34 replies to this topic

#1 cncpossessed

cncpossessed

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

Maybe this is silly idea...but don't see why.

It would appear HOF isn't going to be updated officially, but seeing as top 10 can be relatively easily compiled using ladder ranks of previous month combined with checking for use of auto-SS...could just post HOF in a topic.

For example:

June 2012

1. Anything
2. Griztnk01
3. Palacio
4. Checkme
5. Gravity
6. Ra2expert
7. Xxxprepxxx
8. Villareal
9. Bigd
10. Mafiatnk

['imlogic' did not use autoss - would have been rank 8]

Just an idea....I know people probably have more than 1 nickname or whatever. But this seems relatively accurate.

Sorry that people's nicks aren't capitalized correctly ^_^

#2 ZiGZaG

ZiGZaG

Commander

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts
  • XWIS Name: Freedom

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

the admins could easily do the hof just like you have, it ahs to be checked for cheaters ban dodgers pushing etc before it can be published.

#3 cncpossessed

cncpossessed

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Yes but it isn't happening. Also, I'm pretty sure that the members of ST could identify who each of these people are...

e.g.
7. Xxxprepxxx is Prep. He is not dodging a ban and he is using auto-SS.
8. Villareal is Tim. He is not dodging a ban and he is using auto-SS. etc...

#4 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts
  • XWIS Name: voZ

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

honestly the only reason why people are still refusing the auto ss is it's not really mandatory, you need it for HoF but since HoF never gets updated the people don't care. there is no incentive to use it.

#5 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

I agree, 8 months is just to long...
The ladders and HOF keep the game alive, without those its just plain boring.

But im afraid forum designs are more important these days

#6 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

I agree, 8 months is just to long...
The ladders and HOF keep the game alive, without those its just plain boring.

But im afraid forum designs are more important these days

+1 i'd take oldschool s-t style layout with a thrown together HoF anyday over this retro crap

#7 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

Yes, please get the HOF's up to date. There's just no excuse! It is an important part of the game for many who play on the ladders, including me, who plays on and off and an updated HOF could dictate if I decide to continue to play this game past a week here or there.

For instance, it's nice to have an awesome, fun, quick match experience over on YR now (with no points filter, and more maps), but without HOF I don't see a reason to stick around.

Edited by XXxPrePxX, 15 July 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#8 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

tbh, we could make our own renegade HoF, i remember when Ra1 started falling apart the diehards made their own HoF.

#9 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

It wouldn't be the same since there's such a long history here at XWIS. It's lovely having the historic HOF updated properly. A new one in 2012? Not quite worth it.

Would be nice if Olaf and company told us what the problem was so we could offer correct help. Simple lazyness? Cheat reports not being updated? Auto-ss? Perm banned players?

HOF is such a simple, easy thing to do. Find the top 10 that didn't cheat, plug them in! Can't see why it takes more time.

#10 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

well we could make a twenty page topic on the HoF in one day, but i guarantee it still wouldn't be touched in another 6 months, by that time they'll update 3 months from a year ago. there is no incentive and i kind of don't blame the cheaters that won't use the ss uploader, since they get what they want and still can fog, why take the skill loss?

#11 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

I don't think it's that bad mate, I think they will update it if proper pressure is thrown at them.

I think from the past few months I can see Neo/Olaf want this game to be alive. I think people will leave/have left if HOF is not up to date. And they don't want their best players leaving now, do they!?

#12 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

I don't think it's that bad mate, I think they will update it if proper pressure is thrown at them.

I think from the past few months I can see Neo/Olaf want this game to be alive. I think people will leave/have left if HOF is not up to date. And they don't want their best players leaving now, do they!?

it's been thrown at them man, it's been offered help to do it, they don't pay attention to that, but as mikoz said, we have had forum designs out the ass.

#13 Ben

Ben

Volatile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9345 posts
  • XWIS Name: Ben

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

Grants been working hard so we shouldn't fault him on what he hasn't done, he's not the only Admin.

#14 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

Grants been working hard so we shouldn't fault him on what he hasn't done, he's not the only Admin.

i don't fault anything that neo or olaf both have done, however simply making changes to the HoF is first priority, like i said there is no reason for the cheaters not to use their foghack if the HoF isn't going to work anyways.

