4 replies to this topic

#1 Cupcake42

Cupcake42

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

I tried searching for this, and couldn't really find the answer I was looking for. Anyway, a friend I went to high school with has Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge, so I created an account last fall in case we ever wanted to play.

I'm looking at the Control Panel, if I click a nick for a game, it shows up with a "delete nick" option. I also notice the "create nick option, which leads me to some questions...

1. If I delete a nick, does this mean I have to re-register my serial, or does the serial delete too? If it helps, I have C&C The First Decade.

2. Am I able to create a new nick to replace an old one?

I don't plan on playing regularly online, I just plan to play a friend if he's ever in the mood for some Yuri's Revenge.

Since I don't use forums much is it ok to ask this here too? I understand it's against the rules to disconnect from what I've read, but what if connection is lost due to a force out of your control (power goes out, problems with the ISP, etc), would this be rule breaking? Just like to know since things like that happen from time to time.

Please answer my questions and thanks in advance.

Edited by SuperCuke, 17 August 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#2 Peer

Peer

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

1. no, your serial will still be activated

2. yes, only if its not being used atm. I dont know the exact duration of the process before its " fully" removed

#3 Cupcake42

Cupcake42

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

Thank you, this answered my questions about nicks and serials. Thanks, I wanted to change it for playing in-game.

#4 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2964 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

Since I don't use forums much is it ok to ask this here too? I understand it's against the rules to disconnect from what I've read, but what if connection is lost due to a force out of your control (power goes out, problems with the ISP, etc), would this be rule breaking? Just like to know since things like that happen from time to time.

Please answer my questions and thanks in advance.

If it's not intentional and it doesn't happen often, you'll be fine.

#5 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1383 posts
  • XWIS Name: Sean

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

Thanks for letting us know your problem is resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users