15 replies to this topic

#1 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12219 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:43 AM

How would you guys feel about having 2 clans per serial? This would eliminate some of the multiclanning that goes on and increase clan ladder activity. I think 2 clans would be enough as it can lead to BO 19 clan matches per day between the same people in case anyone wants to re in a different clan.

Thoughts?

#2 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:09 AM

hate it.

#3 tbiol

tbiol

Captain

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • XWIS Name: tbiol

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:25 AM

I just don't think the current community size could support this idea.

here is why:

It's hard enough to get a 2v2 CM to begin with due to time zones, sleep schedules, and low spots of activity.

It would force people to either: create larger clans (which would be ideal, if there were larger amounts of players, which we don't have) so that players would have multiple opportunities to play with a partner; or they would create single player or two player clans. IMO

#4 rumblesom

rumblesom

Captain

• Strike Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4992 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:49 AM

no good, its enough already with reducing the available nicknames and increasing the days before they can be deleted.

how many nicks per control panel now? is it still 9? it was very unpopular to allow members to register multiple serials without telling them they'd still only be allowed
9 nicks.

Edited by rumblesom, 09 July 2012 - 03:49 AM.

#5 Curatio

Curatio

Seal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:52 AM

Well that would screw me over. I clan for as many clans who need partners lol

#6 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13498 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

hate it.

Is that the most constructive post you could come up with?

Thoughts?

The current clan ladder seems more of a combination of 1v1 and 2v2 ladders. Too bad we can't have a real 2v2 ladder.

BTW, it'd probably have to be per account, not per serial.

#7 Mikoz

Mikoz

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7094 posts
  • XWIS Name: Palacio

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

I have said a idea like this before..
Limited number of clans / nicknames per person should better to increase competitive ladders.

However some ppl are pussy / cheaters and hide under diff nicks / clans every month so it only works with stricked rules and not with just spreading the idea itself...

Also better imo because you save all ur trophys under a limited number of nicks i started with this already 2-3 years ago.

#8 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

Is that the most constructive post you could come up with?

no

#9 Psychic

Psychic

NRA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts
  • XWIS Name: PuNiSh3eR

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

I disagree with it, I have many old clans that I'm in that I would like to stay apart of and when I do clan its usually only for 1 clan that month any way.

#10 BlueBala

BlueBala

Commander

• Members
  • 12219 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:10 AM

With the amount of players in the server 2 clans might be too little but if we manage to balance the number of clans allowed with the number of players - to increase the number of players in one clan and limit multi clanning, it might make it easier to find 2vs2 clan matches vs other players. Not to mention the loyalty, rivalry and competition it would bring towards clans people have to dedicate too ;)

#11 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:14 AM

With the amount of players in the server 2 clans might be too little but if we manage to balance the number of clans allowed with the number of players - to increase the number of players in one clan and limit multi clanning, it might make it easier to find 2vs2 clan matches vs other players. Not to mention the loyalty, rivalry and competition it would bring towards clans people have to dedicate too ;)

I understand what you are saying, and I'll humor Olaf by explaining why I think it will not benefit the majority of players.

Multi-clanning actually isn't a problem anymore, it does not hinder game play in most situations. People nowadays do a bo9 and then switch clans and do another bo9 all the time. Also, it is rather difficult to get a 2v2 cm nowadays, as someone already mentioned. My main point is that it would not help activity, though I do honestly believe it wouldn't really hurt it either, it would probably be about the same although the majority of players would dislike the change.

#12 Michel

Michel

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

best of 10 would be better instead of 5.

#13 AlliedPlayer

AlliedPlayer

Allied BOSS

• Donators
  • 15264 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

its best of 9 at the moment in clans anyway

#14 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

its best of 9 at the moment in clans anyway

he means first to 10 wins instead of first to 5 wins, and by 10 wins he means 11, which is best of 21

#15 ohurcool

ohurcool

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1407 posts
  • XWIS Name: Chad

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

double the points for a 2v2 win. 7 clans in the top 10 haven't even played a 2v2 -_-

#16 aNdRz

aNdRz

<3 Heineken Beer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

i like the idea. two clans are enough for everyone whos playing.
i hate multiclan - im playing for awaken and sometimes for @boom@ to have some 2on2.
but just cause nieks connection dont work that much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users