#1 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts
  • XWIS Name: sean3z

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

We're officially reinstating the Tiberian Sun Bounty Hunters group starting with Mole40k.

The Bounty Hunters group has been a cornerstone to catching cheaters throughout Red Alert 2, as they play on random nicks to ensure games are played fairly. This means, you never know when you could possibly be playing a Bounty Hunter.

Mole40k is a very experienced player and knows how to spot cheats.

Cheaters be warned!

#2 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • XWIS Name: Mole40k

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Thanks Sean. Cheaters beware!

#3 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Welcome :)

#4 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

gj on the newly added bounty hunter system to TS
congrats to mole ;)

#5 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

That's great!!!!!! ;*D I thought Mole might've been namehiding before this! ;*O It's good that this'll lead to more activity, too. ;*D

#6 Chrisev

Chrisev

CnCSaga Staff since 2009

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9132 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chrisev

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Congratz & welcome,
Good job, starting with proven cheater the rank 1 of last month :D

#7 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

LOL!!!!!!!! Scorpion is easy to spot when he cheats, so it shouldn't be too difficult!!!! Although I think he's been playing fairly so far this month!!!!!!1 I haven't played him much, though! ;*O

#8 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

haha, Good luck Mole, I hope punishments after cheat reports are not severe and if dodgeable when they re-ban to not double the time...

#9 Lurker

Lurker

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

lol so why the sudden interest in helping TS, a couple of months ago nobody cared.

#10 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

lol so why the sudden interest in helping TS, a couple of months ago nobody cared.

This couldn't be further from the truth. Please understand that it takes time to get right people and resources in place :)

#11 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

Agree with Sean ^. There's had to be a lot of work go on behind the scenes to repair some of the mess certain 'poisonous' members of the TS community left us in. Thankfully, now with Sean on ST staff, and stuff like this, we can make a real impression with ST and make many more changes for the good. I've actually had a few sneak peaks of some of the stuff Sean is working on with ST and I have to say it -- it looks really good!

On a personal level, I should also point out that I've always been interested in helping TS, and indeed have put it as much effort as anyone in the community over the years to help keep things going. Cncgamer / cncwarzone would have died very quickly without the work of people like myself and a few others carrying on despite calls for us to just give up and let TS die. This is because, whether I'm playing TS or not, I appreciate that TS has played a significant role in my life, and despite the cheaters, and the abundance of trolls, when it comes to the 'good guys' in the TS community, there are few better games out there.

So ok, the game has flaws (imbalanced, bugs, community[?!]), but I still love it for what it is. Even though the player base may have dwindled over the years, this is another chance to give something back, and so I jumped at the opportunity to help some more when Sean asked me. Seriously, if Sean and the ST team manage to get even half of our plans into action, TS will be in the best position it's been in, probably since the early days of WOL.

So, stick with us, and keep playing games of TS. Why not even invite some friends for a few games? If the teams are balanced, and there are no stupid 'rules', I will play with anyone, and I encourage you all to adopt the same attitude. It's time for TS to move on from the arguments and bitterness of the past. We're in the best position we've been in since before EA bought the game, so let's all work together to keep the game we love alive!

#12 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

I will agree with Lurker to an extent!!!!!!!!!!1 Sometimes I find all the work that people like Sean and Mole are doing to be admirable, and they give me hope for the future of TS, but other times, Sean sounds like he couldn't care less, when people like me and Mammy are coming up with ideas, and he will shoot them down saying, "Why should we put in the time and effort to make that possible?" Mixed signals like that can be very confusing, not to mention disheartening to the people putting thought into how to make TS popular again!!!!!

Mole, who did you consider to be the poisonous members of the community??? ;*P I'm not knocking what you're saying, seeing as how all communities seem to have their bad apples, I'm just curious as to who populates your list, seeing as how discussions like that can always lead to a lot of humour! ;*D

Speaking of CNCWARZONE, is Outburst8 still around??? ;*O He was funny. ;*P

It sounds exciting that you think you can build up TS to the point it was at in 2000!!! ;*D It almost seems too good to be true, in fact, since I didn't think XWIS was willing to put such resources into TS!!!!1 ;*O But no matter what happens, thanks for all your efforts, Sean and Mole! ;*D And I have no intention of stopping playing! ;*D

#13 Lurker

Lurker

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

I got warned? LOL but whatever, This is my last post on this forum....

Mole Goodluck and congrats.

goodbye

#14 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

I got warned? LOL but whatever, This is my last post on this forum....

You received a verbal warning for spamming in cheat reports.

Sean sounds like he couldn't care less, when people like me and Mammy are coming up with ideas, and he will shoot them down saying, "Why should we put in the time and effort to make that possible?" Mixed signals like that can be very confusing, not to mention disheartening to the people putting thought into how to make TS popular again!!!!!

I certainly don't want to give you the wrong impression as I currently spend many hours, working on things for TS and XWIS. So I'm not shooting any ideas down aimlessly. I would just like for you guys to understand the current state of TS and the direction we should be headed.

The example you're referring to, I was trying to put things into perspective. We have a very limited TS staff; therefore, we have to manage our time wisely and find balance between Moderation and new Development.

Rest assured. If I didn't care, I wouldn't be involved :)

Edited by Sean3z, 17 October 2012 - 06:30 PM.

#15 miketehmaster

miketehmaster

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

Big words no action ROFL j/k

#16 Mole40k

Mole40k

Seal

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

Guys, guys, let's not get negative here.

@Stej - you have to appreciate that unless you're working at Blizzard, truth is almost all games companies are actually a far smaller team of people than they like you to think. I used to work for one of the world's most profitable MMO companies and players thought our office in EU was massive. Truth was, it was 20 people. Now when you consider just what XWIS is, you will appreciate that actually the team is very small, and is mainly volunteers. Sean has a full time job, as I'm sure do a lot of the other staff members here. Thus, things take time, plus people like Sean have been working very hard in the background to get relations between the community and ST to a good level. Let's not bring things down now!

#17 Ste_J

Ste_J

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

Yes, I did have an idea that a percentage of the XWIS staff probably weren't being paid, and it's definitely commendable that they're willing to put so much thought and creative energy into these old games that the big corporations have abandoned!! ;*D But maybe other people thought the same way I did in that other thread, so regardless of how you look at it, it's probably for the best that our concerns have been addressed here!! ;*D I felt guilty about what I said after!!!!

Are Blizzard the biggest gaming corporation these days??????/ I thought it might've been EA or UbiSoft, because I remember when UbiSoft had attractive women well trained to play their FPS games, in order to attract more people and attention to their games, and that kind of thing must take money!! ;*O But I know Blizzard are known for their MMORPG games, and I can't stand how popular they've gotten, seeing as how they all seem to follow the "pay to play" format! ;*@

When did you work for that MMO company??????/ Congrats!!! ;*D

#18 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

nice to see there is a mole in TS now to get rid of cheaters also :D good work and welcome.

#19 Shauny

Shauny

EF Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8667 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

Welcome :D

#20 Niek

Niek

Commander

• Members
  • 12274 posts
  • XWIS Name: Niek

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

This couldn't be further from the truth. Please understand that it takes time to get right people and resources in place :)

lol

Thanks Sean. Cheaters beware!

Go and Get them! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users