2 you will find xgs as a DOS(a black window saying waiting....) window waiting for the next game to start. You can safely close it now.

HOW TO WATCH THE REPLAYS.

To be able to watch the replays you have recorded. Launch the shortcut you made to Xcc Game Spy Player

When the game spy player opens up. Click on the file menu and select open.The open file dialogue appears and is split into 2 sides, on the left are the player names of the person who started the replay, on the right is the game associated to that player name. On first opening there is no player selected so all game replays in the directory are shown in right hand side. Highlight a player name on left and the list on right will only shows that names replays.

Find the replay you would like to watch and highlight it in the list, now click OK and the game will play.

Alternatively you may drag a replay from a folder and drop it onto the game spy player, this will automatically open and play the file.

During the replay, the following keys can be used to alter the way it plays and shows units/buildins.

# ' ': Pause <--- space bar
# 'h': Show/hide scout history
# 'n': Show/hide names of units/buildings
# 'c': Show/hide civilian structures
# 'n': Show/hide object summery
# 'r': Restart
# 't': Show/hide terrain - available after copying multi.mix from the ra2 cd to the same directory as your Ra2 install.
# '<': Previous frame : backwards 1 frame per keystroke (after pausing with space bar)
# '>': Next frame : forward 1 frame per keystroke (after pausing with space bar)
# `shift and '<' Fast rewind (10 frames)
# `shift and '>' Fast forward (10 frames)

The replay will repeat until closed or another opened.

Written by Riz

Edited by BlueBala, 07 June 2013 - 01:15 AM.

#2 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

When i have downloaded this, it tries to open up RA2.exe at the same time (and cannot find it) - but i use Red Alert 2.exe (as this has Auto SS attached, and new maps)

is this right ?

#3 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

When i have downloaded this, it tries to open up RA2.exe at the same time (and cannot find it)

Does it return an error message?
It's indeed hardcoded for RA2.exe.

#4 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

I think so yes, i will try when home, and post up what it says.

Do you agree it shouldnt be hardcoded for ra2.exe since most should be using other auto ss now? Or 2 diff codes for them, dependant on auto ss or not

#5 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

"unable to find game"

#6 Enj0y

Enj0y

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • XWIS Name: Enj0y

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

it auto started MP version, but does not auto start the new patch, Dont think it a major as it still record games I just have to start 2 programs thats all.

Edit: nice guide.

Edited by Enj0y, 18 October 2012 - 06:57 PM.

#7 Billyx700

Billyx700

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

I have the same problem as SexyClan, it says it can't find the game and before that I get the message "Missing required file "ssleay32.dll".". What do I have to do to make it work?

#8 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

I have the same problem as SexyClan, it says it can't find the game and before that I get the message "Missing required file "ssleay32.dll".". What do I have to do to make it work?

Make a folder called XGS under my documents. Cut and paste the XGS replay into that folder then open XCC Game spy and browse the XGS file.

#9 Billyx700

Billyx700

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

What XGS replay?

#10 Billyx700

Billyx700

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Hello?

#11 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Just start the game yourself.

#12 Billyx700

Billyx700

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

But how do I start recording then?

Edited by Billyx700, 17 January 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#13 Chrisev

Chrisev

CnCSaga Staff since 2009

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9132 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrisev

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

normally it automatically save replays, if it dont work you can try to start the game via XGS

#14 Billyx700

Billyx700

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

What I meant was: Does the program start recording even if it can't find the game?

#15 tbiol

tbiol

Captain

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • XWIS Name: tbiol

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

I have a few questions: 

You say that you have the xgs recorder downloaded, do you have the player?

Can you locate the files that are 'game recordings'?

If you can locate, can you play the files on the player?

There were two different ways that the xcc game spy program worked:

1.  you had to open up a stand alone window, which, if game wasn't on would say something like " waiting for ...."

2.  It was built in to the ss uploader, and would run automaticallly, and save files to an XGS folder in your documements.

Now, one thing I don't know, is if the recorder is part of the Auto ss uploader, or if hte auto ss uploader automatically runs the program (only if you have it on your computer)

#16 Billyx700

Billyx700

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

Ok I managed to record the game now, but I have another problem. When I open the file all I get is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDLumooZ1n4&list=UUMxCrYGOwtex_wZvVWWBK1g&index=1

Which is basically the whole map, it's like 50x quicker than the actual game, every move of every player is shown, except you can't really see stuff, it's only dots and lines instead of what I saw while I was playing, what did I do wrong?

Ps.: It was an offline game btw., don't know if that matters.

Edited by Billyx700, 08 April 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#17 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

That's what you're supposed to see. Read the last part of the initial post to learn how to use the program. 

#18 Billyx700

Billyx700

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

I did, and I tried all the commands listed there but it doesn't help, it still looks like that. And what do you mean by that's what I'm supposed to see? Can't XGS record like fraps so you can watch the actual game? I tried to use fraps btw. but if I do that and play with 4 people I almost instantly get that stupid "internal error" bs every time.

#19 Billyx700

Billyx700

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

Hello?

#20 XTF

XTF

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • XWIS Name: xtf

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

No, XGS is not like Fraps.

#21 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

Hello?

If you want to record a game try using camtasia or hypercam

#22 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:13 AM

If you want to record a game try using camtasia or hypercam

Hey, i have my desktop back up so i can record games again :D.

Any idea how to get some of these programs free? Lol

#23 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:41 AM

Obs

#24 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:20 PM

Obs

Awesome thanks, ever since my uncle erased my archive of games... ive been depressed. But i think im gonna bring back my game + commetary every week if i can get it working. Thanks!

#25 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:52 PM

i hope so tony i liked the poltergeist game :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users