24 replies to this topic

#1 e5q8

e5q8

Seal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

I say we get Olaf off his lazy ass and start helping more. Sure he got a great server supporting the games but he aint doing jack shit anymore besides maintaining it.

I say we get a tiberian sun website going. Like any other game out there today tiberian sun needs a website with information on strategies, units, structures, etc. A fancy website with pictures/videos showcasing each unit etc from tiberian sun like a professional game website. a link to download and register the game. Hell we could even make official mods of the game that totally change what TS is. We could have a few channel operators aka ingame moderators possibly? A XWIS official youtube channel with people contributing to the game with new maps, tips, gameplay, etc.

Like League of legends. Olaf you literally pretty much own the rights to Tiberian Sun, Renegade, RA2, etc. They are literally YOUR FUCKING GAMES. You OWN WESTWOOD STUDIOS. Maybe you should start acting like it bitch.

You're like a dad who doesn't talk to his kids but pays the bills and pats the kid on the head when he gets home after he sees their report card.

Yes I'm willing to help out with this by any means. From video game commentaries, posting news articles, designing web pages to the best of my ability, advertising, etc.

I think you need to start givingo ut jobs for said positions and get to it. if you build it they will come.

DId you know we could make a MOBA ts game? Modify TS to have one or two MOBA style maps, some defense towers, etc. Could easily do it. For example have a base in each corner. Each person gets control of one structure at the start of the game for example the helipad, barracks, warfactory, etc. they can only spawn one unit at a time. give that unit some abilities etc. instant hit lol

Edited by e5q8, 10 August 2012 - 09:37 PM.

#2 BornL33T

BornL33T

Drug Baron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1321 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

I say we get Olaf off his lazy ass and start helping more. Sure he got a great server supporting the games but he aint doing jack shit anymore besides maintaining it.

I say we get a tiberian sun website going. Like any other game out there today tiberian sun needs a website with information on strategies, units, structures, etc. A fancy website with pictures/videos showcasing each unit etc from tiberian sun like a professional game website. a link to download and register the game. Hell we could even make official mods of the game that totally change what TS is. We could have a few channel operators aka ingame moderators possibly? A XWIS official youtube channel with people contributing to the game with new maps, tips, gameplay, etc.

Like League of legends. Olaf you literally pretty much own the rights to Tiberian Sun, Renegade, RA2, etc. They are literally YOUR FUCKING GAMES. You OWN WESTWOOD STUDIOS. Maybe you should start acting like it bitch.

You're like a dad who doesn't talk to his kids but pays the bills and pats the kid on the head when he gets home after he sees their report card.

Yes I'm willing to help out with this by any means. From video game commentaries, posting news articles, designing web pages to the best of my ability, advertising, etc.

I think you need to start givingo ut jobs for said positions and get to it. if you build it they will come.

DId you know we could make a MOBA ts game? Modify TS to have one or two MOBA style maps, some defense towers, etc. Could easily do it. For example have a base in each corner. Each person gets control of one structure at the start of the game for example the helipad, barracks, warfactory, etc. they can only spawn one unit at a time. give that unit some abilities etc. instant hit lol

I think you need to be more polite .

#3 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

heres another of his "constructive" posts:

logos look like shit. look like doodles. i could do better but theres no need for that kind of garbage for xwis maybe if xwis was more than a ragtag junky server to play old unpopular cnc games

hes a stand up guy :unsure:

#4 e5q8

e5q8

Seal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

heres another of his "constructive" posts:

hes a stand up guy :unsure:

Thanks for posting this. I think this is how I really feel about the situation of XWIS and in all honesty battlecast primetime didn't do jack shit to help Tiberium Wars from falling apart. If you look up most tiberian sun soundtrack videos on youtube there are 100's upon 100's of people who hate EA for what they did to C&C namely Tiberian Twilight. But you dont see many of those people actively playing the older C&Cs. I think working to rebuild TS with a website, youtube channel, etc would have minimal results and could fall flat on its face but theres always a small chance that somebody does something that gets attention and i believe that could be enough to boost TS awareness and get some of those mindcraft kids on TS lol. in all honesty it is probably a lot of work for nothing and nothing can be done.

http://xwis.net is the main site for this server. look at it. its just some text and a forum (where we are now). horrible. no videos no tutorials no information no nothing. part of running a server and a game is updating it from time to time.

#5 elitegi10

elitegi10

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:25 AM

Well I've started making a MOBA map myself. I've already made a complete tower defense map in the style of the flash game TD's. I just think one way to keep TS alive is through new maps and gametypes. Doesn't substitute for error fixing and patching etc, but making maps is what's kept me coming back to this game anyway

#6 FrzFlame

FrzFlame

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • XWIS Name: North

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

Hey, 2005 called... It wants it's spirit for TS survival back.

