baasacJak

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • XWIS Name: baasacJak

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hi there

I need someone to take a look at my account please. I can't see which games I have registered and I can't even register my own Nick, which I have definitely played under on the XWIS servers before. For some reason, I had my brother's Nick (simduc09) registered on my account which I have now deleted.

The back story is that I originally owned RA2 from when it first came out. My 2 discs became lost accross the country as they were lent to family/friends. So I bought TFD and I'm sure I registered all the games on this account(the RA2 code from my copy of TFD ends in 7844, hope that helps differentiate). Now I'm not sure which accounts are where, and why my Nick isn't registered under my username. Could an account administrator please take a look and try to help me clear up this mess I've gotten into.

Thanks for your time, and patience :)

baasacJak

#2 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

You should just be able to create a nickname. Select from the dropdown list and pick RA2. Enter a nickname you want to use, and use the Game Password in the control panel to login online.

#3 baasacJak

baasacJak

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hi NeoGrant.

Thanks for having a look at this. My nickname 'baasacJak' is already registered according to the control panel. It is almost certainly registered to me somehow, but because of the mess of my 2 copies of RA2, it's not registered to this account. Is there anything you guys can do for me?

Cheers

baasacJak

#4 NeoGrant

NeoGrant

Commander

• Members
  • 14917 posts
  • XWIS Name: neo

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:10 AM

Did you register a serial that contained the nick baasacjak with the control panel at the time? Or have you lost the serial containing the nick baasacJak?

#5 baasacJak

baasacJak

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

The 2 serials should both be registered to this account's email address. I always played under the nick baasacJak, including when EA used to run the servers. I can't for the life of me think why I had my brother's nick registered on this account, and this is only adding to the confusion in my mind.

All I really want is to have my nick registered to this account. I'm not too bothered about the 2nd serial. I don't need 2 right?

#6 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:29 AM

if the nickname you are talking about was originally made on one of the serials and you registered both those serials to the same account then any previous nicknames that were made on those serials would come up...

I'm not sure what you're question is or what you want. You can create whatever nickname you want as long as you have 8 or less nicks and it isn't already taken. If you have more than 8 nicknames it will not allow you to create a new one. It is possible to have more than 8 nicknames only if you register multiple serials (2 like you said) to the same account on your control panel. If you do have more than 8 you need to delete some as the limit of nicknames per account is 9.

You do not need 2 serials, but you cannot remove the second serial you already added. If you want to remove it that is something only Olaf can accomplish (and probably won't).

#7 baasacJak

baasacJak

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:01 AM

Hey Seke

Thanks for taking a look at this.

I've just had a couple games logged in as 'baasacJak' using a password that I created. As far as I can tell, the passwords you get off the control panel are pseudo-randomly generated for you and you can't choose your own, right? So does that mean that my 'baasacJak' nick has been carried over from the old Westwood/EA servers and is in an account which has no XWIS control panel account linked to it?

The older serial must not be registered to this account as that username does not show up as a nick in the control panel for this account.

What I want is to play under my normal nickname: 'baasacJak'.
What I really really want is to consolidate all my serials and nicks into this account.
My question at the end of the last post was rhetorical. I know I don't need 2 serials, but I do own 2 serials and so if I could access/control both that would be super.

Thanks again for your time. Perhaps this Olaf guy might be able to sort it out? What do you think of the password for 'baasacJak' being one that I've created rather than a random one?

#8 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:03 AM

Say you had 5 nicks that were created on one serial (#1) and 4 nicks created on another serial (#2) in a time that was pre-control panel. You can register both these serials onto your control panel and all nicks that were created on each serial, both 1 and 2, should show up (assuming that they were not unused for 5+ consecutive years). However, since 5 + 4 is 9 and the limit of nicknames is 9 per account, you will not be able to create another nickname until deleting one.

Q: What I want is to play under my normal nickname: 'baasacJak'.

A: If you want to play on the nick "baasacJak" simply add the serial used to create it onto your control panel.

Q: What I really really want is to consolidate all my serials and nicks into this account.

A: If you want all your past nicknames on your control panel, add all the relevant serials.The only thing you gain by adding more than 1 serial is by gaining access to the preexisting nicknames that were created on it.

Q: As far as I can tell, the passwords you get off the control panel are pseudo-randomly generated for you and you can't choose your own, right?

A: The passwords are randomly generated for you, yes. You must use this XWIS password to log in.

The older serial must not be registered to this account as that username does not show up as a nick in the control panel for this account.

^ That would be a logical deduction, the solution would be to add the serial that is linked to that nickname onto your control panel.

Edited by Seke, 07 July 2012 - 04:06 AM.

#9 Ben

Ben

Volatile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9345 posts
  • XWIS Name: Ben

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:30 AM

I've just had a couple games logged in as 'baasacJak' using a password that I created. As far as I can tell, the passwords you get off the control panel are pseudo-randomly generated for you and you can't choose your own, right? So does that mean that my 'baasacJak' nick has been carried over from the old Westwood/EA servers and is in an account which has no XWIS control panel account linked to it?

