6 replies to this topic

#1 Goater24

Goater24

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:27 AM

Hi, I just found out that Emperor has co-op. I tried to get on with a friend of mine, We both registered and were able to log in. But when we started the game up, it froze on the connecting screen. We left it for 15 minutes just to be sure, but it was froze, we had to force shut it. I was wondering if its still supported on here. I saw some indication that it was. Would love to know, thanks.

#2 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:37 AM

Unfortunately no one plays Emperor Battle for Dune around here and I highly doubt co-op works for it. It probably only worked when the Westwood server was online.

#3 Goater24

Goater24

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:08 AM

Thanks for the reply, I saw this on a message board on IGN:

"Date Posted: Apr 21, 2012 #1

Advertisement

Hey,

I'm new to posting here, but have been a member for a while. I'm Grant (known as NeoGrant), an administrator of the community server XWIS.

Just interested to see if everyone knew about the project that has existed since the redirection of Westwood Online to XWIS. Still to this day a lot of the C&C classics have online play and support, but was forgotten about, or was never properly advertised.

XWIS is officially sponsored and supported by EA.

A list of games that we support (and that might bring back some memories):

• Tiberian Dawn & Covert Operations
  • Red Alert, Counterstrike & Aftermath
  • Tiberian Sun & Firestorm
  • Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge
  • Renegade
  • Dune 2000
  • Emperor: Battle for Dune
  • Nox
Ladders for Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge are available, and are quite popular during times of the day. (200-300 players)

Just thought it was worth a thread to anyone who didn't know about it and was wanting to play still.

Cheers"

I saw it was more recent, so that's why I was checking if Emperor would work or not. I just went through a guide on how to forward ports specifically for it. Its a darn shame that the co-op wouldn't just work over lan. I had no idea that Emperor had co-op. Anywho, when we tried online, my buddy and I also tried deathmatch, which resulted in the frozen screen also. I figure if both deathmatch and co-op are freezing in the same manner, maybe it could still work after all. Either way, I've been trying to get to the bottom of this. Thanks again for the reply

Edited by Goater24, 31 July 2012 - 05:20 AM.

#4 dsector

dsector

Captain

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3696 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

XWIS is mainly for Red Alert 2, Yuri's Revenge and Renegade and even these games had some of the original features taken out from them (World Domination for RA2 and some random 2v2 for Yuri's if I remember correctly).

You and your friend should play some Red Alert 2 :). There's some custom campaigns (fan made) for RA2 where you can ally against the computer.

Edited by dsector, 31 July 2012 - 06:11 AM.

#5 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hi, I just found out that Emperor has co-op. I tried to get on with a friend of mine, We both registered and were able to log in. But when we started the game up, it froze on the connecting screen. We left it for 15 minutes just to be sure, but it was froze, we had to force shut it. I was wondering if its still supported on here. I saw some indication that it was. Would love to know, thanks.

Unfortunatly the co-op died with wol, its not supported by XWIS to my knowledge. Although i believe the game is played on the xwis server or was at one point.

#6 Goater24

Goater24

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

I appreciate the information. Neither my friend nor I are much for competitive RTS, we're campaigners through and through. Also, I'm pretty sure he doesn't like RA2, I personally love it, well the campaigns anyway. Has Emperor's not being supported been 100% confirmed? I've been looking all over, and I find scattered topics saying co-op is possible through XWIS, and even if it isn't, we had the same freeze up for normal skirmish.

Edited by Goater24, 31 July 2012 - 03:58 PM.

#7 Sean3z

Sean3z

Captain

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts
  • XWIS Name: sean3z

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Thanks for letting us know your problem is resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users