#7 GunChesta

GunChesta

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

2005 is a year/number, therefor it cannot make calls... Sorry.

Edited by GunChesta, 13 August 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#8 FrzFlame

FrzFlame

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

2005 is a year/number, therefor it cannot make calls... Sorry.

Posted Image

#9 Ra1supreme

Ra1supreme

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • XWIS Name: win4cabal

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

listen guys.. im from ra1, and where i come from a server is run for cnc95, ra1, ts AND ra2.. there is atleast 40-50 players online on ra1 everyday somedays double that.. and there is some on ts and very veyr very few on ra2 if any, only seen a couple on the ra2 one.. but there is a huge oldschool cnc community out there, and they are dying to take over the command of cnc95 up to TS, and alot of this can be realised.. but its only possible if olaf (and im sensing that hes more than ready to give in) is ready to hand the torch of cnc95 ra1 and TS to them, so they can maintain it and run these three games..

again it depends on olaf, and imho its only in the best interest of ALL if olaf can make this happen, he doesnt have to put energy or support in any of these three games.. and i can introduce him to this community/people
this way olaf can focus on ra2 and yr and they focus on cnc95/ra1/TS..

also all of these cnc fans have a place/irc chat room they go to everyday, where they chat and arrange games etc, very nice

Edited by ra2supreme, 14 August 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#10 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts
  • XWIS Name: sean3z

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

@ra2supreme: I'm guessing you weren't actively involved here a year ago.

I happen to have a bit of insight on this subject. Spitting up the remaining community, isn't a good idea. It's going to take a bit more than (yet another) server to bring these games back to life :)

@Chris (e5q8): Instead of just complaining, why don't you create a TS site? You can even pull in stats, games etc. specifically for TS. And to help you get started, I even created an API you can use.

http://api.xwis.us:81/docs/

Edited by Sean3z, 14 August 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#11 Ra1supreme

Ra1supreme

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

@ra2supreme: I'm guessing you weren't actively involved here a year ago.

I happen to have a bit of insight on this subject. Spitting up the remaining community, isn't a good idea. It's going to take a bit more than (yet another) server to bring these games back to life :)

@Chris (e5q8): Instead of just complaining, why don't you create a TS site? You can even pull in stats, games etc. specifically for TS. And to help you get started, I even created an API you can use.

http://api.xwis.us:81/docs/

you are not splitting anything up in any bad way.. TS is neglected in a way, and cnc95 ra1 ts is run unofficially by the guys with 40+ playing online everyday.. why not take advantge of that and the manpower and community that already exist? TS people can run their shit properly along with others from the cnc95/ra1 guys etc cooperating with olaf.. its clear to everyone that olaf is a busy man, and he doesnt give much on TS, and they dont have the manpower, why not give it to someone who can take charge and make the game more attractive and active and official? then you have ONE huge cnc community instead of splitting, so you dont split, infact you are merging the communities into one

Edited by ra2supreme, 14 August 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#12 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

You're not saying much that I don't know already or hasn't been said. This has been tried many times before (even by your's truly - and with a far bigger TS following), with the existing community. It just doesn't work out. As I've expressed to Toni, I'd much rather see him put his efforts into helping XWIS.

#13 Ra1supreme

Ra1supreme

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

thats not what im saying.. olaf gets in contact with these people, capable guys within the community itself, then they can get the server handed to them gradually with olaf looking and if he feels sure they are capable and can do the job, he will hand the server to them and the responsibility.. or he can shut the ts xwis and ts can be run on their server which is a very capable server

#14 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

You're honestly suggesting we just hand over the TS portion of XWIS to someone we don't even know or isn't actively involved in the XWIS community?

ts can be run on their server which is a very capable server

That server doesn't even have a fully functional Gameres or Ladder server. Not to mention serials. As it stands, legit serials are required to participate in the Ladder. The server you're proposing we all move to, has neither.

Edited by Sean3z, 14 August 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#15 Ra1supreme

Ra1supreme

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

You're honestly suggesting we just hand over the TS portion of XWIS to someone we don't even know or isn't actively involved in the XWIS community?

That server doesn't even have a fully functional Gameres or Ladder server. Not to mention serials. As it stands, legit serials are required to participate in the Ladder. The server you're proposing we all move to, has neither.