Most likely yes. I have a few accounts from an old serial I lost that still have normal passwords and are not linked to a CP. They work fine.

#10 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13496 posts
  • XWIS Name: XTF

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

Two nicks, baasacjak and lordlew, were created on a serial not added to any account yet. A serial last used in April 2011. If you add that serial, the nick is in your CP.

#11 baasacJak

baasacJak

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

Wow, after I went to sleep, some serious effort was put in to this. So thanks to everyone who is helping.

Olaf, that has almost completely cleared it up for me.
Lordlew is my cousin, Lewis, who lives in Luxembourg(previously Belgium) and I remember playing multiplayer with him when I was on holiday there. This means he probably has my original copy of RA2 and if all I have to do is add that serial to my control panel then that is totally do-able. However, he is only a child and I probably told him he could have my old RA2 (since I've bought TFD now anyway).

Is there any chance that the baasacJak nick can be transferred onto my account, leaving him with his lordlew nick and that serial to register if he wants? No big deal if that can't be done. I'll probably pick up my old RA2 serial off him next time I see him if it can't.

Seke, thanks for clarifying those points. As I mentioned in the first post, adding the older serial to my control panel is not as easy as it sounds as I did not know who has the physical copy of the game with the serial. I think Olaf has cleared that up for me though.

For now, I can keep playing as baasacJak anyway since I guessed my old password last night.

#12 baasacJak

baasacJak

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

Is there any chance that the baasacJak nick can be transferred onto my account, leaving him with his lordlew nick and that serial to register if he wants?

Any chance of the above happening, chaps?

I can try and prove the nick is mine somehow?
Couple random letters from the password?

#13 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13496 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

Just this one time, as you're such a nice guy.

#14 baasacJak

baasacJak

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

Aw, thanks very much. I see my nick in my control panel now. I will make sure and remind Lewis (lordlew) how lucky he is to still have his own copy of the game and to thank a nice chap called Olaf, next time I visit.

#15 SlipSlot

SlipSlot

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hello,

I'm having the same issue, I use one of two usernames for everything I do online (SlipSlot & Klowjow) - I have two copies of The First Decade and have registered all the serials for those games in order to try find my usernames.

No luck! I believe these usernames where probably made back when I had single ordinary copies of Red Alert 2 which I sold years back after buying the First Decades.

Is there ANY possible way of getting these usernames transfered and if so what information would you need in order for me to prove they are mine?

Any information would be massively appreciated!

Many regards,
SlipSlot

Edited by SlipSlot, 23 July 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#16 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:55 AM

Hello,

I'm having the same issue, I use one of two usernames for everything I do online (SlipSlot & Klowjow) - I have two copies of The First Decade and have registered all the serials for those games in order to try find my usernames.

No luck! I believe these usernames where probably made back when I had single ordinary copies of Red Alert 2 which I sold years back after buying the First Decades.

Is there ANY possible way of getting these usernames transfered and if so what information would you need in order for me to prove they are mine?

Any information would be massively appreciated!

Many regards,
SlipSlot

did you try making the nicknames?

#17 SlipSlot

SlipSlot

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

I did yes, both have been registered before.

Although I know they were used by me.

#18 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

I did yes, both have been registered before.

Although I know they were used by me.

but you don't have the serials used to create the nicks?

#19 SlipSlot

SlipSlot

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

Not anymore no.

#20 Seke

Seke

C&C Tournament Organizer

• Help Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

Not anymore no.

out of luck then

#21 SlipSlot

SlipSlot

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

Erm, thanks Seke?

Initially it would seem you're right, and before reading the first user's issue above and seeing how it was resolved, I once thought there was no hope also.

This guy above actually had ways of retrieving the key himself and was still given help moving his usernames across accounts.

I however have no chance at all and am just as desperate to use my old usernames to line up with everything else.

Please Olaf, if you're reading.. Help me out, I'll give you whatever information I can to prove I was the person who created and used these usernames.

Regards,
Warren.

Edited by SlipSlot, 24 July 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#22 SlipSlot

SlipSlot

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

Brilliant - Thanks Olaf!

Seems it wasn't as simple as 'out of luck then'

I got my SlipSlot back and can now play all my C&C games with the same username.

Again, thanks so much!

Edited by SlipSlot, 24 July 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#23 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13496 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

It was on your new serial, so I undeleted it. The other nick isn't on one of your new serials.

#24 SlipSlot

SlipSlot

New Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

How strange, not sure how it could have been deleted. :wacko:

I had no reason to and have only just started using Xwis.

However I am still very grateful to you for helping with my issue.

Thanks,
SlipSlot.

#25 Olaf

Olaf

Commander

• XWIS Admin
  • 13496 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

How strange, not sure how it could have been deleted. :wacko:

Inactivity