#15 cncpossessed

cncpossessed

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

i don't fault anything that neo or olaf both have done, however simply making changes to the HoF is first priority, like i said there is no reason for the cheaters not to use their foghack if the HoF isn't going to work anyways.

Only 1 person in June top 10 didn't use autoss.

Why don't they just start updating it from this month onwards? Obviously it's annoying for people who have been playing the last few years, but I don't see how it really benefits anyone to try and update HOF from last year.

Edited by a1Phil, 15 July 2012 - 06:50 PM.

#16 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

Only 1 person in June top 10 didn't use autoss.

Why don't they just start updating it from this month onwards? Obviously it's annoying for people who have been playing the last few years, but I don't see how it really benefits anyone to try and update HOF from last year.

agreed, what about cm however?

#17 cncpossessed

cncpossessed

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

Everyone in clan must use auto-SS or clan is disqualified I guess. Becomes more complicated because of pushing etc or clans playing each other when they shouldn't, but a 'rough' top 10 of clans using auto-SS would take 5min to make.

#18 volkots

volkots

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • XWIS Name: n/a

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

What if u play first 5 games... later ban dodger plays 40 games, and finally u finish with last 5 games. It does not seem so easy to check everything. Plus He might have used auto ss not all the games etc. And like someone said pushing, cheaters, dodgers should be checked.

#19 cncpossessed

cncpossessed

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

I know I know...All I was suggesting really is a 'relative' HOF for 1v1 ladder (CM is bit more complicated).

As I have already mentioned above, I'm sure 'we' are able to identify who is who from 'last months HOF'

1. Anything - ?
2. Griztnk01 - Marsh
3. Palacio - Mikoz
4. Checkme -?
5. Gravity -?
6. Ra2expert - ?
7. Xxxprepxxx - prep
8. Villareal - tim
9. Bigd - bigd
10. Mafiatnk

Although it is possible that a ban dodger has played some games on one of these accounts, provided they used auto-ss I'm not hugely bothered - but that's just me.

Edited by a1Phil, 15 July 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#20 XXxPrePxX

XXxPrePxX

King of Yuris Revenge

• XWIS Buddies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8536 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

Ra2 CM should NOT be auto-ss required. Look - I am not about to hold my clan mates responsible for Auto-SS. Drake has always been a fun, fair, ranking clan, but also, a clan that builds players. I look to the new players and try to train them through clan games etc.

If I can't get a top 10, because my 'newb' clanmate doesn't have auto-ss, that is a bit ridiculous, no?

Ra2 QM ladder should be required auto-SS. Clan ladder, not so much.

#21 zMarsHz

zMarsHz

Colonel

• ST Retirees
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5788 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

June 2012

1. Anything - Yellowish
2. Griztnk01 - Marsh
3. Palacio - Mikoz
4. Checkme - ?
5. Gravity - Piners
6. Ra2expert - itsam
7. Xxxprepxxx - Prep
8. Villareal - Tim
9. Bigd - Bigd
10. Mafiatnk - killjake2

fill in the blank :o

#22 cncpossessed

cncpossessed

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:54 PM

Ra2 CM should NOT be auto-ss required. Look - I am not about to hold my clan mates responsible for Auto-SS. Drake has always been a fun, fair, ranking clan, but also, a clan that builds players. I look to the new players and try to train them through clan games etc.

If I can't get a top 10, because my 'newb' clanmate doesn't have auto-ss, that is a bit ridiculous, no?

Ra2 QM ladder should be required auto-SS. Clan ladder, not so much.

Tell him to get auto-ss then. -.-

#23 Alb3rt

Alb3rt

Sed0na Clan Vs. ST community

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • XWIS Name: aWarNoob1

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:33 AM

Dude, I'm so not getting Auto-SS. Then everyone will find out I use hacks!

#24 Walter

Walter

Colonel

• Donators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5296 posts
  • XWIS Name: Walter

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:46 AM

keep poking the admins more

:pokey:

#25 Ben

Ben

Volatile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9345 posts
  • XWIS Name: Ben

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

The only account in the top 10 I didn't know and you guys didn't identify him! checkme.

Whoever it is made a comment versus me during a game on Urban Marine revisited... steam came out of my ears almost instantly. :furious:

77.248.152.5XX

Edited by Ben, 16 July 2012 - 02:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users