2 years ago approx this was suggested and olaf was looking in to it, so yes, olaf and those people will get to meet, know eachother, olaf gets to see their community, site, how many online, how well run it is, their active irc chat, and he can get a conclusion and see from there.. these people are very serious and hardcore cnc gamers, much more than anyone on this site probably, so yes there are in fact capable people out there. I will post links and link to the cnc chat room tonight, check it out..

btw xwis is by far not the only cnc community out there, i think olaf would rather want xwis either emerge/split, so he can run ra2 and they run cnc95 ra1 and ts, but cooperate, and merge into one community.. there are several suggestions and ideas.. depends on olaf, all i know is that olaf was interested in this before

Edited by ra2supreme, 14 August 2012 - 06:45 PM.

#16 FrzFlame

FrzFlame

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

I remember like 7 years ago when I discovered a small community of TS players all playing on game spy.

You guys problem has always been this,, you are all too dumb and nerdy to be leaders. You let your jealousy of people like me ruin every effort to save this game. If TS players werent such ingrates then Stefor and revolt would be in control of the severs and all Cnc games would be supported and acknowledged. You can't do it without a charismatic and capable leader like destroyer, myself, Stefor, not many others. But you all know you are haters and you don't even deserve to have the server you still have. Stefors final message left on champ site hit the nail on the head and TS has not recovered even one step since that day. Even if I bought out Olaf, had a non shitty programmer make functional non glitchy servers. And funded marketing for the game., I 100% am positive you people would find a way to piss me off enough to not bother before I got started.

#17 jeffbeck

jeffbeck

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

Some players can play for ladder points without a serial.

This looks interesting : http://xwis.us/

Make video tutorials for online gaming such as build orders, tactics etc and post the address in the TS chat lobby so new players can get up to speed more quickly.

I play Enemy Territory and there is a great community that runs and supports various forms of the game. It's a well run operation: http://et.trackbase.net/

Edited by jeffbeck, 14 August 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#18 e5q8

e5q8

Seal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

Hey, losers. lol. I have made a site (before seeing yalls bitching.)

the site is called F2P15.com

This site is unrelated to Tiberian Sun. It's for free to play games that have multiplayer matches that last around 15 minutes. The whole point of the 15 minute mark is to express the type of F2p games on the site. As a youtube commentator especially with a copyreight strike i am limited to 15 minute matches. That along with how much work it can be to talk over 15 minutes mainly gave me the idea. I also dont buy video games anymore. I dont feel buying software is worth it anymore. So I support free games that arent MMOs. MMOs are stupid wastes of time compared to games that can go from start to finish in 15 minutes. I feel it is the healthiest type of game on the market considering how retail games milk with expansions and rehashes all day. F2P has no need to make new games with they can update their current game. Everyone wins. The site will be a news site covering F2P games that are not MMOs. Most f2p sites have mmo in their name like mmohut mmonomb and so on. which is funny because they arent called f2pbomb or f2phut.

The site will be covering mostly first person shooters with game modes like team death, ground control, etc. This also includes games like league of legends with its dominion gameplay mode among many other games which also includes command& conquer games that are free. Basically I decided I want to put my video game commentaries to work in a environment that doesn't focus on me but as a product to inform people of new f2p games which also includes giving tips and information on games I personally like. Although Tiberian Sun will be a very small part of the website and correlating youtube it will be covered.

I have made several websites like this before that I only put a few weeks into or a few months before shutting down. I am aware it will take several years for the website and youtube to be recognized as a reliable source of information. It's part of my life now like having a baby that I have to take care of. I'm not asking for help. I don't plan to. I am just going to continue to make videos and upgrade the site. I am aware that my current youtube averages like 5 views a day. WHICH IS HORRIFIC.

Defiantly treading into depressive waters. I will push through it. Feel free to watch it grow and make fun of it, lol.

Edited by e5q8, 14 August 2012 - 10:59 PM.

#19 Ra1supreme

Ra1supreme

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:13 AM

I remember like 7 years ago when I discovered a small community of TS players all playing on game spy.

You guys problem has always been this,, you are all too dumb and nerdy to be leaders. You let your jealousy of people like me ruin every effort to save this game. If TS players werent such ingrates then Stefor and revolt would be in control of the severs and all Cnc games would be supported and acknowledged. You can't do it without a charismatic and capable leader like destroyer, myself, Stefor, not many others. But you all know you are haters and you don't even deserve to have the server you still have. Stefors final message left on champ site hit the nail on the head and TS has not recovered even one step since that day. Even if I bought out Olaf, had a non shitty programmer make functional non glitchy servers. And funded marketing for the game., I 100% am positive you people would find a way to piss me off enough to not bother before I got started.

i agree with most of what you said.. these handful of players should be slapped in the head and put down from their high horse.. a game like TS is too legendary and unique to be wasted and left behind.. about time people wake up and walk the walk, take time and effort and a little bit of risk and let the servers be run by good and capable people

its a pity, ra2 is being run well, cnc95/ra1 is being run very well and why should TS not be run well too? i know some people who are hardcore cnc fans and who are more than capable and willing to run the show with cnc95/ra1 AND TS, officially

Edited by ra2supreme, 15 August 2012 - 01:14 AM.

#20 FrzFlame

FrzFlame

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

The answer to your question, is because Olaf has a personal grudge against TS like most oldschool RA2 players do.

back in the prime of the games, RA2 had a larger player base because more people liked it due to the fact that it was an easier game. But RA2 players thought that ment their game was superior as a RTS game.

In arguments with TS players we would mock them because they had no skill beyond what a TS player would call an infantry rush. And we backed it up by going into their game and raping their ladders and best players with a week or two of practice and they couldn't do the same to us. RA2 players couldn't even surpass the skill level set by our hacked up mod map players. This era which Olaf was apart of caused ra2 players to become very resentful of TS players and this is the reason why Olaf has done nothing for the game since he got it. With the exception of the suggestions made by dumb ass TS players like TRZ and bettzeug to have mods banned from the ladders etc in which caused our player base to get cut in half. Olaf will have an orgasm the day TS has 0 players and he can shut down the server.

Edited by FrzFlame, 15 August 2012 - 07:36 PM.

#21 ExpaNd

ExpaNd

RanDoMiZer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3828 posts
  • XWIS Name: ExpaNd

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

The answer to your question, is because Olaf has a personal grudge against TS like most oldschool RA2 players do.

back in the prime of the games, RA2 had a larger player base because more people liked it due to the fact that it was an easier game. But RA2 players thought that ment their game was superior as a RTS game.

In arguments with TS players we would mock them because they had no skill beyond what a TS player would call an infantry rush. And we backed it up by going into their game and raping their ladders and best players with a week or two of practice and they couldn't do the same to us. RA2 players couldn't even surpass the skill level set by our hacked up mod map players. This era which Olaf was apart of caused ra2 players to become very resentful of TS players and this is the reason why Olaf has done nothing for the game since he got it. With the exception of the suggestions made by dumb ass TS players like TRZ and bettzeug to have mods banned from the ladders etc in which caused our player base to get cut in half. Olaf will have an orgasm the day TS has 0 players and he can shut down the server.

Have a week or two of practice and come rape me,
although i am a Yuris revenge player at heart, (the game that had most of the better players out of the Cnc Series) including people who played Tib Sun, like Gotenks etc...
I find Red alert 2 more fun then tiberian sun, but yuris revenge will always be the best.
i don't doubt that highly-skilled TIb sun players could move on to any other game and become good at it.......
but they've never got a rank 1 in clan or QM, so quit with the B/S

i do admit RA2 is a little BLAND, but still it's the same Yr players could go to Ra2 and rape in less then a week... but RA2 players couldn't.. why?

Because RA2 doesn't have as many units, as tiberian sun, therefore it's easier to pick up.
either way don't say all of this out of spite of RA2 players, i used to hate Ra2, until YR died :(

Ra2 was pretty much sell mcv and win in the first 5 mins, i'll give you that... but you would not be able to say this in the 2006 era, when most top yuris revenge players decided to move to RA2, and dominated when they did.... also bringing about tons of new good players from then.....
Sorry, but instead of being a pessimist, offer a solution to a problem, not a speculated ReaSoN.
Infact, Yuris revenge players didn't mind going to Tib sun randomly for some fun, but then again your fight is with ra2 players :p

Quit being down and negative and speading the same thing that gets spread on this forum about TS,

And to ra1supreme, why don't you INtroduce them to olaf, instead of the other way around, and maybe with some time/thought they can become moderators on Strike-team to handle the T/s server over here....

#22 FrzFlame

FrzFlame

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

sure, let me devote the next two weeks of my life to proving your game is garbage.

I'm not 15 anymore.

#23 e5q8

e5q8

Seal

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

rofl

#24 ItsMeSeb

ItsMeSeb

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

I see ts odyssey in your sig, ra1supreme. You working on that? Is it ever gonna come out? I've had some fun games on twisted insurrection lately with a few people online. :)

as for the ontopic discussion, read my post on the ts forum topic. You and your guys should think about that.

Edited by ItsMeSeb, 17 August 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#25 FrzFlame

FrzFlame

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

I see ts odyssey in your sig, ra1supreme. You working on that? Is it ever gonna come out? I've had some fun games on twisted insurrection lately with a few people online. :)

as for the ontopic discussion, read my post on the ts forum topic. You and your guys should think about that.

im not reading shit asshole

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users